I realized I was addicted to golf when....

jpcaine

Reaction score
Handicap
The purpose of this thread is to share a experience that led you to believe that you truly had an addiction for golf....for example
-I realized I was addicted when I began to make air swings in the most inappropriate places, ie...1. In line at a funeral waiting to view a body 2. While giving a presentation during work 3. At the hospital waiting on the report from the doctor on how my fathers surgery went.
-these are just a few examples. What are yours?

When I left my previous employer to start a golf website.

I became addicted the first. Day When I had surgery and had stitches in my back , I immediately tried my golf swing. When that didn't work I went to 50% swing until no pain.

The purpose of this thread is to share a experience that led you to believe that you truly had an addiction for golf....for example
-I realized I was addicted when I began to make air swings in the most inappropriate places, ie...1. In line at a funeral waiting to view a body 2. While giving a presentation during work 3. At the hospital waiting on the report from the doctor on how my fathers surgery went.
-these are just a few examples. What are yours?

Depends on whether he was in your weekend foursome or not :D

When I woke up late for a tee time and was rushing so fast that I started driving out of my garage without opening the door... Boy, that was a costly mistake. Didn't hurt my truck tho or my golf clubs...

Another time was when I told my ex that I wanted to buy an electric blanket to wrap my golf clubs in so they stay warm in the garage during the winter... That didn't go over well... LOL

When I woke up late for a tee time and was rushing so fast that I started driving out of my garage without opening the door... Boy, that was a costly mistake. Didn't hurt my truck tho or my golf clubs...

Another time was when I told my ex that I wanted to buy an electric blanket to wrap my golf clubs in so they stay warm in the garage during the winter... That didn't go over well... LOL

Man that is some funny stuff dude :D:laughing::rofl:! I can just see your next door neighbor taking a casual stroll out to pick up the morning paper and them boom! Here comes yourself busting down the garage door heading to the course LOL.....

When I make all my weekend plans around my golf schedule. When running errands I will even go to a store way out of the way just so I can stop by the range to hit a bucket of balls

When my girlfriend who i was living with at the time was upset that i was golfing to much and not spending enough time with her, decided to steal my putter so i couldn't go play one day. i packed up all my stuff and moved out! she didn't know that was just my practice putter for the house! i went out and actually shot a nice round if i remember correctly! Now that i think about it i never got that putter back... i might be making a phone call soon.

When I quit drinking on the golf course

When I rear ended someone on the way to the golf course and the first person I called was the proshop to tell them I might be a bit late but will still be there

Tap tap taparoo

When I started dreaming on a regular basis about playing...

When my girlfriend who i was living with at the time was upset that i was golfing to much and not spending enough time with her, decided to steal my putter so i couldn't go play one day. i packed up all my stuff and moved out! she didn't know that was just my practice putter for the house! i went out and actually shot a nice round if i remember correctly! Now that i think about it i never got that putter back... i might be making a phone call soon.

Lol! Now that's funny!

When the people at work started telling me I was turning into my husband (playing all the time, buying new equipment, etc). Oh no! :bulgy-eyes:

When i started missing meals so I could play.

When I quit drinking on the golf course

+1 I scaled way back on beer and golf. I want to play to the best of my ability now, i'm addicted.

Also, when i joined a golf forum i knew i was addicted.

I was addicted when:
1. I made my first birdie on a par 3 when I was 11.

2. I almost skipped a lifelong friends' graduation party this year to play in a USGA junior open Qualifier. Only reason I didn't is she wouldn't have spoken to me again:D

3. When the most texted phrase by me to my friends during the winter is "I am putting and chipping on my carpet. I suck at it too."

4. A friend (same as above) calls me a "Golf Nerd"

The first round back after not playing golf for five years after a college career. Worst round ever, 94, but feel in love with the game.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

When I shot a 120...and still wanted to play again...:curl-lip:

Come on guys that is not healthy! You need to drink plenty of water on the golf course to stay hydrated :thumb:

I do. I add just a splash of water to almost every glass of scotch I drink.

When I'm done a round and still want to play

I tapatalk better then I golfatalk

....the first time I paid retail for a brand new club (as in, it wasn't 2 years old before buying from Rockbottom, or somewhere like that)
....my first round back after a nearly ten year layoff. I haven't stopped since.
....my wife said she doesn't care if I play because if I'm not home, I'm not bothering her.

Back