Just curious...........what style putter is in your bag? Blade in mine. Thanks!

Blade. But, it's a very new reality.

Big ole mallet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blade currently. Have generally had a blade or wide blade on the bag.

Heavy wide blade.

Toulon Daytona Beach mallet

Currently a mallet but have in reserve a couple additional mallets a d couple of blades.

Mallet. Lately a Lean Lock Mallet. It may displace my Mizuno M-Craft if it keeps up making putts.

I think of putters in three basic styles.

1) Blades
2) Mallets
3) Flange on the back

The most common style is probably the flange-back design, like a Ping Anser and a million others. Maybe most people call those "blades" but I save that term for a true blade.

I use a Anser-style putter with a flange and a plumbers neck hosel, which up until the last decade or so was the most popular design.

It's weird. Visually I wish I could putt well with a true blade. Confidence-wise, mallets always seem to me like they ought to work best. But year in and year out I do my best putting with an Anser. Results matter so I go with what works.

OG 7 CH
Scotty NP2
Ping Anser 2

Plumbers necks are my jam.

OG 7 CH
Scotty NP2
Ping Anser 2

Plumbers necks are my jam.

Holy smokes, thought that was my post 'cause....Scotty SB2....Ping Anser 2....and now Ody-10 2ball....and there's a Ben Hogan Bettinardi The Hawk putter sitting there, too...all just depends on how I'm rolling it. Currently, Odyssey resides in the putter well.

Mallet.

Mallet .... L.A.B MEZZ.1

Mallet. Scotty PhantomX9 with 40g weights.

Holy smokes, thought that was my post 'cause....Scotty SB2....Ping Anser 2....and now Ody-10 2ball....and there's a Ben Hogan Bettinardi The Hawk putter sitting there, too...all just depends on how I'm rolling it. Currently, Odyssey resides in the putter well.

I did a LOT of messing with putters this past winter; same head but different necks. Found that the plumbers neck was best for me to deliver the ball online. I can clearly see how the OG7 is more forgiving than the NP2. I love the Scotty, but Odyssey for the win.

Mallet. Switched to mallet about 2 years ago after playing blades for 40+ years.

Cleveland Huntington Beach 10.5c
It's a center shafted mallet with a relatively small heel-to-toe measurement, which i really like.

Wide blade.

design ufo GIF by Chris Gannon

The largest of the large goofy spaceship mallets.

Blade for me. I always end up pondering a mallet in the winter but always seem to end up with a blade back in the bag by mid season

The most common style is probably the flange-back design, like a Ping Anser and a million others. Maybe most people call those "blades" but I save that term for a true blade.
One of the weirdest things coming back to golf is seeing any putter that is not a mallet is now being called a blade.

Odyssey Eleven CS mallet. Never gamed a blade. Had an Odyssey Tank #7 and a Heavy Putter before that. I was pleasantly surprised how well I putted with a Scotty Newport I won in a giveaway, but it's not quite the right feel or toe hang for me.

Back