Is it wrong to wear (golf) merch if you’ve never been there?

jazi95

#TCU-Alum - 'Alleged' Muffin Juice lover
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
What do you think?

Nah

No

Nope.

Nope

Makes for an awkward convo if someone geeks out about a course you’ve never played. Wear what you want, I don’t have a real preference if I like the apparel.

That being said, I wear all but two shirts from courses I’ve played. Those two shirts though are legit 😍

Nope

Nope wear what you like

Makes for an awkward convo if someone geeks out about a course you’ve never played. Wear what you want, I don’t have a real preference if I like the apparel.

That being said, I wear all but two shirts from courses I’ve played. Those two shirts though are legit 😍
Fake it til you make it.

I have a masters shirt. Never played the masters. 🤷

Have a whistling straights headcover and a dormie headcover. Never been to either 🤷‍♂️

Course flex: The ANGC logo is different than the Masters logo. One can wear a Masters polo if they’ve been.

I won’t own an ANGC quarter zip or polo until I’ve played it.

I don't usually get gifts from places I've been and could've bought myself stuff from, so I'm going with no.

Course flex: The ANGC logo is different than the Masters logo. One can wear a Masters polo if they’ve been.

I won’t own an ANGC quarter zip or polo until I’ve played it.
My masters shirt is even a “special” logo and never been.. lol

A friend that went..
Oh man.. I’ve spotted that logo in the wild and I just see the person and I’m like dude…. That’s a special logo. If they know I know, they’re already loaded to talk all about the course.

Oh man.. I’ve spotted that logo in the wild and I just see the person and I’m like dude…. That’s a special logo. If they know I know, they’re already loaded to talk all about the course.
I know.. I just wish I could go..

I won't wear a shirt of a specific course or event unless I've played there or been there as a spectator but that's just me.

I say wear it if you want. I don't care for the most part personally, unless it's tied to a place I really want to play, then I'd likely wait.

No problem with it, just be prepared for somebody to ask you about the course or if/when you've played there. It's no sin to tell them it was a gift or souvenir shirt or whatever.

I wouldn’t wear something ….
Makes for awkward conversation if someone asked you opinions or what your experience was like at a venue

That said don’t often buy a polo etc .. be a hat/ cap … from a venue either , more a tee marker or something like that

Back