Journey to Average 30 Putts per Round.

Thought I would bump this back up since I'm still not even close to averaging under 30 putts per round. I will be working really hard on my putting this week, and something I'm going to try is I'm going to extend by Cleveland Classic #1 putter to 36" which is where Seemore thinks I should be in terms of putter length.

I need to stop changing putters all the time too and just pick one and stick with it.

i wanted to bump this other other day too.... great bump CB especially on your journey to become scratch. are you getting a SeeMore also? or just gonna extend your Classic? i also think the SeeMore testing and me keeping one flatstick in the bag has helped. although difficult at times really has helped me become very comfortable over putts especially with SeeMores RST.

i wanted to bump this other other day too.... great bump CB especially on your journey to become scratch. are you getting a SeeMore also? or just gonna extend your Classic? i also think the SeeMore testing and me keeping one flatstick in the bag has helped. although difficult at times really has helped me become very comfortable over putts especially with SeeMores RST.
I have an order in with Seemore, I'm just not sure at the moment if thats the answer so I'm holding off. When I'm putting well with the DART I scare the hole from everywhere, but I've just been having some off days that scare me away from it. For now I'm leaving it in the bag, and I'm just going to spend a ton of time putting with it.

The Cleveland is just a test to see how I feel about the added length.

Thought I would bump this back up since I'm still not even close to averaging under 30 putts per round. I will be working really hard on my putting this week, and something I'm going to try is I'm going to extend by Cleveland Classic #1 putter to 36" which is where Seemore thinks I should be in terms of putter length.

I need to stop changing putters all the time too and just pick one and stick with it.

Good thoughts Breezy, going to 36" might help you square up the putter a little more...I really think the Metal x Dart is a good choice for you, you were all around the hole with it in MB.

One of my favorite drills is the string drill......I went to the hardware store and bought one of those driveway markers that some us use for alignment sticks and cut 2 18 inch pieces.....sharpened on end of each and tied 10 feet of thick yellow twine between them.....I take it to the putting green, try to find a flat spot and put then in the ground...I start with the pegs about 5 feet a art...put the line on my ball dead under the string and try to keep the line turning end over end until the ball hits the peg on the other side....after awhile I widen the gap to 7 feet then 10 feet.

It works for me...just thought I would share.

Good thoughts Breezy, going to 36" might help you square up the putter a little more...I really think the Metal x Dart is a good choice for you, you were all around the hole with it in MB.

One of my favorite drills is the string drill......I went to the hardware store and bought one of those driveway markers that some us use for alignment sticks and cut 2 18 inch pieces.....sharpened on end of each and tied 10 feet of thick yellow twine between them.....I take it to the putting green, try to find a flat spot and put then in the ground...I start with the pegs about 5 feet a art...put the line on my ball dead under the string and try to keep the line turning end over end until the ball hits the peg on the other side....after awhile I widen the gap to 7 feet then 10 feet.

No sense in us trying that, you only made nearly everything you looked at!

Good idea, Tim.

Thats a great sounding drill TBT, I would be crazy not to take some putting tips from you. I will try that the next time I'm on the putting green.

Thats a great sounding drill TBT, I would be crazy not to take some putting tips from you. I will try that the next time I'm on the putting green.

Yeah from now on when he talks putting I make sure I'm listening. Otherwise I'd be Seth haha

Yeah from now on when he talks putting I make sure I'm listening. Otherwise I'd be Seth haha

Now that was FUNNY..and true!

Thanks bro, I appreciate the compliment.

One of the best putting tips I ever got was a retired PGA pro who said, " all putts are straight....no matter how much break there is, all great putters start by picking a point and making a straight putt to that point... The better you ate at hitting that point the more likely those long putts are to fall."

Thanks bro, I appreciate the compliment.

One of the best putting tips I ever got was a retired PGA pro who said, " all putts are straight....no matter how much break there is, all great putters start by picking a point and making a straight putt to that point... The better you ate at hitting that point the more likely those long putts are to fall."

so true! and a great drill i do the same thing with a chalk line as long as its cool with the greenskeeper sometimes too. pretty much the same thing. really is great practice and even better for your confidence.

Someone was doing that same type of string drill down at the outing. pmoa and I were practicing it and it works. Great tip.

Someone was doing that same type of string drill down at the outing. pmoa and I were practicing it and it works. Great tip.

Yeah! It was bear4ever with the home made tool. Two sewing needles and string. Works pretty good!

30 putts per round...my average is right at 36...that is 6 strokes off my game. Need to stay away from this forum and get back to practicing my putting game. LOL

30 putts per round...my average is right at 36...that is 6 strokes off my game. Need to stay away from this forum and get back to practicing my putting game. LOL
Thats not the way to do it. Drop other things like sleeping.

I've been working really hard on my putting lately, both my set up and my stroke and I've been putting much better. My last round I had 32 putts, and that was a combination of good putting, some good chipping, and some close wedge shots. I also had 3 birdies and some 1 putt par and bogey saves, not to mention some really tough 2 putts that I was proud of.

Today I will be doing some more putting practice in my office, and then after work during my range session.

When is that FGP coming, Breezy?

When is that FGP coming, Breezy?
Soon, but right now I'm not sure if it makes it in the bag. I'm putting so well with my TM-770 its silly. I was putting great with it before I swapped out putters, and I'm putting great with it now. I'm not sure I want to take it out of the bag right now.

Can't blame you for not wanting to change if things are going well.

Can't blame you for not wanting to change if things are going well.
When it and the YES! get here they will be rolled on the office putting green for a while until I get comfortable with them.

Soon, but right now I'm not sure if it makes it in the bag. I'm putting so well with my TM-770 its silly. I was putting great with it before I swapped out putters, and I'm putting great with it now. I'm not sure I want to take it out of the bag right now.

You change putters like kmac changes everything else! A "putter pondering thread by breezy" thread could be in order, haha.

You change putters like kmac changes everything else! A "putter pondering thread by breezy" thread could be in order, haha.

Sometimes it takes change to help you forget what you did with the last putter. I know I was really struggling at the beginning of the season - we are talking 43-45 putts a round struggling. Got a new Callie 12 and put in a bunch of rounds following that with as few as 32 putts in a round.

Putting well is all in your head. A new putter gets rid of bad memories and making putts with the new one creates good memories. Buying a new putter that improves your confidance is cheaper than talking to a psychologist to do the same thing.

i'm down to 30.6 putts per round (golfshot stats, last 20 rounds) and it's without a doubt been one thing. trust the line and accept what happens if it's not the right one. i'm a 'feeler', in that i like to 'feel' the distance of the putt via walking around my line, the hole and the green to anticipate how its going to roll. then, just making a confident stroke...forget about what you've done during the round and count each putt as if it were for a par. not a birdie, not a bogey. but as a par. (level headed)

Sometimes it takes change to help you forget what you did with the last putter. I know I was really struggling at the beginning of the season - we are talking 43-45 putts a round struggling. Got a new Callie 12 and put in a bunch of rounds following that with as few as 32 putts in a round.

Putting well is all in your head. A new putter gets rid of bad memories and making putts with the new one creates good memories. Buying a new putter that improves your confidance is cheaper than talking to a psychologist to do the same thing.

I was only teasing the guy. Didn't mean anything by it.

Back