If Your Course Had Night Golf

Pansy ;)

haha that’s why they make no gnat or skin so soft

I just don't like the feeling of being right about to putt and then you're like yep, totally being bit right now, nothin I can do about it.

there are a few lighted driving ranges here. AZ would be the perfect place for night golf. I've often wondered why there isn't at least one course. I ride my mountain bike at night. Once the sun sets, even on a 105+ day its so nice to be outside. The dry air and no sun beating on you....perfect. Maybe with the snowbirds having flown the coop they think the demand for golf has been reduced?

I was watching some night golf on YouTube earlier and it made me think about how much different my world would be if the course I belonged to had lights surrounding it.

There's no question in my mind, my lifestyle would change. I'd have an 10 or 11pm tee time and would likely play until 2 or 3 in the morning. One thing that is absolutely amazing about night time at least here in Ohio, is that the wind often times dies down big time. Low/no wind, not worrying about sun exposure, and not being away from my family when they are awake? All wins for me.

So yeah, if you had access to a course that was open way late with lights, would it change your golfing world?

I'd try it once, for sure, but not sure I'd fair well with poor vision. I guess, it might actually help playing a yellow ball at night.

I just don't like the feeling of being right about to putt and then you're like yep, totally being bit right now, nothin I can do about it.

I understand that. More of just a joke.

I honestly don’t notice a huge difference between the skeeters at night vs the day here though haha. not until the next morning that is

I understand that. More of just a joke.

I honestly don’t notice a huge difference between the skeeters at night vs the day here though haha. not until the next morning that is

Oh man really? I rarely notice them during the day unless I go into a swampy like area. Night time though? They're the woooorst

Would probably do it a couple of times a year but would not change my playing habits. Still would much rather be in the sun and heat and have all the time in the world to play (when the course is open...) being retired.

I'd be all over this! Grant it I would have to change my sleep schedule cause I'm normally exhausted at night. ;)

Incidentally, a golf course near me when it was first proposed, it was supposed to have lights but the county shot it down. It is a course that was designed originally for the employees of AOL back in it's heyday.

There’s a solstice tournament held every year in Iceland I believe that I’ve wanted to go and get in on.
Yes! And it looks beautiful too!

Only golf I've played under the lights was a par 3 course, but I loved it. I can only think of one full course that could pull that off around here, and that would just be nine holes, but if they did I'd probably be there 2-3 times a week in the summer. My wife would hate it though. Also I'd have to find ubers big enough to carry my golf bag. :drinks:

Yes to all.

i think the course would be in some bad shape for the early am rounds.

also maybe less crowded in the morning as well

It would be interesting for sure. There is a par 3 course that is open until midnight 10 minutes from my house. I have never gone out there at night to play, but that has to do more with the fact by the time I get home and the boys are down to sleep, I am not too far off from going to bed myself. As they get older, I am sure we will be out there.
Knight's Play? Boy, do I regret not going there more often when I was in school.

Knight's Play? Boy, do I regret not going there more often when I was in school.

Yep. I have gone there and hit range balls after work. It's right by my office. I've played it a few times and it's fun, but when I have the opportunity to play I would rather play a regular course.

It wouldnt change mine because I work days now and get up early now. A few years ago, when I was working nights, Id have been all over the though.
Theres a par 3 course in Madison, WI (Vitense Golfland) that has a night golf setup like that and I used to play it all the time and it was fun. The only issue came in that if you missed the green and hit your ball in the rough, good luck finding your ball. I would usually play a glow golf ball for that very reason.

I don't think it would change my golfing world, but I would definitely play some night golf.
I played a few rounds in the lights down in Myrtle Beach a few years ago and it was a lot of fun.

I was watching some night golf on YouTube earlier and it made me think about how much different my world would be if the course I belonged to had lights surrounding it.

There's no question in my mind, my lifestyle would change. I'd have an 10 or 11pm tee time and would likely play until 2 or 3 in the morning. One thing that is absolutely amazing about night time at least here in Ohio, is that the wind often times dies down big time. Low/no wind, not worrying about sun exposure, and not being away from my family when they are awake? All wins for me.

So yeah, if you had access to a course that was open way late with lights, would it change your golfing world?
You summed up everything I would have said myself. Night golf after everyone is in for the day and I'm not taking away from any family time? sign me up every damn day. Biggest kicker like you said, is for some reason Ohio doesn't like wind at night.

That would be awesome to have night golf Here in AZ. I would be there as much as possible. I would not be giving up the day golf it would add to it.
Oh man I'm surprised more places there don't have it. I'd have to think golf after the sun goes down would be a game changer out there.

Oh man I'm surprised more places there don't have it. I'd have to think golf after the sun goes down would be a game changer out there.

agreed it would be awesome!

Lights yes; that would be a lot of fun. Night golf in AZ or TX though? I can't believe some courses have those tournaments where all you can see is your ball and the flag stick.

If they were to turn on the lights all of a sudden and see all the Rattlesnakes that come out at night, I bet they'd think twice.

Sounds like fun, but around here there may be a mosquito or 2. Would have to do it early spring or fall.
They are allowed to sell booze here till 3am, that would be late enough for me, lol.
Think it would be awesome.

Do we think the bugs would be better or worse at night? Down in south Texas you wouldn't be able to get a Night tee time from June until October. :ROFLMAO:

That would be a definite no, I have enough trouble when it's daylight out. :laughing:

Imagine that the early golfers would be treated to a lot of golf balls that were lost in the rough. Possibly a lot of trash on the course as well!

If I enjoyed it, it definitely would change my golfing world. The sun exposure decrease could be great.

I would play a lot more since i don't get out of work till 6, makes it hard to get a round in when you have to golf at dusk. So a lighted course would be amazing!

Lights yes; that would be a lot of fun. Night golf in AZ or TX though? I can't believe some courses have those tournaments where all you can see is your ball and the flag stick.

If they were to turn on the lights all of a sudden and see all the Rattlesnakes that come out at night, I bet they'd think twice.
There would definitely be some flashlight action involved if I was playing glow ball in the dark. I see rattlers on the courses during the day, at least then I know to give them a wide berth!

Back