Home Happens On The Road - THP Media

Maybe our Class A towing a 5th wheel? Not sure thats legal...hehe
Not sure if it's legal, but would be quite the sight to see!

We will have some more calendar updates filling out the year in spots coming up soon.

haha, I know, there isnt an RV with a closet big enough

That is what I thought too....Enter some of the latest coaches with full walk in closets.

You could always get an RV and pull a Class A with it just for the Golf Shoes/Clothes... :act-up:

Problem solved:

austin-driving-rv-and-trailer.jpg

That might not be big enough for JB's closet though.

We will have some more calendar updates filling out the year in spots coming up soon.

So if you're up in PA, then up in Ohio and Indiana, surely you'll be taking 65 south IF you go home after those stops? The same 65 S that runs through... Alabama! Don't worry, that sweet smell in the state is from crystal footballs.

So if you're up in PA, then up in Ohio and Indiana, surely you'll be taking 65 south IF you go home after those stops? The same 65 S that runs through... Alabama! Don't worry, that sweet smell in the state is from crystal footballs.

We will already be in AL very soon. Not sure we will be stopping there again with in months of each other. However you never know.

We will already be in AL very soon. Not sure we will be stopping there again with in months of each other. However you never know.

True True.

Haha, I like this and hate this at the same time. Good thing you are an Auburn fan MSB... :alien:

Haha, I like this and hate this at the same time. Good thing you are an Auburn fan MSB... :alien:

HA! A fan of them losing in November!

Here is a little story about life on the road. When you are traveling and you do not plan on checking into a park or resort, you do something called "dry docking" or "Boon docking". They are one and the same and it basically means you are living off your built in 'haves' and not connected to power or water. Now dont let me kid you, we have both power off a huge generator and water off a huge tank that is filtered out of every faucet, but that is what is called boon docking. Living within what you have without being plugged in.

Well while on the road, there are a few large places that are open to this sort of thing when you need to park for a night and get some sleep, or eat, or walk the dogs or do whatever. Walmarts are known to be very open to this and are very much liked in the RV community because of it. All Walmarts allow dry docking and even encourage it if the city/county/locale allows it. This is because the founder was very much in love with the traveling lifestyle.

Well tonight, GG and I decided that we had had enough on the road and were both exhausted. There was no RV park anywhere near us in this area and we decided to call it a night. We use a RV specific GPS device by Rand McNally and it actually gives a ton of information like rest stops, camp grounds and even Walmarts. So we call the next one on the list and they say "Sure, we would love to have you. We have an area to park and make yourself at home. Feel free to run your generator all night and enjoy".

So we are boon docking tonight in a Walmart parking lot in the middle of absolutely no where. Not exactly roughing it mind you as we are both laid out on a couch, have a 40" TV on with Directv. Using the internet and have it all, but if you would have asked me 6 months ago if I would ever be camping in a parking lot of a Walmart, I would have laughed at you.

Here is a little story about life on the road. When you are traveling and you do not plan on checking into a park or resort, you do something called "dry docking" or "Boon docking". They are one and the same and it basically means you are living off your built in 'haves' and not connected to power or water. Now dont let me kid you, we have both power off a huge generator and water off a huge tank that is filtered out of every faucet, but that is what is called boon docking. Living within what you have without being plugged in.

Well while on the road, there are a few large places that are open to this sort of thing when you need to park for a night and get some sleep, or eat, or walk the dogs or do whatever. Walmarts are known to be very open to this and are very much liked in the RV community because of it. All Walmarts allow dry docking and even encourage it if the city/county/locale allows it. This is because the founder was very much in love with the traveling lifestyle.

Well tonight, GG and I decided that we had had enough on the road and were both exhausted. There was no RV park anywhere near us in this area and we decided to call it a night. We use a RV specific GPS device by Rand McNally and it actually gives a ton of information like rest stops, camp grounds and even Walmarts. So we call the next one on the list and they say "Sure, we would love to have you. We have an area to park and make yourself at home. Feel free to run your generator all night and enjoy".

So we are boon docking tonight in a Walmart parking lot in the middle of absolutely no where. Not exactly roughing it mind you as we are both laid out on a couch, have a 40" TV on with Directv. Using the internet and have it all, but if you would have asked me 6 months ago if I would ever be camping in a parking lot of a Walmart, I would have laughed at you.

You are not roughing it until you sleep in a Food Lion parking lot

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Thats a great story JB you crazy boon docker.

Plus they are open 24hours and monitored for added safety. There is actually another RV in the parking lot with us right now. It's a great time to stock up on supplies and grab some sleep before hitting the road for another all day drive.

The cool thing is that you can get your Wal Mart fix while you are there!

hahaha, breezey! JB's a Boon-dock Saint tonight! I love Wal-Marts. Y'all should people watch around 11pm. Where are you anyway?

Haha, BDJB

Tapatalk

I already spotted a man in overalls and a cowboy hat. We are in the middle of north Florida.
Let us know when you see a guy in jorts (and boots) and a cowboy hat. Should be pretty soon.

I already spotted a man in overalls and a cowboy hat. We are in the middle of north Florida.

God you are in the middle of nowhere. Be careful out there, I hear stories of toothless jort wearing lunatics.

--
Tapatalk2

God you are in the middle of nowhere. Be careful out there, I hear stories of toothless jort wearing lunatics.

--
Tapatalk2

Nah, we stay away from Gainesville.

Question for you guys, we want to do some video diaries from the road, what stuff would you like to see?
JB in sweatpants and a wife beater driving the RV.

Question for you guys, we want to do some video diaries from the road, what stuff would you like to see?

Diners and diner food. Diners rule.

Kevin

Let me know if you ever drive through West Virginia, I'll buy you lunch at my dad's restaurant.

Back