In Home Minor (I think) electrical work....

I’d have done that already, but it’s unlikely that the LED has anything to do with this. You connected white to white, and black to black.
50-50. The whites are all on one harness and the blacks are all on the other. But the wires leading out of the harness are both clear. So i can’t be sure i did.

Old style bulbs that didn’t matter or so it seems. But with the new LEDs y’all are telling me it does. In fact they were labeled but i cut the excess wire off not thinking it mattered. Now, and forever more I’ll pay attention to those things. Honestly, in so the lighting installs I’ve done clear wires were never labeled. Heck i did 3conventional in this house plus 3 fans and actually 2 other LEDs that all work correctly.

63219"]
So might a test with a conventional bulb in one socket tell me if this is the issue?
Just test from each line to the ground in the box. I assume you have a VOM or something if you are doing electrical work.

I know it’s not what your body wants, but I’d take the whole thing down and test on the floor or a table and then re-hang. The only way you’ll probably get away with leaving it up is if you crossed up the connection from the house to the terminal blocks. I doubt you did that.

Sometimes we see some goofy things when the neutral gets wonky too. But everything you’ve said makes me believe it’s in the terminal blocks - or the connection from the house wiring to the terminal block.

Pics are the only way, & if I'm being honest did the one you pulled work before?

Oh what a stupid I am. One of the wire nuts and associated wire were not connected. Must have come undone during reassembly.

All good now. One light bulb sparked and tripped the breaker I made an adjustment to that arm and all is good. Very strange why that happened Ana why it's not repeated itself.

Oh what a stupid I am. One of the wire nuts and associated wire were not connected. Must have come undone during reassembly.

All good now. One light bulb sparked and tripped the breaker I made an adjustment to that arm and all is good. Very strange why that happened Ana why it's not repeated itself.
Probably means you have a break in the insulation somewhere. It won't happen again unless it's moved and the bare spot touches the metal again.

Back