Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

Jank

I'm just a golfer, I suppose.
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
FIRs
Just curious what is your personal perception of the drivers in the area you live? Drivers in Houston are mostly nuts as they speed around everywhere, cut abruptly across 4 lanes of traffic, don't use their blinkers, are constantly texting, and are very reckless. For me, I think that I am a courteous driver within reason, but I am rarely going the speed limit on the freeways since traffic is generally rolling 5-10 mph over.

The United States top 5 most confrontational driving states​

• 1. Arizona (100/100)
  • 2. Rhode Island (98.46/100)
  • 3. West Virginia (97.82/100)
  • 4. Virginia (96.97/100)
  • 5. Oklahoma (96.49/100)
More than 80% of drivers in Arizona have been yelled at, insulted, cursed at or threatened by another driver, and 31.5% of Arizona drivers reported that another driver exited their vehicle to yell or fight with them – fifth highest ranking in the nation.

-- USA Today

From now until Spring Break, I live in Snowbird hell. I think Ohio discharges their worst drivers to SW Florida this time every year.

It's fall, our leaves dont change colors but the license plates do.

Just curious what is your personal perception of the drivers in the area you live? Drivers in Houston are mostly nuts as they speed around everywhere, cut abruptly across 4 lanes of traffic, don't use their blinkers, are constantly texting, and are very reckless. For me, I think that I am a courteous driver within reason, but I am rarely going the speed limit on the freeways since traffic is generally rolling 5-10 mph over.
Dude, when i go to the coast down that way, we take 99 around to the east just so DON"T have to drive through Houston

I voted 5. Even though we are both in Houston, and I see the same crazy things you see, I think it's the select few that are horrible and do crazy stuff. The others just speed.

I went 0 but I'm not sure it adequately describes the drivers I encounter daily.

I drive through Los Angeles every day so I’m really tempted to vote 0 to 1. The problem is that would include me since I’m out there.

If anyone votes for 6 or a over, you have to come forward

I got a 5 to be generous.

Let's see....in the past few

Had a car run a stop sign when an ambulance had their lights and sirens on coming from a cross street.
Going 7ish over the limit, right lane some lady was tailgating me like I owed her child support, no one in the left lane.
Someone swerved into my lane on a 90* turn on a country road, incoming to me - they then over compensated and ended up riding the ditch for a couple hundred feet.
This morning, right most turn lane turning left a car cut into my lane and there's no where for me to go since I am next to oncoming traffic.

Maybe I should downgrade my score...

Beyond awful. Everyone picks a lane on the freeway, hits cruise control and then just sits there. Even if there is nothing else on the road, they will steadfastly refuse to move over if you come up behind them. What really gets me though is the complete lack of turn signals. People will just slow down so you have no idea what they are doing then park up, turn, u turn, you name it. As a biker, that sends me over the edge. Loads and loads of inconsiderate shite driving, and yet hardly any road rage.

1-4, lots of tractors to drive behind.

Living in Massachusetts, driving defensively is a must, lol.

San Diego drivers are not bad on the whole. They are very aggressive, but they pay attention. You don't see drivers on their phones or eating hamburgers.

Half of the drivers on the road are below average.

I voted 0 - 1, A couple of weeks ago my buddy and I drove north from St Louis to Minneapolis and back. Once we got out of the city I didn’t see a single person driving unreasonably fast or reckless. Once your near an urban area the crazy’s come out.
If I lived in rural Iowa I could vote 10.

Lots of California drivers that have never seen white stuff on the road. It is a bit scary at times..

I describe the drivers here as slow and dumb. That could be because we have a large "senior" population. These S&Ds, drive under the speed limit, slam on the brakes on a yellow, and will not turn right until the light changes or is insanely clear. Sometimes they do not go when it is clear, but then go when a car is coming and then accelerate slowly.

Happy to see still no 6 and aboves

Fear for my life. Charlotte might have some of the worst drivers in the country. Straight dog💩

I'm in NC and use a Paradym Triple Diamond. I'm pretty sure they are same all over the country.

1-4. Do they give out licenses if you just ask for one or what? Super speed, no indicators, ride 2' from your arse, I've encountered it all.

living outside of Philly means we still get some Philly type drivers, so i voted 1-4 mostly crappy. when i lived in Philly, i felt like everyday was going to be the day i got into an accident. city people just drive different.

I’ve adjusted to the 10-15 over the limit is moderately slow. I will never adjust to the off ramp lane change from the middle lane through the right lane and into the ramp. Nor will I understand being willing to drive on the dirt and grass to get off the ramps. There’s an on ramp if you go straight. No need to try to sideswipe me because you haven’t figured it out.

But AZ is still the only state I’ve been brake checked, almost shoved off the road, and then chased because I merged with 500 ft. of free space. And it’s the state that made me check both ways when my light turns green. Red lights mean speed through the intersection in Tucson.

Back