Help Me Find Socks. Please. Pretty Please?

JR

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys, I currently walk the course a whole lot more than I ride, and I have been having some issues with my current socks (Starter Athletic socks, for the most part.) I find that they do not cushion my heel enough, and I also have problems with blistering. In addition, my feet sweat. Copiously, and these socks don't handle it well.

Any suggestions for some good socks? (In before Hanks screams Kentwool, I am not dishing out that kind of coin for a single pair.)

Dr scholls heel pad. It will help a lot.

---
- Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

It's not the socks dude. Get better shoes.

I walked a few rounds without socks once. Blistering, as ddec pointed out, is a bad shoe- not the socks fault

Makes sense. That sucks, shoes a a heckuva lot more pricey than socks, lol.

Is this the new SOCK forum?? Whats up with all the sock talk black ,white,high,low?? soap & water and some foot spray go along way..

Reactions: JR
Is this the new SOCK forum?? Whats up with all the sock talk black ,white,high,low?? soap & water and some foot spray go along way..

Ummm, what? Questioning my hygiene? Thanks man, way to step up to the plate on that one.

Before you go drop loads of money on shoes. I have a few pairs of UA socks, made for running, but I use them for golf also. They have a little extra padding in the heel and toe area, really breathable. I can't find the name of them, but when I was in the states, every TJ Maxx I walked into had them in both black and white. At Sport stores they go for like $15 a pair, but I picked them up for $7 per pair at TJ.

I must say, I think the shoes are the problem here as well, but if you want to try a sock first, these may help a little.

i'm currently using the adidas tour crew socks very comfortable. they are a compression sock so they fit nice and snug with padding on the soul and ankle not bad for €10 for 2 pairs

It's not the socks dude. Get better shoes.

+1. You wouldn't believe what a really good pair of shoes does for your feet. This year I decided to get some sweet new shoes that cost double what I normally pay and my feet feel so much better.

When I walk the course I keep an extra pair of socks in my bag and change them at the turn, really helps a lot for keeping your feet comfortable

When I walk the course I keep an extra pair of socks in my bag and change them at the turn, really helps a lot for keeping your feet comfortable

Good idea....I will have to try this....:D

If you can wait on shoes the prices drop dramatically after the new year. I picked up 4 pairs of FJ's at Dick's after New Years this year and all 4 pair together didn't cost as much as 1 pair of the new line that was out for 2011

Try TGW too. I got FJ sports for like 70 bucks.

Hey guys, I currently walk the course a whole lot more than I ride, and I have been having some issues with my current socks (Starter Athletic socks, for the most part.) I find that they do not cushion my heel enough, and I also have problems with blistering. In addition, my feet sweat. Copiously, and these socks don't handle it well.

Any suggestions for some good socks? (In before Hanks screams Kentwool, I am not dishing out that kind of coin for a single pair.)

Kentwool dude. Seriously. Think about what you waste $20 on in a month.....cut that out and voila you have Kentwool socks.

If they were to help your game, why would you ignore that possibility?

---
- ^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Oh sorry, I came into this thread because I thought Bill Clinton had lost his cat and was trying to find it

Adidas climilites socks are 6 pair for $18 retail, if you have an Academy Sports close by I think they sell them for $14. I can't really recommend a walking shoe as I have 2 pair of Bites I have not worn out yet and the company went out of business about 3 years ago. Check you the DOD thread for shoes and see if you spot something that fits the bill for you.

Do the socks you buy actually fit your feet? If I remember correctly you have giant feet.

I know that my feet feel a lot better ever since I started buying more fitted socks. No more of those socks that say "fits shoe sizes 6-12."

Oh yeah, get some better shoes :smile:

Kentwool dude. Seriously. Think about what you waste $20 on in a month.....cut that out and voila you have Kentwool socks.

If they were to help your game, why would you ignore that possibility?

---
- ^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

If they are really that good, I will try them. I just wont go out to eat this month, so that should clear up cost issues. How long does a pair last?

Back