Interesting Tiger Woods Family Story

Personally if it were me I wouldn't care what my family had or hadn't done. If they are in trouble I'd help them if I could because that is what good people do. It doesn't sound like his family are after his fortune, just contact and a bit of cash to help look after his sick brother. I'd bet his father would smack him up the back of the head if he were still alive. I know mine would. This only cements my opinion of tiger though. He is and always will be a jerk. Plenty of good golfers who are also nice guys and good role models to follow without supporting eldrick.

First, I would like to say it is a very sad story. I would not wish MS on anyone.

2nd, I am in a similar situation. My parents split when I was very young but my dad did have another son that is about 18 years or so younger than me. It was with his 2nd wife. I joined the Air Force a year or so after he was born & probably only seen him about once a year or so. He is around 30 years old now & I haven't saw him in about 7-8 years. We are Facebook friends but that is about it. Besides having the same father I really don't have much in common with him just because of how we grew up. If I was rich & he was sick or something...i would hope I would help him. I knew Tiger had siblings, but we really don't know how the family dynamic was so it is hard to judge.

I'm a Tiger fan & I wish he were more fan friendly...but he is not & will never change. I enjoy watching Tiger between the ropes & am not too concerned about what he does in his free time. I'm sure Tiger built up a wall around himself from the media and fans because that is what he needed to do to win. Imagine the pressure of being a child prodigy & having to live up to the high standards. Since he turned Pro he has been the #1 attraction at every tour event constantly being asked questions about winning, etc. I'm not making excuses for Tiger....but that is just the way he is. It just seems that Tiger has to block out everything to be able to win Maybe that is why he has 14 majors. Even with 14 majors...other people will still say his a failure if he doesn't tie or beat Jack's record. For Tiger golf just seems like a burden....kind of like what Andre Agassi said about tennis.

Other players are definitely more fan friendly than Tiger but they don't have to live up to his expectations. Or have to think about reporters like RR making $$$ by writing stories on him...or guys like HH writing a book. Most golfers or people in general wouldn't like people constantly digging into their personal life. I'm sure their would be a lot of skeletons coming out.

I wish the best for Tiger & his family.

I have half siblings, I don't talk to them either. Never had any desire to. Can't say I blame Tiger.

239-oh-look-its-this-thread-again.jpg

Back