Status
Not open for further replies.
I buy most of my bulk ammo from Lucky gunner dot com. Also most of the stores around here have been stocked up for a while, pretty much every caliber you want.

That's a bit scary. I probably would have been randomly stopped for questioning at least once a week.

Sadly, that would never have happened my local school district because every school has at least 3 armed police officers roaming the halls.

I've been a fan of ammo to go dot com.

i would stick with the 9mm as you can stock up on one caliber, instead of splitting resources between two. 9mm will also be easier for Kellybo to shoot and train with. I would also stick with glock as that is a manual of arms you are familiar with, so seems a glock 19 may be the sweet spot for you, not sure if your current glock is a 19 or 26.

as far as stopping power, 9mm, vs .40 vs .45 etc.... i believe it comes down to what you can train with the best, and as a result will shoot the best.

below is a good article to read about "stopping power"

http://www.policemag.com/channel/we...opping-power-myths-legends-and-realities.aspx

Mine 9mm is the larger model/handle as my hand would not well with the smaller version. I loved the feel of the smaller 9mm but it fits about half way into my big old hand :D. Good idea about staying in the same caliber for ammo although I was curious if KellyBo would be a bit more comfortable going down in caliber. I need to take her up to my gun shop and let her shoot a few different models. They have a class where they put several different calibers up for those who want to try them. It's a week night class. I'm sold on the Glock pistols as they are so easy to break down and clean etc.

I buy most of my bulk ammo from Lucky gunner dot com. Also most of the stores around here have been stocked up for a while, pretty much every caliber you want.
yeah its pretty stocked here but its tough finding cheapo range ammo... thats the first to go at walmart
they still have defense ammo but i have plenty of those and those are more than a buck a round... i want the under a quarter a round ammo haha

My gun was sent to remington on the 6th, and it hasn't arrived, ups sent it al crazy, it left from here to Albuquerque, which is north of us, then all the way to south Florida, then up to Chicago, and it should be in New York on Thursday, talk about 10 day shipping haha. The tech told me if they don't can't fix what's wrong with it in a couple of days they will just send me a new one.

My gun was sent to remington on the 6th, and it hasn't arrived, ups sent it al crazy, it left from here to Albuquerque, which is north of us, then all the way to south Florida, then up to Chicago, and it should be in New York on Thursday, talk about 10 day shipping haha. The tech told me if they don't can't fix what's wrong with it in a couple of days they will just send me a new one.
hope you get a new one haha

hope you get a new one haha

I hope so, it was supposed to be a two week turnaround, but it's take. 2 weeks to not even get there.

A guy here in town paints/camo's rifles. I saw some of his work online. I'm going to have him work on my Savage M25. Not sure what type of pattern I'll have him use. Any suggestions?

A guy here in town paints/camo's rifles. I saw some of his work online. I'm going to have him work on my Savage M25. Not sure what type of pattern I'll have him use. Any suggestions?

Multicam

Mine 9mm is the larger model/handle as my hand would not well with the smaller version. I loved the feel of the smaller 9mm but it fits about half way into my big old hand :D. Good idea about staying in the same caliber for ammo although I was curious if KellyBo would be a bit more comfortable going down in caliber. I need to take her up to my gun shop and let her shoot a few different models. They have a class where they put several different calibers up for those who want to try them. It's a week night class. I'm sold on the Glock pistols as they are so easy to break down and clean etc.

sounds like the best plan to let KellyBo try out a few things, few recommendations after getting an idea of what she wants would be

Ruger SP101 .357 magnum revolver - Don't worry not saying have her shoot magnum loads, but the SP101 .357 also handles .38, and soaks up that recoil, so gives you two options .357 magnum, or .38 for Kelly

Ruger LC380 - ***** cat to shoot, handles the .380 well, and slide is easy to rack. compact, can be carried, has plenty of safety options if that is needed.

Walther PK380 - Little bigger than the ruger, easiest slide i know on a Auto to rack, great ergos, has a safety, and shots the .380 well.

I am wanting to buy one of these Springfield M1A SOCOM 16. would this be considered an AW in one of those silly states?

socom16.jpg

I am wanting to buy one of these Springfield M1A SOCOM 16. would this be considered an AW in one of those silly states?

socom16.jpg

Yes. It's black and scary looking.

AW? is that one of those made up liberal words? or are you thirsty for some root beer? haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back