It's Official - THP Fall Outing Announcement

Whoever said we were playing a tournament? We will have pairings together and have some cool contests based on them. People can play whatever tees they would like to. I choose to play the ball down, but others who want to roll that, that is up to them.

If someone wants to play with a training aid, that is up to them too. I will say that I know that tool and a person will look fairly ridiculous playing a PGA tournament course while wearing that, but that is just my opinion. If a training aid is working, i would think that 4 months from now you may not need it during a round. Again, just my opinion though.

You can forget about Old Gray hitting the big drivers 265 - 270 that weekend unless I can hook up with some steriods....... I am hitting the ball much straighter but just shorter..... I still have seen some pokes especially last night during the scramble that were way out there, however my short swing and slower swing speed will be aimed toward more fairways hit. From what I am hearing on the Radio show, accuracy is better than length on these golf courses. I just got to figure what is going to take place of my 16 degree one iron cobra hybrid for the long par fours and par fives???????

OK, my wife and I are officially signed up for this golf haven of goodness. I'm pretty psyched to meet all of you like minded golf addicts, and my wife is pretty excited to hang out at the beach! She, like some others I have read about, is not at the point with her game where she wants to take on the pga courses, but I'm hoping after she meets some of the other lady golfers here she'll start to feel more comfortable with playing in front of others, maybe for next outing.

It will also be good to meet many of you that hail from the Philadelphia region for future golf opportunities.

Now if I can just resist buying new toys until after testing all of the stuff in September. Not sure I can make it that long!!!

OK, my wife and I are officially signed up for this golf haven of goodness. I'm pretty psyched to meet all of you like minded golf addicts, and my wife is pretty excited to hang out at the beach! She, like some others I have read about, is not at the point with her game where she wants to take on the pga courses, but I'm hoping after she meets some of the other lady golfers here she'll start to feel more comfortable with playing in front of others, maybe for next outing.

It will also be good to meet many of you that hail from the Philadelphia region for future golf opportunities.

Now if I can just resist buying new toys until after testing all of the stuff in September. Not sure I can make it that long!!!

Glad you're going to make it! There's a few of us from the Tri state area that are going it looks like. That thanks1974 character, fildini and myself are all in the vicinity!

I am sure that most will not play this as a tourney style..
We are all there to have fun.....although it is human nature to want to compete...
Personally, unless I am about ready to snap a club across my knee (3 years and counting since that feeling), I play it down, by the rules and use a scorecard.

And when I beat TC straight up, I will have to do some smack talking both during the round and after wards on the forum..:alien2:

Glad you're coming G4L....
And you SHOULD be buying new stuff b4 the outing..
Then you just get to play with MORE new stuff once you get there..

Win-Win scenario

Glad you're going to make it! There's a few of us from the Tri state area that are going it looks like. That thanks1974 character, fildini and myself are all in the vicinity!
Thanks, should be a blast.

And you SHOULD be buying new stuff b4 the outing..
Then you just get to play with MORE new stuff once you get there..
See, its stuff like this that my wife can never, ever read or my association with this forum will cease to exist :bulgy-eyes:

Great to hear golf4life!

Glad you're coming G4L! We'll see you in September!

Most awesome G4L!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like we will be booking the flights today! They are $300 cheaper today than they were last week!!! We are already booked into the hotel :) we were just waiting for flights to get a little cheaper. I'll edit/post again when they are booked!
Edit: And we booked!

We arrive into Florida (Fort Lauderdale) at 4:45 p.m. on Friday Sept 17th at 4:45, depart Monday September 20th (from Fort Lauderdale) 11:15 a.m.
Hawk308 - If you want to jump in our rental car to get to the hotel near the airport after the festivities on the Sunday, we will have room. We will be staying at a hotel near the FLL airport on the Sunday night.

WOOOOOOOOOOOO

Last edited:
Looks like we will be booking the flights today! They are $300 cheaper today than they were last week!!! We are already booked into the hotel :) we were just waiting for flights to get a little cheaper. I'll edit/post again when they are booked!

Oh now nice it is to be in driving distance.

8-10 hours driving? I will be spending less time in a plane and probably arrive more refreshed since I am not driving ( or putting up with you ) LOL

hahaha. Feel bad because TC has to put up with me for the whole 8-10 hours that we spend driving down there.

so that's 7-9 hours of golf talk!!! woo hoo! maybe we can stop in and grab a bite at the cafe' risque'? haha

8-10 hours driving? I will be spending less time in a plane and probably arrive more refreshed since I am not driving ( or putting up with you ) LOL

This is a trueism, but everybody loves a road trip.

so that's 7-9 hours of golf talk!!! woo hoo! maybe we can stop in and grab a bite at the cafe' risque'? haha

Gah! I would never go into that place. A shoe show in a small town? Ugh, the dancers probably don't even have teeth.

Dude, that would be no problem for us. We will have even more to talk about on the way back. You are really looking at 18 hours of golf talk.

Gah! I would never go into that place. A shoe show in a small town? Ugh, the dancers probably don't even have teeth.

Dude, that would be no problem for us. We will have even more to talk about on the way back. You are really looking at 18 hours of golf talk.

i've always thought the same thing! good, HOOTERS it is then! nah, i'm just playing.

i can honestly say that we'll talk nothing but golf! it's going to be awesome. and it's sweet that we have free golf lined up friday morning.

i've always thought the same thing! good, HOOTERS it is then! nah, i'm just playing.

i can honestly say that we'll talk nothing but golf! it's going to be awesome. and it's sweet that we have free golf lined up friday morning.

I have actually never eaten at a HOOTERS.

Golf Golf Golf.

Back