Am I missing something? You said you joined the USGA in your OP. Doesn't USGA membership come with a free handicap? It always did as far as I know.

If it does, I haven't read anything or heard about it. That would be great if it did.

VSGA uses GHIN system (requires joining a club). But you can use GolfNet via Mid-Atlantic section of PGA (covers MD, DC and VA). http://www.ushandicap.com/social.asp

You can join Bull Run for $3000. GHIN service is part of the membership http://www.golfbullrun.com/membership-info.php

Played there this afternoon, Wow has it gone down. Greens were pretty bad and fairways were so,so. That is one of my favorite courses and I don't know whats going on with it but it wasn't in the best shape. I figured since Rasberry took it over it would shine.

Played there this afternoon, Wow has it gone down. Greens were pretty bad and fairways were so,so. That is one of my favorite courses and I don't know whats going on with it but it wasn't in the best shape. I figured since Rasberry took it over it would shine.

They took over last fall I think. Maybe one more growing season is needed to get it up to snuff. I haven't played there this year. Played Prince William on the 9th (in much better shape since Billy Casper took over) and Bristow Manor (in honor of The Open) on the 16th.

They took over last fall I think. Maybe one more growing season is needed to get it up to snuff. I haven't played there this year. Played Prince William on the 9th (in much better shape since Billy Casper took over) and Bristow Manor (in honor of The Open) on the 16th.

There also building around 25 homes on 3-5 acre lots. They just started clearing. I drive by PW all the time but have never played it, looks like a decent course from the road. Is Bristow the par 3 off of 28?

Guys, lets keep this one about the topic at hand.
If you would like to discuss area courses, please use an appropriate thread. Thanks.

Guys, lets keep this one about the topic at hand.
If you would like to discuss area courses, please use an appropriate thread. Thanks.

Sorry about that JB, anyway I looked up the HC on USGA's site. They do not give you a free HC with membership. It says to get it through your local club, which I am not a member anywhere. Would I just sign up for GHIN at any course that uses GHIN?

Back