It's Official - Dick's Purchases Nickent

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Not breaking news by any means as many expected it and it was just a matter of time. But Dick's has officially purchased Nickent.

I'm saddened by this. Makes me realize how much I miss Nickent and JH's designs. Now, just another "house" brand IMO.

This might be one of those moments lol, but is it safe to say that we might be seeing Nickent back out on the shelves? Could it just be in name only? The 3dx DC was only beat out by the Mashie as far my hybrid choice. Had the ARC wedges for a bit as well.

it will be interested to see what happens with Nickent.

• Admin
I'm saddened by this. Makes me realiza how much I miss Nickent and JH's designs. Now, just another "house" brand IMO.

This might be one of those moments lol, but is it safe to say that we might be seeing Nickent back out on the shelves? Could it just be in name only? The 3dx DC was only beat out by the Mashie as far my hybrid choice. Had the ARC wedges for a bit as well.

I agree with Jman.

good for Nickent but I dont know if I like that Dicks will be taking them over.

first set of clubs i bought were nickent. loved them... but became a club ho' and upgraded before i knew what i was getting rid of

Is anyone from the former Nickent going to be brought back to Dick's SG?

first set of clubs i bought were nickent. loved them... but became a club ho' and upgraded before i knew what i was getting rid of

Thats why I still have a set of 3DX and 4DX pro heads at home, couldn't sell them.

Friend works at Golf Galaxy and he got a company memo about this a few weeks ago. The memo hinted at a new line of Nickent clubs....... I'll call my buddy and see if he's still got the memo.
Heck, he still has the wrapper from the whopper he ate 2 months ago in his car so I'm sure the memo's lying around somewhere.

Is anyone from the former Nickent going to be brought back to Dick's SG?

No. Based on our understanding, they bought the name and a few other things and that was it.

Friend works at Golf Galaxy and he got a company memo about this a few weeks ago. The memo hinted at a new line of Nickent clubs....... I'll call my buddy and see if he's still got the memo.
Heck, he still has the wrapper from the whopper he ate 2 months ago in his car so I'm sure the memo's lying around somewhere.

Yes, you should expect a new line very soon.

Interesting news. I always liked Nickent's clubs - I still have a 4DX Evolver with a whole array of shafts in my backup bag that still sneaks onto the course every once in a while.

No. Based on our understanding, they bought the name and a few other things and that was it.

Yes, you should expect a new line very soon.

Finally, somehting to replace my 4dx hybrds. I've tried many times but keep coming back to them.

Finally, somehting to replace my 4dx hybrds. I've tried many times but keep coming back to them.

They will have new hybrids, irons and putters coming out in the next month or so.

I assure you, they will not be Hoeflich's designs though.

They will have new hybrids, irons and putters coming out in the next month or so.

I assure you, they will not be Hoeflich's designs though.

..... then are they really nickents then?

Very interesting. We loved Nickent when they were around. They were a local company so when they went under, we knew some of the people that bought out a bunch of their stuff. From our understanding, there wasn't much left, so I was surprised to hear the news. Mr. Blind 9's rxn? "WHAT? I thought they were done, I mean ALL done." Makes sense that they bought the name.

This makes me sad. I recently got a chance to hit some of the 4dx CB's that my cousin games and was really impressed. I want to say I liked them better than my x22's but after only hitting 30ish balls with the nickents and having just bought my x22's a week earlier and not being fully comfortable with them yet I didn't make a ruling.

I saw a couple of 4dx pro's at a local used shop and they felt very good just holding them and a light swing in the store. They are way out of my skill league though but I still wouldnt mind trying them.

did you try the 09 TM rescue TP's? thats the only other thing i really enjoy hitting? i haven't tried the new ones yet

This is kinda like Orlimar, used to be a great club, now not so much.

did you try the 09 TM rescue TP's? thats the only other thing i really enjoy hitting? i haven't tried the new ones yet

Not the TP version. I gamed my buddies TM Rescue hybrid for 2 months last summer. The offset kept giveing me a little draw. VERY good Club. Its only problem was it could only do one thing: Hit the ball very high and soft. That doesn't seem like a problem until you need to hit a fade or lower ball flight. The nickent gave me a little bit more options thats all.

@dawgdaddy. ORLIMAR!!! I didn't even know that company was still around!! I had a five wood of theirs back in high school. Loved that club

Not the TP version. I gamed my buddies TM Rescue hybrid for 2 months last summer. The offset kept giveing me a little draw. VERY good Club. Its only problem was it could only do one thing: Hit the ball very high and soft. That doesn't seem like a problem until you need to hit a fade or lower ball flight. The nickent gave me a little bit more options thats all.

yeah the TP was the only option at that time for adjusting the face and angle and all that FCT crap. i have a draw that can REALLY hook in the spring or late fall. so that's why i got it. man... life saver for me.

Back