How long do you usually go between your rounds of golf?

Seeyabubba

Reaction score
New guy question here. I am trying to figure out where I stand on things. I have been taking lessons, practicing in the yard, and playing the local par 3. Last week I joined the Par 3---they have a driving range, 9 hole par 3 course, practice putting green, putt putt course and a club shop. $49 a month for 12 months and I can go unlimited for anything they have. I already made my first month dues back in 4 days last week.

Anyway, last week I joined on Monday, I played Monday through Thursday utilizing the range for my wedge work and finished each day off with a round of 9 holes. Friday and Saturday I had projects at home I had to take care of. Today I am sitting here thinking how I can't wait to get back out there tomorrow morning.

How long do you usually go after you finish playing or practicing before you start getting antsy to get back at it? Looks like for me after 8 weeks of playing I usually get itchy after 3 days. I think that is the longest I have been in 8 weeks.

Greta deal for $49 a month!

Normally I get antsy as I am walking off 18 haha. Even when I play great, I think about those few shots out there that could have been better and that immediately sparks me wanting to get out again. But normally I go about 1.5 to 2 weeks in between rounds (not necessarily always by choice).

I play every 3 days in good weather and maybe Sat and Sun if I have the time for both. My home is on a golf course so I'm there..

Last edited:
I’m a weekend golfer and I try to play twice per week.

I usually play on Tuesday and Thursday. Occasionally I will play on a Friday. I usually like a day in between.

Sounds like a great deal you’ve found well done for taking full advantage hope you’re enjoying your golf 😃.

I play one round at a weekend, one during the week and have one driving range session.

During the season, I’m anywhere from 3-7 playing days per week. Need to make the most of the short months!

I’d play every day if I could. Last season I think I had a stretch of 35 days in a row. It was awesome!

It's directly related to his much I read the forum.

I play a lot. Too much probably. 4-6 times a week usually. But I can limp out of bed and need a device to open my morning caffeine lid, and an hour later read something on the forum and start twitching and figuring how and when I can make a round work that day.

Sounds like a great deal you have there, so go as much as it's still fun (and healthy) for you!

Sometimes a week and its frustrating. Another reason i need to join a club.

I play Thursdays and weekends. There was a 2 man scramble today that I missed out on signing up for and it's driving me nuts not playing on a beautiful day. I played well yesterday so of course I am eager to get back out there.

I will tell ya'll a secret. Going out there right after they open, hitting a bucket or two of balls with my wedges, sliding through the putting green on my way to the 9 hole, then playing the 9 holes------The dew on the grass, the geese walking around. QUIET!!! No one is there on the 9 but me for the most part, it is the therapy I never knew I needed. I spent 30 years in law enforcement, still have vivid dreams most nights of crap I saw and lived. Wife had stage 3 cancer 8 years ago, although she beat it---her health is horrible and we spend a lot of time with doctors. My 86 year old mother takes a lot of my time also. But every morning I am out there hitting that little white ball......it just makes a lot of that stuff go away for a little while. Don't spend money on a therapist, go hit a golf ball.

Being happily retired, and addicted to hitting golf balls, I try to swing a golf club everyday.

When I can play I usually play 2-3 times a week. (I don't play on weekends)

In between playing days I practice hitting balls, with some purpose in mind..

Now, when I need a break from golf, I'm either at the lake, or out hiking around the area. (mostly hiking these days due low water levels)

So, I will sometimes go 2-3 days with out swinging a club.

I play every Wednesday and once or twice on the weekend.

I have a net and golf simulator set up at the house and try to hit 20 or 30 balls a day while working on my swing.

During the season I try to play twice a week. Once for league and once on the weekend.

How long do you usually go after you finish playing or practicing before you start getting antsy to get back at it?

Anywhere from 12 to 18 hours — long enough to shower, eat, sleep and walk the dog.

I typically like to play twice a week. I would definitely get out more if the schedule allowed.

I'm at a round every other week right now and practice twice a week. I definitely want to get to a minimum of one round a week but a little tough with all the kid activities going on. I have a constant itch to get out more lol, but getting to the range 2-3 times a week to work on things definitely helps.

I'm a weekend golfer who joined a league. Problem is I both don't get to golf each weekend or each week in league. I told my partners that going in, I would let them know in advance and there's always a sub that can step in because there are always no shows. I can't recall how many times I've played this year but between 6 and 8 but mostly 9 holes so far. My FIL can't golf all year so that took out one of my big excuses / reasons to go play when I'm visiting family.

I would like to play more but with the wife working and my extra work going on there just isn't time most days. That might be why I look so forward to it.

I play once every weekend pretty much and try to sneak in a 2nd round where I can. Home putting practice (PuttOut) and SuperSpeed on the weekdays is the plan to stay a little sharper.

In an ideal world I'd like to play 2-3x a week, but my marriage wouldn't sustain that 🤣 I'm trying to continue improving on the 1-2x a week train using those training aids.

I’ll average about once every 3 or 4 days during the good weather months. Maybe once a week if the weather is a bit more brisk. Love to get out there!

Have been pretty limited this year to only the weekend play. Once in awhile I can get to a Tuesday night league.

I try to play at least twice a week, weather has prevented that for about 2 weeks.

I’m trying for 36 holes a week. Usually 9 early in the week, then 9 at league on Thursday and finish with 18 either Sat or Sunday. Some weeks are less depending on family time but some are a bit more.

Back