Is Tiger through?

I definitley don't think that he is thinking about his divorce while he's on the course, just like I doubt he was thinking about getting caught cheating on the course. Instead, I think that divorce situations can give a person a very defeated view on life. Not that he's are thinking about it 24/7, but I'm betting that iit affects the way he views things subconsiously.

i've been through a divorce once and it's not pleasant. i didn't do anything like tiger did, but to actually go through the thoughts of "what could i have done differently" can be very, very heavy on the mind. i don't want to make excuses for tiger b/c he's dealing with natural consequences of his actions, but there's just something about not being able to fix things that can bog you down, make you tired and consume your mind.

i think he'll be back, he just is going to get out there and work for it, b/c a lot of the guys aren't intimidated by him like they use to be. i think they now believe that they can compete and beat him and so perhaps that has a lot to do with it.

Well I'm sure the pressure of hiding lies is gone. I'm sure he is stressed and hates his image is damaged but my Lord our former President got busted having sex in the Oval Office and it wasn't as big as deal as a professional golfer having affairs. The media is what is hurting Tiger's image right now and until they quit beating a dead horse I don't think people are gonna stop talking about it. His game is obviously rusty but I'm sure he hasn't been putting the time into his game that alot of people are. People keep saying oh he won't break Jack's record or Jack beat better competition. Usually that comes from older men who grew up idolizing Jack and they think he hung the moon but one thing has stayed consistent in all the years golf has been played. Outside of match play the player doesn't play other players he plays the course and Tiger has dominated courses that are much harder to play than they were years ago but equipment is better. The average score in golf hasn't improved much at all in the past 100 years, so those arguments are just ignorance.

The fact is no one man can win at the pace Tiger has, no one has done it before and it will be hard for someone to do it in the future. The fields in these events are loaded with talent and young guys who have played golf since they were little kids just like Tiger. Just like Arnie, Gary Player, Jack and Tom Watson changed the game, Tiger has changed it even more. Jack had a 1 year gap between majors in 1964, two years in 68 and 69, a one year gap in 74, two year gap in 76 and 77, then another one year gap in 79, before his last 6 year gap from 81 to 86.

Tiger has basically had 3 years with no major and quite possibly 4 after this year. He can't win 19 majors in a year, it takes time, it took Jack around 25 years to do. The man is in his prime years and regardless of what people say look at all of the golfers from 35 to 45 years old that are still HIGHLY competitive. The only person who knows if Tiger will do it is Tiger Woods and that has to be shown in his committment to work harder than ever before because he has changed the game for everyone and he has been his own worst enemy by making every golfer strive to beat him. If over the next 12 years Tiger can't win 5 majors to beat Jack Nicklaus it won't be for any other reason than he quit trying. He is the only one who truly knows if he can do it but like he said this week. "You can't win them all".

nice SKJ!!! great points and i agree with your sentiments.

NEW YORK --

Tiger Woods' estimated endorsements for 2010 are worth $22 million less than last year, according to Sports Illustrated's annual analysis of the highest-earning American athletes.

Woods is still No. 1 on the list, as he has been for the rankings' seven years. But his estimated total earnings of more than $90 million are down 30 percent from nearly $128 million two years ago. Rival Phil Mickelson is again No. 2 with total earnings of more than $61 million. His estimated endorsement income is $52 million, compared with $70 million for Woods.

Floyd Mayweather Jr., LeBron James, Alex Rodriguez, Shaquille O'Neal, Kobe Bryant, Derek Jeter, Peyton Manning and Dwyane Wade round out the top 10.

I dont think he is done by any stretch. But I want to say something here.

I am so sick and tired of commentators and media members that are saying how the divorce is in his head and making things harder. BULL! If they think that is in his head, how about living multiple lies and lives over the last decade and trying to keep them all straight. I would think his mind would be as clear as it has ever been right now!

He will be back, he has too much talent not to be.

I have to agree here, I would think cheating MULTIPLE times would be more in the head than a divorce. I mean, he is cheating for a reason...Hell, I used to cheat on a girl I dated for 3 years and I felt horrible EVERY time, but I never once was upset when we broke up!! I hate to admit it on a public forum, but the truth is the truth....I will never cheat again, worste feelig in the world

no where near through, way too much talent. rusty,off year and dealing with all the drama. got a feeling he will be back to the old tiger next year kicking arse and winning tournys

Wow, the guy is having a bad year and we are putting him out to pasture! Tiger started the year out hitting his driver horribly but seems to have ironed it out. His putting game is now letting him down, perhaps because he put so much focus on his long game, who knows. One thing I'm sure of is that Tiger will pull it back together. Will it be this year? No, I don't think so because he has too much going on personally to focus. I do expect a good finish in the PGA but unless his putter just turns magic I don't expect a win. Next year though I think will be a different story. The press should be more focused on his game by that time and the divorce should be settled. As for him not having the fear factor anymore, right now thats true. Once he starts winning again however it won't take long for the fear to come back.

Personally i think Tiger needs to get into one of these smaller tournaments with an easier set up than the big boys he is sticking to i know that he doesnt like the lack of media control or the whatever but if we can win on a small tournament and an easier track i agree confidence breeds more confidence and i dont think any tournament is gonna say... Well Tiger we just don't know if we have room for you in this year's field

I also don't think Tiger is done winning tournaments and majors. I guess we all hold Tiger up to another standard since many on the tour would call a year with two top 5's in majors a good year. I expect the chatter to continue until the first win.

I think Tiger will be back. He is to good of player mentally and physically. Look out PGA tour Tiger will be back.

I've never been a fan of TW, but he is far from done. He finished 4th in two of this year's three majors. For many pros that would be considered a successful season. Plus, he hasn't played all that much.

Back