How do you store your golf balls?

Trmpt98

2024 Vokey / 2023 GOAT Cup / 2019 Bridgestone
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I was prepping some more golf balls for play this week and was thinking how others store the golf balls. I keep them in the boxes and sleeves when stored at the house but when I re-load the golf bag I pull them out of the boxes and sleeves, mark them up and put them in the front pouch of the bag, for some reason I don't like just stuffing a new box in the side pocket. I also like to have the golf ball pre-marked up so I can just grab and go.

Am I the weird one? (rhetorical question, I already know)

Do you prep your golf balls for play or do you mess with the packaging on the course everytime you need a new ball?

I don’t mark my balls at all. I just leave the boxes on my toolbox and grab them as I need them

I usually take them out of the box before I put them in the bag. I generally mark whatever ball I am going to use on the first tee. The exception to that is if I am playing in a tournament (qualifying event for state or club championship) then I make sure I only have the same ball in the bag and mark them before the round.

In a plastic basket in the trunk of my car, all year round, in nary a box or sleeve.

Marked in my front pocket of the bag. The rest are unmarked in boxes.

They're in the house, and then the sleeves go in the bag, and then one gets pulled from the sleeve to use and the other two dumped into the quick magnetic pocket of the bag.

I have a box of balls in box and sleeve. When I play I don't mark them up, however when I need to mark them up (league etc) I go and mark a full sleeve with my 'pace' on it and then leave one unmarked.

I prefer no marks, but since we need to identify I'll go and do it when I need to - if someone is playing anything close to mine.

I leave them in the boxes in the office, put sleeves in the bag and mark when i pull one out. Rarely carry more than a couple of sleeves in the bag

I just drop the sleeves in the ball pocket. Ill mark it at the course if i need to.

House or garage or bag. Wherever they end up. :LOL:

I got a ton of balls in Wal-mart plastic containers. Various brands. Simply transfer to bag when needed.

Good Golfing

I keep them unmarked on a closet shelf in the office. When I put them in the bag, I will mark them up and remove them from the sleeves.

Keep the boxes in the house and take 1 out to truck to refill bad as needed.
If I am playing a tourney I will pre mark all my balls and put them back in the boxes.

Keep the boxes in the house and take 1 out to truck to refill bad as needed.
If I am playing a tourney I will pre mark all my balls and put them back in the boxes.

I used to put them back in the boxes but I just finally gave up on handling the box so many times. I mainly play with 2 leagues and then twice a month 18 with friends. I have always been marking now due to league. It's amazing how many people will try to claim a ball as their own.

In the woods or ponds.

My wife is an organizational freak, so I have some containers in my man cave area that have the sleeves neatly stored. I pull them as I need them and transfer to the bag. I've also got a dozen cheap balls in the bag on the off chance I lose a full sleeve during the round. 🤣🤣

They are on a shelf, in a closet, with other golf stuff. shoes, clubs, towels, jackets, etc......

I will unbox the balls, put my initials on them as my mark. Then I put balls with different numbers in the sleeves, and back in the box and down to my storage area in the basement. I like to make sure I have balls with different numbers, in case I need a provisional or something.

The ones I actively plan with go in the three ball slots on the golf cart. My extra sleeves are stored in my bag. I don't both to mark my balls as I am the only one playing srixon divides on my course. All the others live in two buckets and act as my practice balls.

When I get new balls I will mark them and put them back in the box. If I need more before a round in my bag I will grab a sleeve and dump it into my ball pocket

Prep the balls with marks on the alignment aid & dots around the number. Plus I leave them in the sleeve. I like to see if I can play the entire round with one ball. Last round I got thru 16 holes until I lost one. I was so disappointed in myself :ROFLMAO:
Also, we've had threads on this before ... "What do you mark your ball with?" So I won't derail this thread. Just to say that last week in league play, some guy happened to be playing the same # ball as I was. We both walked up the fairway, I knew which one was mine, he dropped his bag right next to it, just a passing glance at the ball. I said "hey, I believe that's mine, yours in up there." He says "no it's not, this is mine." I said "think again .... look at the markings .... line on the alignment aid & three dots around the #. Does yours have that? I doubt it. I mark my ball a certain way for this exact reason."
Then he looked closer ... "Oh yeah, you're right." DUH!! :rolleyes:
Point being .... mark your balls one way to differentiate yours from theirs. You never know when that's going to happen. (y)

My inventory (I have way too many golf balls) is stored in a cabinet in my garage, in their original boxes. I'll mark the whole box when I'm taking them out of the garage, empty a couple of sleeves into the ball pocket of my bag, and put the other two sleeves in another pocket that is also used for shag balls. I also usually have a box or two in the trunk of my car, already marked, in case I've forgotten to reload the bag, or if a friend needs some.

I lose too many to be precious about them or to buy brand new. Instead, I have a plastic carrier bag of used grade A Supersofts in my locker. I mark up about 5 pre-round and hope for the best. They sit in the top side pocket of the bag during the round/until they are lost.

Also have about 10 Srixon Distances in the bag with my waterproofs just in case!

Mine stays in the boxes in the house. I keep about a dozen and a half in the bag loose and I will pull 2 the day before or right before the round and mark them the way I like. One in my pocket, and the other gets put in the magnetic pocket.

In the box in the basement until it's time to reload.

Then they get marked up with the dog fart and put into the ball pouch of the bag.

Back