• I buy whatever is on sale

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • I like to tinker so I try different things all the time

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • A forum told me to only buy Titleist so I stick with that

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
Craig,
They use them at Westchase as well, and they claim the same thing as Harry is saying. But the damn things float. So obviously something is different other than just dimples.

Craig,
They use them at Westchase as well, and they claim the same thing as Harry is saying. But the damn things float. So obviously something is different other than just dimples.

From what I have read the floating part is achieved by having a low density solid center core, but I believe that would allow the ball to compress a ton at impact, which may be the "limited flight" part...Just guessing here.

It sounds right to me. But to me, these seem to fly straighter. Just my opinion.

During the summer months, I'm exclusive to the Pro V-1X. During the "off" season, I play whatever I find in a pond or plugged in a side hill....

I play Srixon Trispeed exclusively. It's more on performance vs price thing. I still lose enough balls during a round that can't justify too much over $1 a ball. I have found that the Trispeed suits my game right now.

That is why I love the Wilson Staff Zips so much. Solid performance and great price.

I will play just about anything, always trying new ones to see if I can actually tell a difference.

As far as the floating ball deal, played an indoor mini golf range the other day with my wife, daugter & son-in law. they used the standard red, purple, etc balls at the course. I brought my own ProV1 & putter since I use mini golf as practice.

Anyhoo I discovered that when i hit a water hazard on the course & there are several, the ProV1 obviously sank, while all of the colored balls floated. They looked like real golf balls, felt like real ones, etc.

Im constantly tinkering with my game and my equipment, so I dont play the same ball all the time.
For me, what golfball I choose really has a lot to do with performance and feel.
If I try a golfball and I like it, then it will have earned a place in my bag. Im open to trying just about any golfball, although I admit that I favor Bridgestone/Precept because Ive had good experiences with them in the past.
Im personally not a fan of TM/Maxfli. Ive found a couple Noodles on the course in the past, tried them and just wasnt impressed with them and Im not at all a TM fan.
Last year I found a Callaway Big Bertha golfball on the course, tried it and it worked really well. I found it to be kinda clicky, but it performed really well for me. Its definetly got me thinking about giving more Callaway golfballs a shot.
I tend to battle a slice, so I like golfballs that are designed to reduce sidespin, hence Im a fan of the Bridgestone E6+ and Precept Distance iQ 180.

I generally play same ball for consistency reasons. Every once in a while, I'll try something different, but that's only if I can buy just a sleeve (in case I don't like it) or find it on the course.

Ive been using the Precept Laddie Extremes and Wilson 50/50's recently because of the price and the way they feel. But I wasnt happy with the spin. So lately Ive been using ProV1's which is a great ball of course, but I think Im going to try the Bridgestone RX's next....

Nike Vapor right now. Still will play the Wilson Staff Zips though. Mainly due to price point.

I play Nike PD soft $14.99 and great feel for me atleast. I did just get a dozen Nike One tour D balls with my new iron so ill try them out but I cant afford $40 a dozen just way out of my price range for balls

I usually play something that says Top Flight on it. Lately it has been the XL Pure Distance. I have however picked up a dozen of the new Warbirds because I liked the older version. We'll see how these work out.

I have a wide array of balls at home... provs/x's/b330/s etc etc etc

I'll pick up a dozen or two like 3-4 times throughout the year if I have a big tournament coming through. I don't lose many balls at the courses I know so I ride them pretty hard until they are just not playable anymore

I can honestly say... check out the Top Flight Gamer, I was surprised. It's not a bad ball at all!

I have a wide array of balls at home... provs/x's/b330/s etc etc etc

I'll pick up a dozen or two like 3-4 times throughout the year if I have a big tournament coming through. I don't lose many balls at the courses I know so I ride them pretty hard until they are just not playable anymore

I can honestly say... check out the Top Flight Gamer, I was surprised. It's not a bad ball at all!

i almost bought a box of those yesterday. id love to see the specs on the Gamers compared to the ProV's and Bridgestones. everybody seems to love them (Gamers)

i almost bought a box of those yesterday. id love to see the specs on the Gamers compared to the ProV's and Bridgestones. everybody seems to love them (Gamers)

a friend gave me on... I look at and was like what is this! put it down and was soooo surprised by the spin I actually got

20 bucks for 15... kind of hard to beat

so they do spin pretty good? and they feel good too? i might go pick up some now

so they do spin pretty good? and they feel good too? i might go pick up some now

yeah... they are softer than a Prov1 in my opinion. For that reason, they almost compress a little to much for me! I would'nt play this ball on a 7000 yard course.

yeah... they are softer than a Prov1 in my opinion. For that reason, they almost compress a little to much for me! I would'nt play this ball on a 7000 yard course.

thats sounds perfect, cuz my regular course is only 6100 yards

thats sounds perfect, cuz my regular course is only 6100 yards

same... the membership I just paid for gets me two Donald Ross courses... one is short and tight at around 6000 and the other is wide open at 6600

hey, off topic here, but if you ever get a chance while you're down here, you just HAVE to take a trip over to World Woods to play a round or two. its just unbelievable. its about 45 minutes north of Tampa.

I was Thinking of going with Maxfli Noodles this year I am going to try a low compression soft ball they actually feel bigger The "Noodle N's" but I am open to suggestions guys.

hey, off topic here, but if you ever get a chance while you're down here, you just HAVE to take a trip over to World Woods to play a round or two. its just unbelievable. its about 45 minutes north of Tampa.

some day... for now, I'll just be playing where ever JB takes me

I am laughing my a$$ off at the last option.

I was Thinking of going with Maxfli Noodles this year I am going to try a low compression soft ball they actually feel bigger The "Noodle N's" but I am open to suggestions guys.

With the higher handicap players my advice is to usually find a ball and stick with it. The higher handicaps tend to buy the cheap ball on the market, which is perfectly fine, just buy the same cheap ball once you find one you like so you know how the ball reacts, especially when it comes to putting. As for low compression balls try the Nike Karma, Wilson 50/50 and the Callaway HX Pearl as well.

Back