How long away from golf before you get twitchy?

Bryndom

2023 Grandaddy X!!!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 15
Sitting at an airport on the way home from a week of no golf and I’m twitchy. I want a golf club in my hand. A range, sim, or course doesn’t matter. I just need a launching pad for a golf ball. This started day 2. It’s been 1 week….

How long can you go?

Depends on the time of year honestly. I can go weeks as long as I’m busy with football season. Outside of that, after a week my productivity level in all aspects suffers

4-5 days and I get antsy to get out there

Only a few days. Feb-March is a really tough time for me because there’s no snow on the ground but it’s still too cold to play. I’m practically shaking because I want to play so bad

In season three days and everyone wishes I was at the golf course. Sends me there even.

My wife: "You're playing golf tomorrow?"

Me: "Yes, ma'am!"

Her, relieved: "Oh, good."

She knows that it only takes a couple/few days for me to start going golf stir-crazy.

I’m already at 6 weeks and I was twitchy a month ago.

I went for years.For me golf comes and goes.Now if someone said no weight lifting,running,or HITT training..I would be going bananas after 2-3 days

I don’t get to” play “ as much as many of you . That said we can play all year round here. Commitments get in the way of golf.

But the clubs are 8 metres away in my shed … in the golf department lol.

Would be more than few days before wander out and just swing it in the small grass patch in our backyard .

Funnily, there are squared lines on windows and shed l use to keep alignment and check without hitting a ball.

2 days max.

Bout 5 or so days. The antsy gets rough after that

I’m from Upstate New York so I’m used to a 4-5 month long off season. Once the season starts, I typically play at least 9 holes a week with an extra practice session once a week.

If I miss that nine hole round I’ll get ancy.

About a day. I like the practice sessions and playing so I try to do something each day.

A week max. Less if the weather is nice

Sitting at an airport on the way home from a week of no golf and I’m twitchy. I want a golf club in my hand. A range, sim, or course doesn’t matter. I just need a launching pad for a golf ball. This started day 2. It’s been 1 week….

How long can you go?
That’s about where I am also. Winter trips for work suck. No golf for the most part. On vacation in mountains for a week left early this morning and I’m already wanting to continue working on drills.

2 days

A few days and I get antsy. Especially if it's a weekend like this where the weather keeps me from being able to play. Those are almost worse because I find myself just spending money on something else golf related.

During golf season assuming no injuries, I get twitchy adpfter a couple of days. During the offseason (5-6 months) after I take some time to recover, I get twitchy every day so try to swing a club indoors for 5-10 swings a maybe putt a few. I did play some SIM golf this year for the first time and that was okay and helped relieve the anxiety.

Last week I was on my way home from a round outdoors. Suddenly had this need to stop at the sim and video the move I was making the past few holes that was producing a really, really good power fade like I was a kid again. Releasing as hard as I wanted with no fear of a hook. (When you are 64 and hitting the ball 270-280 on the GPS, its something you want to ingrain. I know you young bangers would be pissed only hitting it there. Of course two days later it was gone again. I never go more than two days without hitting ball. Its been that way for 50 years.

I'm fine for a few days, once in a while, but a week of no golf seems too long. Week and a half feels like an eternity.

That said, there are usually a couple times a year I have to go 2-3 weeks without playing and so far it's not actually KILLED me. It just feels like it at the time.

Years ago I lost three months of golf, due to an injury. I think anyone who knows me would attest it was almost like being around someone trying to quit smoking or drinking. Just miserable.

I played Feb 11th in a one man Scramble, A few days later i hurt the Shoulder. I have been cleared to swing 1/2 strength or so and it has been raining since. I am chewing nails.......

Back