John Daly Switches to Bridgestone

Little off topic JB, but because of his return does he have any sponsors besides Loudmouth?

From his website.

All Sport Zero/Big Red

Blue Collar Golf

Kaenon Eyewear

GripMaster

Heavy Putter

Adams Golf

Set Scramble

John Daly Enterprises

LoudMouth Golf

From his website.

All Sport Zero/Big Red

Blue Collar Golf

Kaenon Eyewear

GripMaster

Heavy Putter

Adams Golf

Set Scramble

John Daly Enterprises

LoudMouth Golf
and they'll all problely be on his shirt like a Nascar driver :D

How can you not be a fan of a person who has rocked a mullet and a self-imposed bald look all in the same year? I don't consider myself a Daly fan, but I would rather watch him win an outing than watching many of the other pga regulars. And I am appreciative of the fact that he is playing a ball other than the "#1 ball in golf."

I don't find it odd because you know what JD is all about, and so does he. Got to hand it to a guy who owns up to both is wrong, and right doings. Is nice to the fans, and is just one of the good guys on tour. He's approachable by the everyday golfer. Now that "what's his name" is out of the picture for a while, it's just JD, and Philly Mick as the bigger draws for the PGA this 2010 season. :D
I root for him sometimes. Does anybody else find it odd that so many revere him for his constant comebacks and yet people crucify others for making similar or in some cases less troubling mistakes.

I don't find it odd because you know what JD is all about, and so does he. Got to hand it to a guy who owns up to both is wrong, and right doings. Is nice to the fans, and is just one of the good guys on tour. He's approachable by the everyday golfer. Now that "what's his name" is out of the picture for a while, it's just JD, and Philly Mick as the bigger draws for the PGA this 2010 season. :D

SO committing crimes and having horrible habits is better if you are honest about it, than personal marriage issues? Or is there more? Im honestly curious.

Very few, if any pro golfers are with out poor issues, both on course, and off the course. That goes for most human beings for that matter. Maybe except for Tommy Watson...lol. I just know I would have much easier, nicer time in the company of JD, than most other pro golfers, except for Tommy Watson. Bad issues or not, most hacking golfers can, and do relate to JD. May not be right, but just the way it is. Besides if JD is that bad of a person, why is Bridgestone allowing him to market their product for them? :confused2:
SO committing crimes and having horrible habits is better than if you are honest about it, than personal marriage issues? Or is there more? Im honestly curious.

That is up to Bridgestone and he and I mean technically he is not marketing it. He can go to the store and buy anything he wants. He liked it and gets paid nothing to use it.

BUt I guess my point is that Daly has allegedly beat his wife (he sued for libel and lost), been a drug addict, an alcoholic, had a gambling problem, lost it all, made numerous comebacks, been suspended on tour, smashed a fans camera, and so much more. And because he drinks, smokes, and had a mullet, he is revered.

Yet Tiger cheats on his wife and is ruined in 30 days.

Im sure the other side is that JD does not try to portray the corporate image and TIger did, but I think there is more to it.

I believe it is more about people wanting to see the top fall and the bottom rise as fans. Rooting for the underdog.

But I still look at JD and say would he be an underdog if he didnt piss it all away, get arrested, etc...?

In short, Id say no. I think he probably would have alienated fans though in other ways.

I like to see him playing the Bridgestone line. I have been a long-time fan of Bridgestone equipment, all the way back to their "REXTAR" balata balls. Holy cow! That ball was so soft you could lay a smile on it, with a driver.
I have heard that outside the US and North America, Bridgestone is the #1 ball in golf. Any truth to that?
Thanks,
LaMont in AZ

I like to see him playing the Bridgestone line. I have been a long-time fan of Bridgestone equipment, all the way back to their "REXTAR" balata balls. Holy cow! That ball was so soft you could lay a smile on it, with a driver.
I have heard that outside the US and North America, Bridgestone is the #1 ball in golf. Any truth to that?
Thanks,
LaMont in AZ

It depends on what figures you pull and what companies you join together. Tour Stage and Bridgestone together as one could be close. The only numbers I have are from early 2009 and they are not at the top.

It's nice to see a player use equipment because he wants to use it, not because he gets paid for it.

I'm a supporter of JDs. As a former mental health professional I would suggest that JDs problems run deeper than alcohol. I hope he is getting the help he needs and I hope he is able to mount a comeback without backsliding.

I think Americans just tend to gravitate towards train wrecks in the public eye. Why do you think those "certain" gossip publications and "certain" gossip shows keep making money? It's like watching Jersey Shore on MTV... no viable content whatsoever but people love watching because people want to see the drama from those assclowns.

Back