Handicap 2022- Where are you headed?

#troy

Jax, FL
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Well, it is the first of the year.
What is your index today and where do you see it going as the year progresses?

Currently sitting at 9.4. Love being in the single digits but don't see it being sustainable in 2022. Have a baby, dropped my membership and have a few competing hobbies that will limit my rounds.

I do plan on keeping my indoor golf membership and possibly adding a range membership at a local club to keep the swing in rhythm.

I see my handicap around the 10-11 market at year end.

Still at an all time low (10.1) thanks to playing OL earlier in 2021. but last handful of scores have not maintained.

plan to get some OL irons in the bag again and hit up some lessons early in the year focusing on short game. Try to ramp up to some club and travel competitive rounds and be more prepared if I can luck my way into more THP experience goodness.

hope to get the cap under 10 by midyear and maintain it. (y)

11.1 today, but I’m off until probably April. I’d like to get it to 10 or lower.

Handicap went down slightly, but who knows what direction it's going to go this year. Wouldn't mind dropping a couple from it and get back down to sub 5 or better.

I'm a 0.4 right now. Realistically not sure how much better i can get. I moved 5 minutes away from my club so maybe i'll be able to practice a bit more. Plus i finished last year very strong. But again realistically it's pretty tough to get much lower while only playing 60~ times and living in the Northeast with a day job

8.9 right now, my goal was single digits all year and I was pretty close to achieving that this past year. (Had a couple months in the 10s).

But more importantly (perhaps) I’m setting a goal to break 80 in 2022.

Last edited:
I’ve been giving this question a lot more thought recently. Since we are handcuffed currently by the weather my rounds (and tracking any improvement) are all courtesy of the trackman app. Some of these rounds coincide with me finding a swing coach and committing to a lesson plan and consistent practice. Since late October I’ve gone from a 23hcp down to a 10, and played 19 rounds. I’m not sure a 10 is an achievable goal this season but I’d be happy in somewhere in the teens.

I've dropped 3 strokes off my handicap each of the past 2 years. Just over a 10 to a 7.5 then from 7.5 to 4.3 due to my final 5 rounds of the year. I doubt I can replicate that but my guess is I'll be around a 3 by the end of the year.

I'm at 10.4 now which was up from 9.1 in 2019. 2020 I didn't play a single round thanks to Covid and prostate cancer. 2022 I'm shooting to get back in the low 9s.

I’ve been giving this question a lot more thought recently. Since we are handcuffed currently by the weather my rounds (and tracking any improvement) are all courtesy of the trackman app. Some of these rounds coincide with me finding a swing coach and committing to a lesson plan and consistent practice. Since late October I’ve gone from a 23hcp down to a 10, and played 19 rounds. I’m not sure a 10 is an achievable goal this season but I’d be happy in somewhere in the teens.
You can get into the singles easily enough, once there that is where the strokes come off slower but really worth it.

I finished at 2.4 this year, joining a new course and hoping to keep it under 5.

I expect 2022 will be no different than a typical golf year for me. Since the season doesn't start until April, it takes me about a month to rid myself of the winter rust. As a result, my cap rises be a couple of points until July at which point it trends downward and I finish out the year at my lowest.

If I could flatten the curve a bit this year and keep the peak down I would be happier, but as the low cap of my group I always have bragging rights so I can't complain. I also don't use my cap for any official purposes so really it's just a number.

Just got my official GHIN and I closed the year at 10.6 after going as low as 9.5. Shooting for something 7.X this year!

You can get into the singles easily enough, once there that is where the strokes come off slower but really worth it.
[/QUOTE
Don’t know if I’m quite done with this ponder. Maybe I’ll start a thread about this one.

Sitting at 10.9 right now. I would like to get it into single digits and keep it there.

I’m calling my shot that I’m getting down to a 3.something this year. Brand new bag of fitted clubs is going to be huge. Currently 6.8 because of my rounds in California. I’m ready to drop a ton. And this time, I’ll keep it off

I’m calling my shot that I’m getting down to a 3.something this year. Brand new bag of fitted clubs is going to be huge. Currently 6.8 because of my rounds in California. I’m ready to drop a ton. And this time, I’ll keep it off
I can see that happening easily, especially with the new driver shaft keeping you in play more off the tee. Get that FIR up and you will be golden.

5.3 as of today. If the trajectory continues from last year, I see it being under 3 maybe 2. I don't really have a goal for that.

I’m at an all time low of 16.1. I’m hoping to get down to 12 this year.

I joined a local group of public courses and the membership came with a couple free lessons so I’m planning to take those right away and get back in to regular lessons. Planning to do a full bag fitting, practice at least once a week, and play every weekend. Hopefully that’s a recipe for lower scores.

I’m about at a 5 right now.

My goal is 1-2.

I'm at 5 currently due to catching fire from August to November.
I know it won't stick around so my goal is just to hang on for dear life and try keep it below 7.

I'm at 23.1 currently, but my goal is to get it down to at least 15 next season.

Back