How long do you wait?

I dont start my pre-swing routine until their carts start moving. So that gives them a good 20-30 seconds to get out of there. I take one last look at the hole before I pull the trigger, so if they're still in sight, i'll back off. I've been hit one too many times myself so I take extra precaution

That. Just. Happened. (tapatalk)

It is possible to make a mistake if players ahead are inexperienced or erratic in the way they do things on the course. I have hit into people that I thought had cleared the green. Also just yesterday I see 2 carts with 4 guys headed for the green out of driver range off the first tee and I line up and hit and as I look to see where the ball is going I see a cart heading straight back towards me in the middle of the fairway. Luckily my ball went over there heads and I don't think they heard or saw it either one, they did not react at all, but that could have been a disaster. I don't know what they were doing, they didn't stop to hit a ball.

Depends. Generally, I follow what most others have posted - I wait until the cart is clear of the green (i.e. out of sight or generally a safe distance from the green). I will deviate from this is the group in front feels the need to clean every club and their balls and input their score and add up their score total all while sitting at the 18th green while I'm clearly in the fairway waiting to hit. If you're doing all of that - beware. I may not be aiming for you but I'm not a great shot so my ball may end up near you and/or your cart.

Till the people in front are gone from site or out of range.

I always wonder what the hurry is in those situations anyway. Plus, I don't want to see people when I hit the ball. It would be distracting imo.

My thoughts exactly Hawk.

Its unfortunate what happened to you, that was horrible judgement by the player who hit into you like that. Balls can do serious damage.

Personally I wait until there is no chance my ball will hit anyone, so typically its 'out of range/out of sight' like Hawk and others said.

Gotta wait till they're onto the next hole and out of sight.

Out of sight or standing next to the flag.. either way I have no chance of hitting them

Until there is no way on God's green Earth I could hit any of them. Seriously - a few months back just after I'd taken up the game I was on a par five on the back nine and the fourball in front of me had been p***ing me off all day by not letting me through. They were on their approaches and I was on the tee about 300 yards back. Bearing in mind I don't think I'd ever hit a drive more than about 230 yards by that point in my (ahem) 'career', and only hit about 3 out of any 10 drives straight anyway I thoguht I was pretty safe teeing off - cue the best drive I've ever hit, arrow straight, coming to a rest about ten feet in front of the bloke bringing up the rear. Whether it was because of the extra aggression after being peeved with them or just blind luck that I hit it that well I was mortified, and have been extra, extra careful ever since then.

I usually wait until they are out of sight. I am tempted to just hit when people sit in their carts and screw around when they know I am waiting to hit.

Then that is just wrong and ignorant.... Glad nobody was injured.

My buds and I just finished on the 15th green yesterday and were in our carts driving off to the next hole when BANG! - ball goes into my cart. I believe it flew in via my left shoulder(driver's side). I think I was lucky... I was doing my score on my phone so I was driving a little slower but if I was going full speed...

So the question is... how long do you wait before you hit into the green?

I always wait until I believe they are at least 15-20 yds away from the green. Im a pretty good shot but I would rather not give it the chance!

If Hawk is on the green I will hit into him while he putts with my Pink Lady ball, for all other golfers I will wait until they are out of the danger zone.

If Hawk is on the green I will hit into him while he putts with my Pink Lady ball, for all other golfers I will wait until they are out of the danger zone.

Ive come to realize Hawk gets picked on alot...lol!

Till I can see the group is safely out of danger.....even from a "flyer".

I hit to the green when they are in the area where it would take one almighty bad shot to hit them, weather it be push, pull or thin.

The lack of courtesy by many people coming off greens is shocking sometimes, especially when courses are busy.

I make sure there is no way I'm going to hit someone...if they dick around near the green, we yell to get their attention, but never fire into them.

I'm a big western fan, so I think they're out of range when you can't see the whites of their eye's. :confused2:

I will wait until the group ahead is well on their way to the next tee or of I can no longer see them.

I wait until I see their cart move away from the green. We don't have too many walkers on the courses I frequent.

I wait until the group ahead is clear of the green enough so that even if I hit my shot way off line it wont hit them. No sense in trying to tell the group ahead to hurry up by hitting into them.

Back