If you were magically gifted perfection for one club in your bag which would you choose?

Definitely the putter, still some variables with the ball going exactly where you aimed, but would virtually eliminate the killer three putt, and make one putting much more frequent.

I want to say driver, but putter makes more sense.

Driver, in play every time with no more distance would be enough for me 🔥

I would go driver. If statement was genie gave me perfect aiming ability then that would change my thinking. Putter usually goes where I’m aiming it. However that is not anywhere near perfect aim.

That’s easy. Putter. It is over 40% of my strokes for every round.

Putter, putter, putter!

with is solely direction......and the current state of my Driver swing....I'm taking driver and grind on my putting.

Driver for sure if we are only talking about direction. Always off the Tee for me

Putter of course (y)

Driver no question. Would take a lot of stress off the game knowing I am always in play off the tee

Putter #1, 7 iron #2

I'm taking driver easily. I definitely lose more strokes off the tee than I do with putting.

Technically, if you had one club that went exactly where you aimed it, and you always aimed at the hole, you would score a hole in one in every hole 🙂 In this scenario I'd choose a chipper for the lulz.

But to the actual spirit of your question I think I'd choose putter

Gotta go with putter. Easily where I'm losing the most strokes.

The genie gifts you absolute perfection when you use one of your clubs. That means the ball goes exactly where you aimed. Which club do you choose?

I think I'd choose the driver.
The OP's proposition doesn't take into account a bad read or too much/little speed. It doesn't mean an auto one putt. That said, it would probably still take off a minimum of a half-dozen strokes off my score. How many strokes could I cut if every driver I hit (assuming my current distance) was in the fairway in the prime spot to have a go at the green? Several strokes, easy, maybe more. Being perfect with a wedge around the green, let's say with 54, I'm avoiding anywhere from 4 to 6 double chips a round. Maybe I hole out a few.

I'm going with a 54 because it'll help with shots between 105 down to greenside, as well.

Driver for sure. I am pretty confident the rest of my clubs are going to go straightish. Distance is another story. Driver on the other hand can be anything from a duck hook to a push fade. If I could gurantee straight and somewhere between my 200-230 I would be golden. I think if I could do that I would strart breaking 90 at least half my rounds. Summer will be devoted to figuring out the driver.

Whichever wedge I decide to use most around the green!

That’s my answer. For me it would be my gap wedge. Putter would be good for many, but I never seem to aim that one to the right place anyway, so I’m not sure I’d benefit.

I want to say putter, but I can live with the issues there, if my driving was perfect. I think I lose more strokes because of bad drives than I do because of bad putts. Unless we're talking a magical one putt every time!

Probably putter with driver a close second. If driver includes hitting it 320 where I aimed it might top putter.

Drive for show and putt for dough…..I’ll take perfect putting.

Driver and it’s not even close

Putter... easy choice. Maybe not exciting...
I was going to say putter, too, but it doesn't guarantee I would make everything I looked at. It says the ball would always go where I aim. Aiming is probably the issue that keeps me from sinking more putts as it is! :cry:

Back