Votes: 22 8.4%
  • 56-60

Votes: 25 9.5%
  • 61-65

Votes: 28 10.6%
  • 66 or older

Votes: 42 16.0%

• Total voters

Old enough to know better, young enough to do it again.

I’ll have to say that I am surprised by the large percentage of 66 or older voters. I will be 68 later this month... and my “perception” has been that this was a site dominated by younger players... (maybe in the 25 to 40 range). And... it still may be - as only a small group of THPers have responded. Would’ve thought that “older guys” would be less responsive on social media. Hey... a little spunk in the old geesers, huh.

Why? This is a question that confronts us directly! We may be facing our end! This is not small stuff!

Will be 63 next month. I am very active in kayak fishing, paddleboard fishing, riding atv's and golfing. I walk the course and my son always tells me to slow down!! Dont smoke or drink and try to stay in shape with stretching and yoga and weightlifting every day before work. I have 3 grandkids and my grandson is 3 and just got his first set of clubs. My dream is to one day have 3 generations of golfers standing on the first tee at my sons country club. That will be the best moment of my life!:)

According to my wife I'm 15 on the maturity age, with most of 36 years completed now otherwise

It's what's on the inside that counts.

So I'm 82.

Older than I look, younger than I feel :LOL:

Hahaha. I loved that speech! Gosh that’s gotta be 12-15 years old now. That was pre mullet, 😂.

I can’t even remember his name but Iowa State had just won a big game, and the “So Proud” speech he gave is my other favorite. Same era.

I’m 43. Sigh. I don’t have a magnificent beard. 🤣

Be well Cap’n!

Older than I look, younger than I feel :LOL:

If I’m clean shaved with short hair I’ll often get asked for ID for age restricted items. I’ve lost 100# or so I can look an old 43 or a very young 43 depending on the effort (If I haven’t shaved in a few days? They can obviously see that 50% of my whiskers have given up the fight and went to the white side).

I recall my mom being ID’d when I was old enough to drink. In fact I got accused of cheating on my now ex because I had lunch with mom and ran into one of her friends, 😂.

1644583278694.png

55, halfway to 56. Some days, I feel much older than that.

Old enough to know better but to old to care.

I remember when I was in my upper 50's, and someone told me that I looked like I was in my mid-40's! Wow! I told them that they were too kind! That doesn't really happen anymore!

75 years here

c54da4a00e7faa8562a13b2a3829fc46.gif

I'm 53. It is interesting that this forum skews older. I would have thought an internet forum might skew toward younger, more tech savvy people. On the other hand, golf definitely still has an older demographic and that's one of the things that keeps the PGA/USGA/R&A up at night.

So far:
Gen Z = 12
Millennials = 52
Gen X = 67
Boomers+ = 80

"Baby Boomers: Born 1946-1964 (57-75 years old) Generation X: Born 1965-1980 (41-56 years old) Millennials: Born 1981-1996 (25-40 years old) Generation Z: Born 1997-2012 (9-24 years old)"

I'm 53. It is interesting that this forum skews older. I would have thought an internet forum might skew toward younger, more tech savvy people. On the other hand, golf definitely still has an older demographic and that's one of the things that keeps the PGA/USGA/R&A up at night.

So far:
Gen Z = 12
Millennials = 52
Gen X = 67
Boomers+ = 80

"Baby Boomers: Born 1946-1964 (57-75 years old) Generation X: Born 1965-1980 (41-56 years old) Millennials: Born 1981-1996 (25-40 years old) Generation Z: Born 1997-2012 (9-24 years old)"
Appreciate the breakdown. I was thinking the same thing. I’d assume more young folks using the internet/forum but golf is still a sport dominated by an older age group.

29 here!

So far:
Gen Z = 12
Millennials = 52
Gen X = 67
Boomers+ = 80

Well, it doesn't take a whole lot of computer savvy to navigate a webforum! Many years ago, I worked for a beer and wine distributor who was not computerized, and I realized that we needed to be! I talked to the boss/owner and he tasked me with the job! Once I put feelers out, I was invited everywhere.

Well, it doesn't take a whole lot of computer savvy to navigate a webforum! Many years ago, I worked for a beer and wine distributor who was not computerized, and I realized that we needed to be! I talked to the boss/owner and he tasked me with the job! Once I put feelers out, I was invited everywhere. Including the IBM building downtown, where they invited to spend 75 to 80K on a computer system that I never saw work! They showed me a grade school level slide show, with squares, and spheres, and pyramids all connected by arrows told the story!

I was NOT impressed! Besides, if I had committed that much of the company's capital, (we were a small outfit), I would have been fired immediately! Eventually, I found a small outfit called Intelligent Computer Solutions. I don't think they exist any more. They got us computerized for under 8 Grand! I learned a lot in that time, but NOT ho to be a computer programmer!

Last edited:
Any other folks want to fill out the poll?

51 today. :confused:

Back