AoxomxoA

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey everybody, I'm a former addict who has fallen off the wagon again. Golfed a lot as a kid (varsity HS golf), dropped it when school stopped to spend 6 years in USNavy submarines. Fell off the wagon in my late 30's and played a ton for a few years, got down into the 12'a for index, as one of our golfing circle was a certified teaching pro between jobs with time on his hands and was very generous with his knowledge and time (thanks forever Dane).

2003 brought some ill health and by the end of the year I was diagnosed with stage III multiple myeloma and was knockin' on the door. Two bone marrow transplants and lots of chemotherapy and 10 years later I am defying the odds in my second career that my lovely wife of 26 years calls 'Staying Alive' and I call being a chauffeur to a 16 year old son.

A couple weeks ago my son and I were spring cleaning the garage when we got to the clubs in the back corner, he started fiddling with them. I asked if he was interested in going and hitting some balls. He earnestly shook his head yes. Surprised me a little, never brought it up before, no other signs. Sure enough we go out and I fell off that wagon again and he is happily there with me. 3 weeks later, at least 12 range visits together... we played 9 and then got through 12 more a few days later at the local course. Got my first par again (and just missed the birdie there)... I am an addict... :act-up:

Welcome to THP.

welcome aboard

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to :thp:

Welcome to THP!!!

As one former Navy guy (USS Nimitz) to another, welcome to THP!

Glad you kicked that cancer's butt and I hope there's thousands of rounds ahead!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to THP.

Awesome Story. Keep up the good work.

Oh yeah, Welcome to THP...

Welcome!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome and congrats on the good health!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome!

Welcome to THP.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Howdie and welcome to :thp: forums :hello:

Back