Green Fees for Outings

MikeT

Reaction score
With all the get togethers, outings and golf events going on not just here at THP but in your local areas. What do you consider an acceptable green fee for each round? Myself I would prefer the rounds to be under $50 each but will pay more depending on the event.

Green fees on a decent course here will start at $60 - $90 for prime time play ( weekend mornings) If you want to play later in the day you can get lower rates ($35-50)

I am about the same as White Rhino. For KC you are looking at around 50-60 bucks on the weekends for good courses, and cheaper around 30-40 if you go later in the afternoon.

All depends on the course and circumstances. Usually like to be around $50 for gatherings with other THP'ers but will pay more without an issue if the location/course calls for it.

60-65 is fine with me. I will go up to $100 depending on the course.

Good courses around here I'd be willing to pay $50-65 on the weekends, a lot of courses have a twilight that starts around 2 or 3 pm for $35-40.

About the same morning rounds are 50-65 and later in the day drops to 25-35 I like getting the round out of the way early but don't mind playing later for half price.

i usually play during the week but i like to keep it around $50. i wanna play nice courses unless i wanna go work on something and then there are a few cheap courses i can go to to work on my game. but i'll pay almost anything if i believe the course is worth it.

I will pay whatever the courses are charging us for the outing, if it is really rich for my blood I will probably play only one day, but I would say $100 per day would probably be my limit. So far it has been in the $50 range for the ones I have attended.

I have an opportunity to play The Ocean Club in the Bahamas in November while I'm down there for my wedding. This is where they held The Big Break Atlantis. The green fees are $225. Is it worth it? Would you guys pay this given the opportunity to play there? I think it's ridiculously steep but I'm considering it anyways.

I'm a cheap-o. I might pay over $45 once or twice a year while playing in my area. If I'm on vacation things are different.

I'm a cheap-o. I might pay over $45 once or twice a year while playing in my area. If I'm on vacation things are different.
I completely agree with this.

I try and not go over $50 for a round. I generally like to pay below $30 for most of my regular rounds.

Tapatalkin

I will agree with One T's agreement....LOL

I agree, One-T did agree.

I try to be frugal for my normal rounds, but for special events as long as the fees aren't outrageous, I don't mind.

This. Although for THP stuff I'll pay more. For the local gatherings I've been to, I've spent 65 for two rounds, 74 for two rounds, and 180 for unlimited over 2 days (an upcomning gathering at one of the top 4 public courses in Indiana) I'm a cheapie when it comes to rounds by myself. I walk, I know what the 3 courses around me will charge me, and I won't get range balls to warm up..

I have an opportunity to play The Ocean Club in the Bahamas in November while I'm down there for my wedding. This is where they held The Big Break Atlantis. The green fees are $225. Is it worth it? Would you guys pay this given the opportunity to play there? I think it's ridiculously steep but I'm considering it anyways.

I think it depends on you.

For me, if I knew I wasnt coming back and it was an once in a lifetime time kind of thing I probably would but I think I would check to see what other courses are around to play too.

Being that it's your honeymoon, I would think golfing a lot is on the back burner which justifies spending the money on one round for a nice course :) but I'm sure there are a lot of nice places to go visit and take in.

Just for me, regular round, I don't like to go over $50. For a get together with other THP'ers I have no issue going up to $100. The company would make it worth it, and usually in NC you play a pretty nice course for $100.

I think it depends on you.

For me, if I knew I wasnt coming back and it was an once in a lifetime time kind of thing I probably would but I think I would check to see what other courses are around to play too.

Being that it's your honeymoon, I would think golfing a lot is on the back burner which justifies spending the money on one round for a nice course :) but I'm sure there are a lot of nice places to go visit and take in.

I think I'm going to play the course. I'll get to play with my best friend, my father, and Samantha's father the day before our wedding. I think it will be a really cool experience. Samantha and the girls are going to be at the spa all day so I can probably get in another round at a different course that day. I don't think there will be any golf on our honeymoon....I don't see Samantha going for that one :act-up:.

Will you ever get the chance to play there again? If not, it may be worth every penny!

like to stay in $40's range, or like $80 for 2 rounds

but if its an awesome course, will drop a benjamin to play in a heart beat depending on who Im golfing with

Will you ever get the chance to play there again? If not, it may be worth every penny!

Probably not and the course looks amazing. I don't think I can pass it up.

I'm more along the lines of this. Most of my rounds are in the $25-$35 range.

I think a lot of what people pay will depend on the cost of living where they live (obviously). In a rural area, most of our courses are cheaper (and not as nice) as what those of you in more urban areas are used to.

A big outing like something for THP, I'd pay more than for just a round with friends...special can't have the same price tag. Around here though, $40 is a costly round (without cart), so nothing would be too overpriced for fun in the local area. We did a scramble Saturday, and for my wife and I it was $75 with cart for both of us...spendy for us, but worth it to golf with friends we don't see more than once every 25 years. :D

I definitely try to stay under $40 for a round. I will try and go later in the day to get a cheaper rate unless I am going out with a group and then usually we try and go early in the morning.

Back