If a store or fitter didn't offer/deal in a couple of the top brands like Callaway and Cobra

Trust?

• Yes

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • No

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Hell No

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Doesn't matter

Votes: 18 41.9%

• Total voters
How can we help with that?

As you can see I play a mixed bag. It's not that I'm not open to other brands. I just want something that I feel comfortable swinging. I don't like a lot of offset, but also don't mind the thicker top line, but the thicker topline does not give me confidence. It needs to feel right.

There's only one place locally where I can get an outdoor fitting on grass using Trackman. That's Chamber's Bay. They only sell TaylorMade.

I mean if you don't ever want to explore beyond your brand or gain experience with others, yeah.

I'm not sure it's that people don't want to explore or gain experience. I think each year there is a club or two from different manufacturers that get most of the buzz going. It was definitely Callaway Drivers last year, seems to be Cobra Darkspeed this year, but each year there is a club that there is buzz surrounding it. If that year I'm going to go get fit, then I'd like to be able to have the club with all the buzz surrounding it as an option to try. Could something else beat it out, sure, but if it never got a run would there be doubt, probably.

Would I trust the fitter? Sure
Would I feel that I received the most comprehensive fitting I could have? Probably not, but if I wanted all of the options then it would be on me to go somewhere that had them all. I might be playing devil's advocate, but sometimes too many choices complicates the process,

So the general response seems to be that it's fine as long as it isn't one of the brand I like or want.
That’s a fair assumption. That would be my line of thought as to this.

I've been spoiled by Carls on the other side if town. They have EVERYTHING I'd ever want to hit. If they ever moved into the east side, I might find myself in divorce court.

There could be a multitude of reasons why a fitter/shop might not have certain brands, but it wouldn't bother me at all

If I wanted to hit a specific club that they don't have, I would find somewhere that does have them

Thinking about this further I'm more concerned with a wide variety of shafts than I am with heads. I want to be able to test more shafts than what is on whatever OEM's fit cart since a lot of them are fairly anemic, especially with graphite which is the only thing I'll play.
Interesting, my experience is head is more influential for me in irons and wedges whilst shaft more important in Driver and Woods... I can't hit a hybrid

So for an iron fitting I would want the largest possible selection of OEMs. For Woods, not so much but want the shaft selection.

A

A

Sent from my moto g 5G plus using Tapatalk

Back