Is your Driver alone and unafraid?

chile

Working with Mercury
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I almost always pair my driver up with something else of that brand in my bag (98% of the time, it's the FW wood). So...do you find your driver a bag buddy? Or is it a just a raging single in there?

Lone wolf right now, unless the PTxPros are in the bag.

Its amongst a lot of friends.

he's a lonely mofo. it's the only cobra club in my bag and I'm hoping to change that this year

Mine has some friends in a 3w/5w- although they are a bit worried this year from a gapping perspective. There's also a lot of new shiny out there that I want to hit!!

It can be either. To me, driver and putter are the two most important clubs in the bag and since they bear no relationship to what else is in the bag, finding the proper fit and having confidence are the two primary and singular objectives.

That having been said, last year, my driver that ultimately won the first spot in the bag was matched with a 3 wood.

My driver and 4h are the same brand. 3w is different.

It can be either. To me, driver and putter are the two most important clubs in the bag and since they bear no relationship to what else is in the bag, finding the proper fit and having confidence are the two primary and singular objectives.

That having been said, last year, my driver that ultimately won the first spot in the bag was matched with a 3 wood.

i never looked at it that way...i do know that once i got into the 11S, i haven't given another putter a real look and i don't know that i'm gonna anytime soon. i wish i was that way with the driver :LOL:

They've got a friend in there.

Driver used to be a lone wolf with a few other independants. Since the MC, my driver is finally in the majority. I have one lone 50 deg wedge that is bravely flying solo in a sea of Cobra.

My TSR3 has a nice TSR3 FW for it's ride or die.

Right now it’s all the same. Previously it was alone for a year

Solo dolo and don't see that changing soon even in the event that I get a new driver.

I almost always pair my driver up with something else of that brand in my bag (98% of the time, it's the FW wood). So...do you find your driver a bag buddy? Or is it a just a raging single in there?
My PXG driver is getting a Bag mate with a new PXG 5w inbound!

My TSR2 driver & FW are an inseparable pair.

It will have lots of companions soon but, traditionally its been a bit of a lone wolf.

My driver is a lone wolf. I wouldn’t mind adding it’s sibling in the bag in place of my current 3W

There is a Tour Edge 3Wood in theban with it.....

Everything in my bag is Callaway so it has a lot of buddies close by.:sneaky:

Mine is Lone Wolf with a mixed bag for sure. Driver Stealth+, fairways/Hybrids Callaway, Irons Mizuno, Wedges Cleveland/Callaway.

Will see if that changes at my fitting. Looks like a lot of great choices this year.

Driver and hybrid are cousins

Back