Joining the local country club!

congrats! Hope you enjoy the club and be sure to let us know how you make on with things. Soon as I can afford it, I plan to join a club. Can't wait for that!!!

congratulations on a great decision. Some great advice has been given already.

Here is my list of things to do (many repeats from above)

1. Do not try to impress anyone. Be assured there are plenty members who have likely done more, have more and play better golf. Be yourself, unless you are unfriendly. If that is the case, become friendly.
2. Treat the staff well. Remember their names. Tip them. In the locker room and restaurant, tips will most likely be figured into the check. Tip extra, and in cash. The guy who brings you a golf cart and puts your bags on it? Tip him.
3. Dress appropriately. You do not have to be the best dressed, but make sure you are not in the bottom half. No cargo shorts or jorts.
4. Be a gentleman when you are on the premises.
5. Get to know the golf staff. They will hook you up with a group to play with.
6. Get to know as many members as possible. I am sure they are happy to have you and will be very welcome.
7. Enjoy yourself and play as much golf as you can.

Congrat's!!! Looks like a nice club!!! I wish I had an affordable club near me, would get a lot more rounds in for sure!!

A couple years back I bought a 2-year membership at a local public course. Its a great course and for a public course it is probably in the best shape out of any public courses within a half hour of me. The only thing I haven't liked about it is that it gets really busy a lot because they offered special pricing a couple years back so they got a lot of members, and the bunkers are hard and almost like trying to hit out of concrete and they drain horribly so there is almost always water in them. The owner says that whoever built the course didn't build it right and the only way to fix it is to tear everything up within 50 yards of it. I don't really understand how it could be that hard to replace some bunkers....but because I want to work on my bunker game and play a course with faster greens I have been looking into a couple of country clubs around me. My buddy just called me earlier today and he is a member at one of them, and he got a letter from them saying that as a christmas special he could bring in one person and that one person could get 50% off their membership. Soooo...needless to say I am all over that! I am finally joining a country club as well. I have played there quite a few times and really enjoy it. It plays about 6500 yards, and it is situated in a neighborhood so it has a nice tight fairways, and there are also a lot of trees, so being accurate off the tee is imperative. The greens are also faster than my current course, and the bunkers are nice and soft! My current course also does not offer a driving range so I always had to make a separate trip to the range that is about 20 minutes away, but the country club has 2 practice greens and a driving range, plus a much better pro shop. I am so excited that I get to play there this year I think it is really going to make my practice time more effective.

Great news Icey. Sure you will love it.

Congrats and enjoy!

Geez. Starts pretty easy, but 2-4 look rough!
yeah that par 3 just looks unfair.
I don't mind par 3's around 200 yards since I can hit my 2/3 hybrid fairly confidently into the green. But once it starts getting over 210 I'd have to start going to the 3 wood which I'm just not too confident in going for the green with.
2 is tough but not as bad as 3 and 4 doesn't seem that bad since it's a par 5.

yeah that par 3 just looks unfair.
I don't mind par 3's around 200 yards since I can hit my 2/3 hybrid fairly confidently into the green. But once it starts getting over 210 I'd have to start going to the 3 wood which I'm just not too confident in going for the green with.
2 is tough but not as bad as 3 and 4 doesn't seem that bad since it's a par 5.

One round I played there it had a huge head wind and I hit driver and it was close to not being enough club. At least it's a little down hill!

Tapatalking on my iPhone!

Looks very nice! Enjoy.

One round I played there it had a huge head wind and I hit driver and it was close to not being enough club. At least it's a little down hill!

Tapatalking on my iPhone!

That's just getting a bit silly. You should never have a hole where you have to be hitting driver for a par 3. Just makes golf less enjoyable.

Congrats on joining Hillcrest. If I ever find myself living in Lincoln again and make enough, that is THE club I would want to join. My grandparents were members there when I was growing up, so I've been in the restaurant and banquet facilities plenty of times, but I didn't start playing golf until I was in my 20s, so I never had the chance to play there. I hope you enjoy being a member there, as I know my family that were members there LOVED it.

I'm just waiting for the day I can join a private club here.

Congrat's on the membership. Hope you get to enjoy lot's of good times.

Back