KBS Tour Shafts Contest - The Deutsche Bank Championship [SPOILERS]

Gona be an awesome last 2 days

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

Agreed, ive been slacking in this thread but have watched every minute of this tourny. I will bring the banter tomorrow

So quick story and thoughts. I went to the Deutsche bank yesterday at the TPC Boston. Me and my buddies followed Bubba Watson's group for 14 of his 18 holes. Several thoughts. The arc he creates and swing speed are seriously not done justice on TV. His swing is crazy to watch. On the par 5 600 yard 7th hole, he used driver SIX IRON. I don't know what they said on tv or if they mentioned it, but we were 10-20 feet from him and he had his 5 iron, and his caddie talked him into a 6 iron with the wind. He then stuck it to 9 feet. Also, he has really good touch for such a long hitter, this to me is the difference between him and DJ. We followed DJ's group for a while too. While DJ was as long as Bubba with a much more effortless swing, his approach shots were always 4-5 feet outside his playing partners, Kuchar and Watney. K.J. Choi is awesome. He was playing like absolute crap, but was still interacting with fans, joking around and enjoying himself. We also saw Hunter's group for 6 or so holes. Hunter also seemed like a really cool guy to play golf with who has fun while he plays. He was paired up with Charles Howell III and Adam Scott and on the 11th tee box (they started their round on the back) Hunter was giving Charles crap about the "III" thing and if his pals growing up made fun of him. Everyone on the tee box was dying. Also, Adam Scott earned my respect big time as there was a piece of s&*% following his group around and yelling after each shot, "Stevie, THAT'S NOT TIGER" "DOESN'T SWING LIKE TIGER, PUTT LIKE TIGER OR SCORE LIKE TIGER...." Adam didn't respond, didn't allow Steve to respond or have security kick the guy out. Then he just went out there and fired a low number. Vijay is really really big. Keegan Bradley is seriously fun to follow and watch. He grinds out every shot, and definitely wears his emotions on his sleeve. We were obviously cheering for him and following him as he's a local guy, but even after he rinsed his ball on the par 3 16th and doubled, he was still interacting and acknowledging fans and slapping hands and pounding fists. Very impressed with Mark Wilson. Seems like a GREAT GUY to play with. Was super devoted to his playing partners. Talking the game, looking for errant balls, picking up divots for caddies, cheering for his group. Keegan came back with a birdie on 17 after his double on 16 and the first one to run over to him to congratulate him and slap his hand was Wilson - even beat Keegan's caddy over. IMO, Keegan's caddie cost him getting cut. I know the player hits the shot, but hear me out.... His second shot on 18, which he hit into a fairway bunker, his caddy gave him seriously bad advice on choice of shot AND then on distance. We were 5 feet away as his ball was close to the ropes, and after advising Keegan to hit a wedge out of the rough TOWARDS a fairway bunker, Keegan asked him for the distance to the bunker and if it was going to come into play. Caddy responds, "Don't worry about it, distance will not be a problem. It won't come into play." Keegan nods, hits the shot - ball goes into the bunker. Caddy looks like he got shot and goes stark white..... Jason Day plays with alot of composure. He hit a tee shot in the woods near us and needed a rules ruling. While he was waiting he was joking with fans about how crappy his lie was and how wild he was off the tee. We spent the entire day there had a really good time. Most of the players were really great and interacted with fans. I had never been to a tourney before. If anyone wants to know what someone was like on the course (at least yesterday) please ask. We saw nearly every group for at least a few holes (except for Rickie Fowler's didn't see him and didn't see Phil - because he was in the group behind Bubba).

Good stuff dude. I enjoy hearing how the players are when you can't see them on camera. Is Dustin a big a douche as he seems on tv? And did you ever seem him do a line off his putter or come out of bathroom with white stuff under his nose? Dude just looks like a jerk.

Good stuff dude. I enjoy hearing how the players are when you can't see them on camera. Is Dustin a big a douche as he seems on tv? And did you ever seem him do a line off his putter or come out of bathroom with white stuff under his nose? Dude just looks like a jerk.

Probably why he loves playing this tourney if he's a big Deutsche. You gotta hand it to those rabid Tiger fans, stay classy fellas. What a bunch of Deutsches.

