heavy Graphite shafts

salisboss

RIP Jake 8/17/01-9/21/14
Reaction score
Handicap
Last night I went to a PING fitting and like the i25 with the 75g shaft in stiff flex. Even if I stay with my Amp Cell or move on to a new driver I definitely like the heavier shaft weight. There is so much out there but what would be some shafts in this weight/flex area?

Aldila Tour Green/Blue have the 76g weights...What shaft was in the i25?

It was the ping pwr75. They make their own shafts.

It was the ping pwr75. They make their own shafts.

Gotcha that's what I was thinking. I believe those two I listed should be similar although ping does change balance points (that could be what you liked).

If I asked for similar aftermarket shaft does anyone think they recommend something? I know a big thing with them is also a low profile hosel so that could be something I liked.

Is 75 grams considered heavy?

Is 75 grams considered heavy?

75g for a driver shaft is definitely on the heavier side. Most stock shats are 50 to 65 gram range now days

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

You could always find a 75 gram ping pwr shaft for sale and have a club builder switch out the tips so you could use it in your amp cell.

The pwr shafts have not been out for that long so you may not find a ton of comparison to them just yet.

Also keep in mind the pwr 75 in stiff is only 69 grams so a true mid to high 70 gram shaft may feel a good bit heavier

75g for a driver shaft is definitely on the heavier side. Most stock shats are 50 to 65 gram range now days

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Ok, miised that it was a driver. But 75 grams is not considered heavy for irons, is it? Ping G25 graphite are 74 grams.

Ok, miised that it was a driver. But 75 grams is not considered heavy for irons, is it? Ping G25 graphite are 74 grams.

Not heavy for irons.

I found the driver shaft on eBay. May look around at others so I will gladly take other suggestions for similarly weighted driver shafts. I definitely need to go through the Golfsmith clubmaking catalog for ideas.

Not heavy for irons.

I found the driver shaft on eBay. May look around at others so I will gladly take other suggestions for similarly weighted driver shafts. I definitely need to go through the Golfsmith clubmaking catalog for ideas.

Price point you are trying to stay in ?

Diamana has some good options in that weight. I too am a fan of the 70 plus gram driver shaft

Tappin it up

You can find RIP shafts in the 70 gram range for that price.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back