Kentwool Tour Profile Socks 2011 Preview

I guess I'm in the minority, but I don't find anything smartwool makes to be abrasive. I have probably 20 pairs of smartwool socks and have never had an issue with them being abrasive and they have always been tremendously comfortable and soft. I would definitely try these out for a reasonable price, but don't see myself shelling out $20 a pair for them.

I think the best ones are the Smartwool PhD and I've found them for about $7 a pair. Some of my pairs are over three years old and still look and wear like they're brand new.

The most comfortable pair of socks that I have, as I mentioned in an earlier post, are Under Armour.
The model is the UA Streamline no show running sock.
Has anyone on here ever tried these socks as well as the Kentwool and Smartwool socks? I'm just wondering how they compare as I can't really see how a sock could be much better than the Streamline.

Thats it I'm stepping into a pair of Kentwool, I gotta see if these are as good as they say. You can't put a price on comfort

---
- Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

What are the laundering instructions for Kentwool and Smartwool ?

For Kentwool they are turn them inside out, wash normal and dry low heat. My wife's smartwools I just throw in the same way.

I bought a pair of these today and will be trying them out this weekend for the first time. I will post my findings on Monday!

no but it was bad getting out of the pool.....

these shouldn't shrink if you low heat them but I think it's safer to air dry them.....heat and wool don't always go together

Any shrinkage issues after drying ?

I must admit to never thinking that a performance sock could improve my golf.

Next season's must have will be boxer shorts made from some spaceage fabric for extra GROIN POWER next!

Yes it will definitely help get more GIRs. Groins in regulation.

no but it was bad getting out of the pool.....

these shouldn't shrink if you low heat them but I think it's safer to air dry them.....heat and wool don't always go together

Hanks, you must be a Seinfeld fan. LOL

I have to admit I had little faith in "special" golf socks but I really liked these. I played a round on Saturday with the Kentwool socks for the first time. I honestly think it was the most comfortable my feet have been while playing golf. We played 18 on a hot and humid day and although we were riding there was a lot of walking on this course because of their car path only rules. Even when I got home I didn't take the socks off just kind of hung out for a while with them on.

At $20 a pair they are expensive, I probably would have never tried them out if I didn't have a 20 of 100 purchase at Golf Galaxy with only 80 worth of things that I needed. I would definitely recommend them now though.

For the price I expected a better sizing system, fits 8-12 is ridiculous in my book. I wear size 9 shoes so know these wouldn't fit my feet at all unless I like part of the heel sticking out (they all end up that way). I think I'll check out Swiftwick.

For the price I expected a better sizing system, fits 8-12 is ridiculous in my book. I wear size 9 shoes so know these wouldn't fit my feet at all unless I like part of the heel sticking out (they all end up that way). I think I'll check out Swiftwick.

Aren't most socks sized like that anyway? It's not like you can go into a store and buy just a size
9 pair or just a size 10 1/2 pair right?

---
- ^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Last edited:
Aren't most socks sized like that anyway? It's not like you can't go into a store and buy just a size

---

Good point. Plus these have spandex in them so they stretch according to size.

I do think that most socks come this way but I bought the large 8-12 and I wear at 13 shoe and these fit perfect, we'll see how they do after they are washed

Exactly. I think people see the price tag and are overly critical about every detail because of that.

---

Exactly. I think people see the price tag and are overly critical about every detail because of that.

---
People pay $400 for a driver. What's $20 for a pair of socks then?

Aren't most socks sized like that anyway? It's not like you can go into a store and buy just a size

---

I do think that most socks come this way but I bought the large 8-12 and I wear at 13 shoe and these fit perfect, we'll see how they do after they are washed

Most socks you can get in different sizes, rarely in exact sizes (there are some though).
For instance:
Kentwool: Has 3 sizes, http://www.kentwool.com/shop/CatalogList.aspx?ID=1, Medium 5-7.5, Large 8-12, and X-Large 12-15
Swiftwick: Has 4 sizes, http://www.swiftwick.com/Company-Info/faq.htm, Small 3-5.5, Medium 6-9.5, Large 10-13, and X-Large 13.5-16
Generally, most stores only carry the large size in men's but good sporting stores will have the different sizes. I can find Nike, Under Armor and New Balance in one size smaller than the general size and that size is normally max size 9 so my foot fits the largest size and the socks don't deform. Most Larger socks (even those with spandex) I find deform fairly quickly so that the heel cup of the sock starts to ride around the achilles and that makes for uncomfortable socks and blisters.

Back