Innodesign INNO-F1 Golf Cart

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
For those that saw our PGA Show thread as well as listened to WGP yesterday, you heard mention of this unique single rider cart. Here is some more information from their press release.

A new single rider golf cart, called INNO-F1, will be debuting at the 2023 PGA Show in Orlando Florida (Booth 3525). INNODESIGN has, with great intention and purposeful design, created this cart from the ground up to serve players who may prefer to ride by themselves, if not to gradually replace traditional golf carts in golf courses around the world. This new single rider cart not only benefits the player, but also the course owner.

Two-seater golf carts are the popular standard for golf courses around the world and have not changed since the first golf cart was introduced about 70 years ago. Designer, founder and CEO of INNODESIGN, Young Kim, asked "Why aren't there any golf carts for one?" Then he and his team of designers began to sketch a single rider golf cart about three years ago.

Heads will turn at this sleek and stylish golf cart of the future. It is designed with players safety as the top priority, but also features highlights such as front and back storage, removable windshield/canopy for a topless option, windshield wipers, headlights and break lights.

The stable, smooth ride enhances a player's game by speeding up the pace of play, allowing for improved focus on only their game and removing wasted time resulting in less frustration. For club owners, this efficient, lightweight model will generate more revenue by allowing for faster pace of play as players only retrieve their own ball. Additionally, reduced maintenance costs are seen as the INNO-F1 is nearly half the weight of a traditional two-seater golf cart and showcases an enhanced battery recharging system using removable battery packs.

6bd87a7ef65bf.2023-01-27 05_40_20.gif

As a solo player I do really like that as an option. I think it looks pretty good, seems smart to me.

Alright I will bite- what’s the cost of one of these compared to your standard golf cart? Unless it’s significantly less than a new standard cart, the economics of it don’t seem to check out. More charging stations etc

Think it’s really nice looking and I’m sure it’s top notch but I don’t see courses, at least around me going this route as I would think it increases costs and time to get carts ready.

• Admin
Alright I will bite- what’s the cost of one of these compared to your standard golf cart?
Do not have pricing currently, but I should soon.

The idea is great and could influence speed of play. Cost will be a factor and an investment I can’t see many courses looking to make.

This really peaked my interest as it looks so nice.

As a mostly single player, I do like the idea. If they can keep costs down it should be viable.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

It looks awesome. Really sharp. I think I’d miss having a cartner to chat with. Some great memories on the course were just from sitting in the cart.

It looks awesome. Really sharp. I think I’d miss having a cartner to chat with. Some great memories on the course were just from sitting in the cart.
I think if you could create a way to Zoom in to your foursome or just a group call in general would take these to the next step.

I think this could speed up play. You go to your ball and move on not having to wait for a 2nd person.

I’ll be honest, I’m surprised someone hasn’t done this already, imo, it’s kind of brilliant.

I'd love this to be an option as a single if I chose to ride. They look pretty slick.

This looks good and like it would be fun to get around the course in. Throw in speeding up the round with everyone going straight to their ball and it sounds like a hit. I think the only downfall would be needing so many more of these compared to the two seaters.

I think this is a great idea, but struggle to see courses buying these unless they are SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than their 2-seater counterparts.

Rode a single cart at True Blue and while it was fine I felt like I was driving a big riding lawnmower. This seems so much more sleeker and stylish.

I think this is a great idea, but struggle to see courses buying these unless they are SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than their 2-seater counterparts.
It depends on the lease cycle.
If your pace of play increases by even a small margin (which it should easily), than you can add more golfers.
But its a macro look at it and most courses seem to make more decisions based on the micro.

It depends on the lease cycle.
If your pace of play increases by even a small margin (which it should easily), than you can add more golfers.
But its a macro look at it and most courses seem to make more decisions based on the micro.

That is actually something I didn't consider, but I would agree with the entirety of that statement.

I think it looks great and I'm surprised it's not already a common thing

I’d love to see something like this catch on, single carts would help speed up play. Removable battery packs could help courses keep costs down as you can have a few extra batteries to swap in as carts are returned.

ridin-solo-paula-deen-riding-solo.gif

Back