Journey to Break 85

Hi cooldec.

Bummer about the er visit chunky!

Posted via Tapatalk

My littlest has a severe diaper rash and they thought it was infected. Turned out to be a yeast infection. Pretty nasty though

Nice job, Mike! That's an incredible back nine dude.

I got rid of my hanking issues and played a decent round today. 84 (+18) from 5,300 yards. Put the SuperTri back in the bag and my driving was back to normal. I'm still hitting it too high and suspect the spin is hurting my distance, but I hit every fairway that I used it on, so it i what it is I guess.

My putter finally started to get pretty good towards the end of the round, but it was too late. Passed up quite a few birdie putts, including one from 4 feet. Ugh.

Good job guys! Hawk - I got rid of my "hanks" too. It was only happening with my new 58* so I went to our practice green and after about 8 of them, I told myself to quit thinking about it and just hit it like a regular iron shot. It worked and I started sticking them close to the pin. I then went and joined up with OG and the guys on the back nine and hit some pretty little pitch shots. Hell with hinge and hold thoughts! Just hit the dang ball. One day I am going to quit over thinking this game and just play.

Good job guys! Hawk - I got rid of my "hanks" too. It was only happening with my new 58* so I went to our practice green and after about 8 of them, I told myself to quit thinking about it and just hit it like a regular iron shot. It worked and I started sticking them close to the pin. I then went and joined up with OG and the guys on the back nine and hit some pretty little pitch shots. Hell with hinge and hold thoughts! Just hit the dang ball. One day I am going to quit over thinking this game and just play.

Were you dressed in some smart looking cargo's? :blowkiss: :desire: :pumpkin:

When you figure that one out you have got to let the rest of us know how to do it. :thumb:

Hello Hawk, I've missed you guys.

It's weird being here when everybody's down there. I don't like it.

My littlest has a severe diaper rash and they thought it was infected. Turned out to be a yeast infection. Pretty nasty though

Yikes dude. Kids get the weirdest stuff.

I didn't hanks one today. Worked on just keeping my V and upper body doing the work and they were gone. I'm done with the range for a bit. It had me all freaked out and it turned out fine.

Were you dressed in some smart looking cargo's? :blowkiss: :desire: :pumpkin:

LOL - the outcome had not been determined as of yet. I have ordered some though! It's gonna be hard for this old lady to play from the white tees next weekend but they aren't as long as some courses thank goodness. I'll have to put on sunscreen so I won't have a sock tan halfway up my leg.

words I need to live by, my short game is awful except when I just go up to the ball and swing instead of thinking about 50 different things

words I need to live by, my short game is awful except when I just go up to the ball and swing instead of thinking about 50 different things

Short game kept me in my match Sunday- it sure does feel good knowing you are getting up and down often.

Half wedge shots are money!

Even though this thread is more about venting and simply trying to improve, and the occasional other odd topic, just thought I'd say I shot 85 yesterday. Probably the best 18 holes I've played in awhile. I've shot plenty of '9-hole' rounds that add up to under 85, but most 18 hole rounds were high 80s.

Front 9 - 45 (+9)
One 1-putt
Three 3-putts
2 penalty strokes

Back 9 - 40 (+4)
Four 1-putts
One 3-putt
1 penalty stroke

It was nice to finish strong on the back side. Also, catching up on all the morgan cup videos is getting me jazzed up for competitive golf again.

Great round, Rock! I wish that golf was played over 27 holes and you could toss one of the 9's for an 18 hole score. I just seem to play better after the front and it looks like you did as well.

Mike, Hawk and McRock, awesome rounds! I unfortunately had a huge blow up on Saturday and shot 109! 61 on the back that I shot 40 on 2 weeks ago. Then went back out on Sunday and shot a 92 and felt like I played a lot worse than that. Bad weekend for me, happy that you guys played so well,m and that you lost the hanks Hawk.

Bummer, yorkem! Stupid bad rounds. You'll get it back though dude. I always tell myself that if i've done it once, it's in me to do it again ;)

I was sort of golfed out after the crappy range session last week, but then I play an ok round and I like it again. I'm not going back to the range that I had a tough time at. The grass is almost nonexistant and you have to angle yourself if you're not directly in the middle or you have no targets to hit at. I don't need that kind of stuff to think about when I'm trying to hit the ball.

Also, yorkem: After I play a pretty good round, I go out the next time with really high expectations and I think that hurts me. Golf hates expectations.

I feel like rambling a bit, so I will :)

I played yesterday with Erica's grandpa and dad. I hadn't played with her grandpa since April 2010 when I was just terrible at golf. The last time we played together I was using a 5 iron for a driver.It was nice to go out and have an ok round and hear his thoughts on the progression of my game. He's one of those old guys that is just good and is also really enjoyable to be around. He is the two putt king and rarely leaves a missed putt farther than 12-18 inches from the hole. I wish he could transfer a bit of that to me.

The driver is just so weird right now. I literally feel 100% confidence standing over the SuperTri, yet I am hitting it too short. I'm hitting it so freaking high right now and could probably hit my 17° almost as far. My launch monitor testing tells me I've seen an increase of 4mph in my average swing speed (from the last time I was at a Bridgestone fitting), but I feel like I'm way too short off the tee. I can get up to 100mph, but the ball just goes nowhere. At the same time, I'm hitting fairways and the dispersion I'm seeing is really good. When I put the regular R9 head on my shaft I hit it further at times, but lost confidence in it for some reason.

So, longer or straighter? Honestly, straighter is nice, but I'd like both. It's funny because at this time last year I couldn't hit the driver high enough and now I'm hitting it too high. Just can't win with me I guess. For now, it's staying as is, but we will see. I don't like to tinker too much with the driver as it's a fickle thing and a bad driving round can really destroy my score.

Haha, Hawk that is this crazy game called golf that we love so much. I bet it was cool having her grandpa see the improvements. I notice a ton of improvement from the round we played @ last years outing compared to this year. Keep it going buddy.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Maybe you can teach me how to putt!

How short is short hawk?

Maybe you can teach me how to putt!
Sure, but who's going to teach me? I haven't seen any videos yet, but didn't Danny get a nice ugly 3 wiggle on camera in my match vs. JB? :beat-up:

I think my average carry on the monitor was around 215 with a clubhead speed of average of 97mph. I can get it out farther at times, but I think I should be carrying the ball farther with my swingspeed. My spin was 4,000 to 4,500. I don't think that I'm incredibly steep either.

Sure, but who's going to teach me? I haven't seen any videos yet, but didn't Danny get a nice ugly 3 wiggle on camera in my match vs. JB? :beat-up:

I don't remember seeing that one, but I think I watched close to 200 videos.

That does seem odd. I kind of want to see you swing now

L/A was around 16 and side spin is fairly minimal unless I miss. Typical shot starts a little right and comes back to center and is HIGH over the last 6 weeks or so. I went to a lesson and that is what I have now. Before it was a fade that was also short, but had more side spin. I like the direction the ball goes, it just needs to go further haha.

I have some videos in here, but they are buried in our babbling. I will post some updated ones next time I get the chance.

Back