Happy Chinese New Year

We had our hot pot on [the western] New Years day. That was a gut-buster for sure.
I think we'll just be going to a restaurant in the near future for a meal since it's too much work to cook for 14-18 people.

I look forward to:
Pork Belly
[the stereotypical] Ginger Beef

I can't really say that we go for the 'traditional' dishes... very westernized since they're generally easier to eat.
Once, we did have Fish swim bladder though and that was neat.

This year, after watching "Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations" I'm feeling more adventurous and hope that some weird things get thrown on the table. I know though that some of my relatives will not approve since Sweet & Sour Pork is exotic for them.

Two of my biggest customers are in China, so this gives me a chance to catch up on some things. It's a nice break!

Happy Chinese New Year to all!

You must be smart! All the monkeys I know are very clever.

It's my year - the year of the rabbit. I'm hoping for big things... :)

As for traditional food, the husband is ABC, I'm Korean American. For Chinese New Year, his mom always makes nien gao (sp?) - the sweet kind, with red bean. Koreans eat the rice ovalets in soup (dduk-gook), and tonight? We're heating huo-guo (hot pot) (I'm feeling lazy and we're having guests) with a ton of red meat from the Japanese super market (YUM!).

I'm an ABC as well. I'll be at your place for dinner :D

5310234147_387fec7c28.jpg

So after surviving the day wtihout any meat, I come home to find that my own mother - the one who made the rest of the family NOT eat meat, went out for lunch and chowed down on... you guessed it! MEAT!

Hypocrite.

So after surviving the day wtihout any meat, I come home to find that my own mother - the one who made the rest of the family NOT eat meat, went out for lunch and chowed down on... you guessed it! MEAT!

Hypocrite.

NO SERIOUSLY??? So did she make you some for dinner?

NO SERIOUSLY??? So did she make you some for dinner?

I wish.
Stir fried vegetables, perogies, and tomato soup for dinner last night.

And to those of you shaking your heads at me about making a fuss about not being able to eat meat for a day - I am a carnivore through & through.
Would you believe I have the nickname "Meat Man"?

Would you believe I have the nickname "Meat Man"?

I think I have heard of someone who has that nickname as well but I think he works in a different "industry". :D

I think I have heard of someone who has that nickname as well but I think he works in a different "industry". :D

Hahahaha yeah... I earned it because I take pictures of all my roasts and steaks on my iPhone and e-mail them to my friends :p

Back