If Your Course Had Night Golf

Lights yes; that would be a lot of fun. Night golf in AZ or TX though? I can't believe some courses have those tournaments where all you can see is your ball and the flag stick.

If they were to turn on the lights all of a sudden and see all the Rattlesnakes that come out at night, I bet they'd think twice.
haha yeah, that's going to be a hard no from me as well!

Lights yes; that would be a lot of fun. Night golf in AZ or TX though? I can't believe some courses have those tournaments where all you can see is your ball and the flag stick.

If they were to turn on the lights all of a sudden and see all the Rattlesnakes that come out at night, I bet they'd think twice.
Oh heck no...

I would definitely be all over this on the hot summer days or days were just couldn't make it out for one reason or another.

utilities would be a tough one, although I am sure there are some solid solar options out there to help the cost of lights.

payroll could be entirely managed. One or two guys running carts, one guy in the shop, one person at the snack bar. Skeleton crew in the evenings. It's not like the course needs maintenance.
I may know a person or 2 who works for an electric utility ;). Should be able to get some good time of use rates set up since the demand goes down the later into the night you get.

I think this would work best on a par 3 course. Easier to light, smaller initial capital investment, and a quicker round of golf. Would seem to make more sense.

Back in the 80s and 90s when I was a lot younger and almost as golf crazy as I am now I played night golf quite a bit. It was fun too. Today, I don't know. Maybe I'd try it once in a while, but generally, no.

For me it is like night skiing, maybe fun once or in a benefit tournament type situation, but otherwise I like to go to bed early and see where my ball is going.

I used to live a few miles from a 9 hole lit course. Texas summer nights making laps on that thing made for great memories. Wife in the cart, Thursday skins games, and a bunch of good buddies. It was really fun.

I may know a person or 2 who works for an electric utility ;). Should be able to get some good time of use rates set up since the demand goes down the later into the night you get.

I think this would work best on a par 3 course. Easier to light, smaller initial capital investment, and a quicker round of golf. Would seem to make more sense.
I'm in. Sign me up.

I'd think the capital investment alone to adequately light a championship length course would make it pretty cost prohibitive. Definitely more manageable on a par 3 course.

Back