Interesting Club Rental Service

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you heard of GetClubs.com before?
Got some info sent to me and its pretty interesting.

Im not much of a renter of clubs, but for those that are, check them out.

https://getclubs.com/pages/how-it-works

040423_Hackers-Paradise_GetClubs.com-Email_600x1000.jpg

Not a renter either, but it's a good idea. But is it profitable? :unsure:

Huh - no but that's pretty neat.

More individual than just getting what a course has available, almost all of the courses I've been at have sets that you could rent but it would obviously just be what is available already on site.

Good idea, I just don't know.

Haven't heard of them.
Wasn't there a similar service with drivers a few years ago?

• Admin
Haven't heard of them.
Wasn't there a similar service with drivers a few years ago?
That was more a trial/demo service to some degree. This is more club rental for travel in my opinion. Although I guess they could be interchangeable in some aspects.

Interesting concept. Order, have them waiting for you, deliver them back. No muss, no fuss.

Although, my biggest issue with rentals is that well......frankly......they aren't mine. And the competitive aspect with me won't allow me to not play fitted clubs over rental clubs just to "have fun". I'd rather bring my stuff even if I only use it once.

I mean if they got callaway among others I’m down. Generally I thought most clubs have that available though.

The site seems a little strange to me right now. It does not seem to be a completely built site yet.

Never heard of them, interesting. I've only rented clubs once a very long time ago and that was because I was going to be there for 2 weeks and only played 2 rounds

Interesting concept. Order, have them waiting for you, deliver them back. No muss, no fuss.

Although, my biggest issue with rentals is that well......frankly......they aren't mine. And the competitive aspect with me won't allow me to not play fitted clubs over rental clubs just to "have fun". I'd rather bring my stuff even if I only use it once.
I think the target market is those who do not frequent golf forums.

$29 daily rental fee doesn't sound too bad

I rented clubs from a company on Maui a few years back, with advance notice you could specify what clubs you wanted (i.e., type of driver, type of irons and set make-up, flex etc.), within reason of course. Since I was there for 10 days and playing 5 rounds it was well worth it (not a very large premium compared to more typical rentals)---this concept seems similar. It was great not having to ship my own clubs and worry about loss or damage (or theft)....

I like the idea for a single day or maybe 2 max. After that it is more cost effective just to bring your own clubs. Obviously they can't have crazy Morgan Cup style requests ready for folks so the standard L/L/L is what would be served.

$29 daily rental fee doesn't sound too bad
I’m not sure why it’s shown like that as the first day is $75 and a weekly rental is still greater than that rate.

1682608505724.png

I quite like this option honestly. I can see it being useful in certain situations for sure.

After seeing the prices and thread on Ship Sticks, I would definitely lean towards using this service for a weekend trip. The price seems like it comes out cheaper and dont have to worry about your clubs getting damaged in transit.

I just plugged in a 3 day rental and randomly chose Briggs Ranch in August. With economy shipping ($60), it's $210.

i tried a similar company called club lender because they claimed it have both Callaway and Taylormade for lefties in all sorts of configurations. What they ended up having was a bunch of Callaway Rogue sets with Regular Shafts and standard lengths - basically the same setup I could get at any resort course. It was definitely an example of over promising and under delivering.

Interesting concept makes sense if doing a company outing and not everyone has a set to use.

I guess I don't see the need for this? Traveling with my own clubs isn't too difficult or expensive in my experience. And as a guy who plays irons short and flat, I'm not sure I'd get much performance or satisfaction from playing with standard spec clubs.

We used a similar service in Vegas once - they had a ton of options, including a very low cost option for the wife who knew she wasn't going to really use the clubs.

Interesting idea, though I think their website needs some work. Splash page shows a daily rate of $23, but on selecting the clubs, I'm shown a new $80 daily charge. I'd rather just rent from a local pro shop.

interesting

Back