How often are you practicing?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
How often do you go to the range?

I try and go twice a week but I am also playing twice a week now, so it gets a little behind, especially short game work.

I try to chip and putt everyday. Driving range twice a week if I am lucky. Playing wise it varies from once to twice a week.

Every day! Rain, shine. Cold or hot! Always something I can work on.

As Gordon Lightfoot once said in a song "if you want to do it the best, you just gotta do it the most". That's not totally true, but it helps in this game.

ironinsand

Right now the weather isn't cooperating, so I'm only making it to the range sporadically. During the season it's the range 2x's a week, play 2x's a week and usually chipping/pitching everyday in the backyard. I don't know that the yard work really helps other than having a club in my hands.
I really need to work on putting this year, I'm horrible.

16 degrees here today. No heated ranges, and the club is closed in January. Does putting on the carpet count?

lately its been so cold and wet i have practiced twice a week, that includes playing. when it gets warm though i dont miss a day. last year i went 3 and a half months without missing a day of golf. rain or shine

I try to go at least once a week, I really want to make it 3 times, but by the time I am home from work it's dark and the club is closed. I am hoping to play every Sunday and do the women's clinic every Saturday that I am not working.

I would be open to any advice on how to practice at home at night.

I usually dont go to the range. There is a park across the street from my house and I will hit foam golfballs there for full shots and I will also use that to practice pitching.
For putting, I practice on my living room floor.

Not enough. My own fault though. There is plenty of practice facilities near me, I just don't want to go out in the cold, rainy PNW weather right now.

How often do you go to the range?

I try and go twice a week but I am also playing twice a week now, so it gets a little behind, especially short game work.

Wow! I hardly ever practice and almost never play.

I am gonna start getting my game back into shape. I plan on playing in some major amateur tournaments hopefully next year so I am gonna start getting to the range once a week and playing more often, hopefully once a week as well.

In his voice, he does not pronounce the "C"

I'm tight on money...

I get out around every other week, range or course.

Haven't touched a club since the 2nd week of Dec. I'll have to start all over again in a month or so.:angry:

I try and get to the range at least twice a week, but it seems like with winter hours everywhere its only once a week.

During the summer everyday, practicing for a while, and then playing usually. Right now, with 3-4 feet of snow on the ground I get to the indoor range about every other day.

I practice my golf game 5-6 days per week. If the weather is rainy or too cold, I will practice indoors.

During winter? Rarely. Hopefully we'll at least hit a bucket since it's supposed to get into the 60s on Saturday. We've only played one round and gone to the range once since November.

I try to get out to the range once a week, usually though I'm in a hurry, so I either don't go, or get cut short.

Well haven't been able to pick up a club since mid Oct, In Ny State It is awful hard in winter I am going to start putting in my house hopefully In the next couple of weeks I can get my neighbor to drive me uo to the sports complex so I can at least hit because if not it is going to be a long start to the season, last season I didn't start to get in the groove till the beg of june and I started in April, kind of hard when you can only get out 2x a week from May to October every year most people think I'm crazy "Chasing a Little White Ball around" 7 mos out of the year, LOL they just don't get huh guys :act-up:

I was still playing into the 2nd week of November, since then it's been just the heated range once every 2-3 weeks. Bit of a pain since it's 40 minutes away & I hate dealing with the traffic.

I've been going to the range 2 - 3 days a week. It's been too cold to play a round. I try to practice putting indoors at least every other day, and do my "golf" stretches (which tend to take about a half hour) every night other than Friday.

Right now I'm getting out to the range once a week. Or virtual golf.

My swing looks really good right now and I'm feeling really confident and impressed I'm hitting the ball the way I am.

Back