How can we better help? Contest? Ideas?

How can we better help THPers with their games...Contest Ideas?

• Total voters
Thanks for engaging with the community. I signed up for the THP stuff and the bunker tips helped. I need to look more at the site while at work next week ;)

weekly drills/tips sounds good. maybe August is setup, September is backswing, etc. I like the idea of talking a volunteer from maybe the breaking 100 or 80 thread and see if you can get them over the hump.
Too easy. 😂😂😂.

But seriously good ideas. Keep me coming folks.

I’ve been doing the step drills this morning. Two things I will say: damn it’s a workout. Second, when I do them right the club path is automatically out to the right.

#1 and #2 seem like great ways to showcase the training. Then after completion of the program launch #3 to show us hackers how much we could improve before committing... I love the visualizations to show that my swing needs this or that in this direction...

Great stuff and I would definitely commit.love watching video breakdowns and working on drills.

I love the ideas! And all I know is I’m real close to needing some help - I’ve gone from a 12 to a 6 in a year but I’m reaching a point where my self taught swing could use some help.
You are a 6 now :oops: Wow, impressive!

I love the #4 idea, as someone who's been in the wilderness of not thinking their swing can improve, such a defeating feeling and getting help and actually getting better is an amazing feeling!

I don't have any ideas, but I like your option #3 a lot and as you said might help the most people. I also like 2 & 3 as they could really showcase what you guys do. I think a THPer discussing and going through the plan with the forum could be really fun.

Speaking of what you guys do I may be in need of some help haha.

They all sound promising.

1- This would be great, but I'm not willing to change things right now. I'd love to do something like this in the "off" season though.

2- This would be great, too, in the "off" season.

I'm not sure I could commit to the reps at the range to change things in the summer. I like to play too much.

3- could definitely be done now. This would be great to see where I'm at.

4- not sure I qualify as I've had some (not much, but some) formal instruction and I think I can get better, but find me on the right day and I might tell you've I've peaked.

You are a 6 now :oops: Wow, impressive!
It won't last long.... Big time U shape in scores. Which is part of the reason for interest here.

Maybe you both take on one protégé with the same handicap and compete to see who can lower there handicap the most in a given amount of time?

Thanks for being interactive, have been reading some of your guys responses and really enjoy hearing the input you have given so far. Changed my chipping alignment based on some comments you made and it seems to be working well so far!

I like 1 thru 3

Any chance you’d have space for a Seniors specific group?

I love ideas 1-3. 4 seems like the Doubter might not really buy in. :D

I like the idea of taking 2-5 posters who are maybe in the same HDCP zone and pitting them against each other to see who can improve the most over a period of time. Maybe @JB can come up with a new club or two for the winner(s).

I think some sort of competition would bring out the most interaction. Maybe 2 teams of 2 THPers compete for a few months. Prize doesn’t have to be anything crazy; we’re just competitive by nature.

I think all the ideas are great, particularly #1.

Since I work from home, and have access to a couple of ranges nearby and the free-time, that would be a fun one to participate in.

You folks provide a great service. The problem with golf is a lot of people want to focus too much on hitting the ball and not the dynamics of body movement in relation to the swing. As I stated in another post, keeping the club outside on the backswing / takeaway is great, but people should understand how the movement in transition to the downswing can totally destroy an otherwise good takeaway. IMO the club follows lower body movements. Otherwise the club simply reacts to upper body movements which is far less predictable.

One more shot of Tequila please!

Last edited:
Maybe you both take on one protégé with the same handicap and compete to see who can lower there handicap the most in a given amount of time?
like the idea of taking 2-5 posters who are maybe in the same HDCP zone and pitting them against each other to see who can improve the most over a period of time. Maybe @JB can come up with a new club or two for the winner(s).
I think some sort of competition would bring out the most interaction. Maybe 2 teams of 2 THPers compete for a few months. Prize doesn’t have to be anything crazy; we’re just competitive by nature.

I like these ideas the best. We are all competitive by nature and would get a lot of interaction (I think) by having some type of competition so people could develop a rooting interest.

Teaching guys golf is like the wife who asks her husband to get directions when lost. "No honey", I think I know where I'm going now!!!

Teaching guys golf is like the wife who asks her husband to get directions when lost. "No honey", I think I know where I'm going now!!!
We can only help those who are willing to learn. Those golfers who think they know better and still manage to hit it short and crooked all day long, but still think they can advise their buddies how to swing a golf club, need not apply, pay attention, or comment on what we're doing. 😂

We can only help those who are willing to learn. Those golfers who think they know better and still manage to hit it short and crooked all day long, but still think they can advise their buddies how to swing a golf club, need not apply, pay attention, or comment on what we're doing. 😂
Now that was an OTT comment!

Any chance you’d have space for a Seniors specific group?
Yes, we have ways to make sure that Seniors get the most out of their games. Most of the time, they don't think they can do something that they can easily do because they've learned the wrong way their whole lives. We get a lot of 💡

Vote Now, or add ideas in the threads. We need 500 votes to do this, tell your friends.

One suggestion - there may be people interested in learning but unable to or unaware of how to record a video for review. Some step by step instructions to get involved and active could help....

Also, for those with a coach or are taking lessons, how do they reconcile your suggestions with their existing lessons?

One suggestion - there may be people interested in learning but unable to or unaware of how to record a video for review. Some step by step instructions to get involved and active could help....

Also, for those with a coach or are taking lessons, how do they reconcile your suggestions with their existing lessons?
We have a post on our site of how to set up your cameras for filming. Check it out; you'll have to create a login.

If they already have a coach and don't want to fire them then they probably shouldn't be mixing views or messages. So this would be for someone who is interested in switching from a live coach to a virtual coach. There are a ton of benefits to virtual coaching, pricing, Zoom type access, video lesson libraries, etc.

Man these are all great, thanks ahead of time for whatever wins the vote. I will definitely be following along.

Back