How fancy are you?

Mixed bag for me. Around here (western US), we're more casual about work apparel. "Jeans and jewels" is often the descriptor for when we do dress up. But I go back east for meetings and workshops regularly, and for those I am in full suit and tie mode.

My office garb had to get more formal when I rejoined the corporate world, even though our company is pretty casual. It helps I don't care much for jeans any more so mostly golf pants with button down shirts and polos. When I was working with a guy that owned a golf club it was shorts and golf shirt until the weather no longer permitted. That was ideal.

At work for me it's business casual... polos and slacks and loafers. Except for my Friday's when it's jeans, polos, and sneakers. It's been that way since 2002 at least for me.

Away from work I'm in jeans and a t-shirt. @dutchie made me wear shorts once or twice so there's that too.

On the golf course it's golf shorts and polos.

When the weather's in the low 60's or below I'm in a hoodie.

That's me. I don't have a suit but I do have 2 blazers or whatever they're called. The last time I wore one was for my wife's funeral. I think.

Shorts below the knees?
😆. I spend a lot more time in Travis Mathew and Stitch pants than I do showing off my great legs actually.

And can fancy it up from there too. I'm kind of known for my tight fancy pants. 😜

For work presentation like you are talking about, I am wearing a suit and tie.

I used to wear a tie everyday to work, but Covid changed that. I now wear a polo on most days. Less often I wear a button down.

For a nice dinner, I am wearing a polo and pants.

If I am not in those situations, church, or the golf course, I will be in a t shirt.

😆. I spend a lot more time in Travis Mathew and Stitch pants than I do showing off my great legs actually.

And can fancy it up from there too. I'm kind of known for my tight fancy pants. 😜
OldandStiffandFancy

Too many times in the past I under dressed for the occasion and felt like a heel. Now it would be a nice button down shirt, nice khaki pants (not sure If I spelled that right "so unfancy") and shoes. Basically whatever my wife picks out but I got a handle on it now.

Back