He is definitely confident and does swagger, but he didn't seem like a jerk. He did acknowledge the kids and younger fans. That being said, it seemed like Kuchar and Watney enjoyed playing with him. They were joking back and forth. And Watney and Kuch are supposed to be some of the nicest guys on tour. I'm with you though. I always thought he was kind of a jerk - yesterday was refreshing at least to me that he wasn't or isn't all the time. I just don't think he likes the media and is put off by that part of the job.

Another note.... David Toms was a jerk yesterday - his caddy as well. He may have been upset with the size of the crowd following them and the noise etc. He was paired with Bubba so there was a significant number of people around the putting green. But two separate times yesterday he and his caddy yelled at someone for moving. One time, it was a guy right behind me, who was less than a foot away. I didn't know he was moving and he was that close to me. Toms yelled at "the guy in the black hat, please stop MOVING" My buddies and I thought he was nuts and had no idea who he was talking to. Bill Haas seemed overwhelmed in that group and looked scared to death.

And Jason Dufner's wife is gorgeous!!!

Toms huh. That's interesting. I can see him being an elitist. Loos like he grew up in the game and never did anything else. How dare someone twitch.

Tapatalk: even romosexuals use it

Nick Watney needs to win this thing for the sake of my contest.

Now that is funny, Did the crowd gove it to him? I've been witness to these mental lapses by the pros and its funny when you think about it. Chalk it up to him having a bad day off the golf course.

Another note.... David Toms was a jerk yesterday - his caddy as well. He may have been upset with the size of the crowd following them and the noise etc. He was paired with Bubba so there was a significant number of people around the putting green. But two separate times yesterday he and his caddy yelled at someone for moving. One time, it was a guy right behind me, who was less than a foot away. I didn't know he was moving and he was that close to me. Toms yelled at "the guy in the black hat, please stop MOVING" My buddies and I thought he was nuts and had no idea who he was talking to. Bill Haas seemed overwhelmed in that group and looked scared to death.

Umm, Phil went nuts today. He may not win this but he's put himself in position for a nice pay check.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Umm, Phil went nuts today. He may not win this but he's put himself in position for a nice pay check.

That is a pretty solid round right there. If the course stiffens up a bit and plays tougher he may have a shot.

That is a pretty solid round right there. If the course stiffens up a bit and plays tougher he may have a shot.

I don't think he'll win dude but he didn't give up. I love that about him.

I don't think he'll win dude but he didn't give up. I love that about him.

He could have pulled up lame and quit like a few other athletes we know. And some love TMex.

Yes. Phil is amazing. He will win because he is the best.

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

I'm a Phil homer but I don't think he'll win this week.

Whats this? One says no and one says Phil is the best? FIGHT.

I think Phil needs a hair cut. Guess he needs to win first so he can afford one?

TC, how can you be such a big fan of Lefty and not think he will win every second of every day? I pick Phil for all of the contests, picks, etc here and will continue to do so until he doesn't play on the PGA Tour anymore.

I guess that makes sense though because I AM his #1 fan. :)

Now that is funny, Did the crowd gove it to him? I've been witness to these mental lapses by the pros and its funny when you think about it. Chalk it up to him having a bad day off the golf course.

Everyone was kind of looking around awkwardly at each other. Then when everyone realized that no one was really moving that he was kind of using it as an excuse or whatever his thought process was.... everyone started trying not to laugh. Some snickering definitely took place.

Everyone was kind of looking around awkwardly at each other. Then when everyone realized that no one was really moving that he was kind of using it as an excuse or whatever his thought process was.... everyone started trying not to laugh. Some snickering definitely took place.

Tell me that you wore the PING hat and still had your beard going when you went to the tournament yesterday! Did anyone mistake you for Mahan out there? :D

Phil shot a really good round out there, but when it's all said and done, I don't think he'll be very high up the leaderboard. Everyone is going under par today, I think they've set the course up a little easier today and will go harder for the final round tomorrow.

TC, how can you be such a big fan of Lefty and not think he will win every second of every day? I pick Phil for all of the contests, picks, etc here and will continue to do so until he doesn't play on the PGA Tour anymore.

I guess that makes sense though because I AM his #1 fan. :)

I've picked him for every contest I've entered on THP. I love him. Phil the thrill is what got me into golf but he won't win this tourny.

Well Watney is doing me proud. Keep it up kid.

I've picked him for every contest I've entered on THP. I love him. Phil the thrill is what got me into golf but he won't win this tourny.

Yeah you're probably right. Never heard anything wrong with optimism though!

Steve Stricker -2
Dustin Johnson -6
Adam Scott -10

Scott is holding it down for me

Back