Korn Ferry Tour 58

Sean

Earthbound Extraterrestrial
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Frankie Capan shot an opening round 58 yesterday at the Veritex Bank Championship. In one eight-hole stretch he shot -9 at the Texas Rangers Golf Club. Apparently Scheffler shot a 59 there during a casual round a few years ago.

That's crazy stuff. If you look at the Zurich the lowest score yesterday was a 61, and that was with two players. Be curious to see what Capan shoots today.

Amazing round from him!

Frankie Capan shot an opening round 58 yesterday at the Veritex Bank Championship. In one eight-hole stretch he shot -9 at the Texas Rangers Golf Club. Apparently Scheffler shot a 59 there during a casual round a few years ago.

That's crazy stuff. If you look at the Zurich the lowest score yesterday was a 61, and that was with two players. Be curious to see what Capan shoots today.
It’s rare that , a round of that magnitude is followed by something of equal level though . But he can forever say “ the day l shot a 58 “ and listen to gasps of admiration

Great for him . But agree with hard to follow up another good round .

That’s impressive

I see that he’s -4 in his second round with 2 holes to play. The leader after 2 rounds is at 124 (64 60).

58 is just unreal golf. Can't imagine being in that zone

My home course has a 9 hole short course with yardages ranging from 48 to 100 yards, the average being about 75 yards. The best I've played 18 holes is -5. This guy shoots a 58 from 7000+ in a tournament. These guys aren't good, they're great.

I’ve shot 58 many times…through 11 holes.

Back