Krank Golf - Do They Work Or Is It Just Hype?

golfinnut

DANNY LE! WHAT A GUY!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
HEAT!

So with all this talk of distance, Long Drive contestants have long used the Krank drivers. They swear by them & really promote their distance. They even make "Non-Conforming" drivers, for those that "want to just enjoy the game with your friends, husband, wife, or significant other." Or you can buy their conforming driver if you play in competition.

So who has played one of these?
If they are so good, why don't players on the Tour play them?
They endorse Long Drive Champions, so why not PGA Players?
They still claim that it's "all about the spring effect" in order to get distance.
What's all the hype about?

Krank_Ad.jpg

I played a 4 man in North Dallas recently where a WLD guy was there raising money for a charity on one of the holes.

He would hit a few shots and he happened to be a Krank guy. He said the driver he uses conforms to USGA and it's within parameters.

He said the major difference is the thickness of the face....doesn't bounce as much allowing them to gain more distance with the increased swing speeds. Plus his driver was like 48" or whatever the max is.....I could have mis heard him but it all made sense at the time.

He only hit his drives around 360 when we were sitting there.

Everyone that I have seen bag a Krank driver couldn't hit a fairway if they depended on it. Sure, the ball was long, but it was long in the sh*t

I cannot imagine that the face of a Krank is any hotter than the typical brands. Its a test I wouldn't mind doing but if its USGA approved, it can only be so hot.

I hit a Krank driver from like 3 years ago. Other than it being ungodly loud, it wasn't a bad club. In fact, I think my boss still uses that driver.

They have to make the faces thicker for the long drive guys. From what we've been told, a stock driver would last for just a few shots at 150+ club speeds before the face caved in. But what Krank sells to the public isn't their thick faced long drive version.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Check out the loft options for the LD version. lol
7311a49643d9c6fa2b8b3a59f3048772.jpg

Theres a 6* and 7.5* version as well, just didn't make the screenshot. 7.5* is the highest loft available in the LD version.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yeah man .... 3* I might hit it about knee high! (y)

Bumping this after Brysons dominance this weekend. Anyone play one of these?

Would be interesting to see direct comparisons between the Krank drivers and the "big market" drivers.

Bumping this after Brysons dominance this weekend. Anyone play one of these?

I bet it will bring them a lot of attention and sales. I wish they had more shaft options on their website. Better off buying a head and taking it into a fitter.

I bet it will bring them a lot of attention and sales. I wish they had more shaft options on their website. Better off buying a head and taking it into a fitter.
Will it result in a lot of sales though? Not a ton of golfers out there who can hit 175+ mph ball speed

Will it result in a lot of sales though? Not a ton of golfers out there who can hit 175+ mph ball speed

golf equipment doesn’t have to work for a player to sell. It just has to make a player THINK that it will work for them. 🤣🤣🤣

they make stuff for 85-105 swing speed and <85 swing speed also. Non-conforming so probably built to have 1.5+++ smash factor on hood hits.

Bryson said its the best driver he's hit in the last 5 years 🤷‍♂️.

Bryson is a weird dude when it comes to clubs. He is also high speed. What works for Bryson and the LD guys, will not work for 99.5% of us (estimate). I saw one of his old Cobra drivers where he was shaving the face.... weird.

If you watched the Bryson v Phil youtube match. He talked about the driver having more bulge and roll. That would mean that toe and heel should "correct" more. So maybe they are on to something. I honestly dont know. I would think that all these OEM with large R&D budgets have tested all numbers of bulge and roll and come to numbers they think are optimal.

I also think that Bryson saying it is the best driver he has hit in years is a bit of an intentional slam on Cobra..

I am sure they will have a mini run on drivers and in 3 months you will see a decent amount in used bins.

He only hit his drives around 360 when we were sitting there.

You see. then that driver would be no good for me. When I now take my driver out on a 250yd par 4, I may be only 30 yds short of the green (assuming I hit it right). If I hit that bad boy right, I would be 100 yds over the green!:p

House of Forged, made by L.A. Golf, shafts are also big on the long drive tour. I bought one of their premium shafts on ebay, one made for normal folk, and it's long, perhaps 10 yards past the Ping OEM Alta shaft and the aftermarket Hzrdous I have. I don't doubt Krank drivers are long but straight is another story.

The good thing is the driver heads can be used on shafts set up for Callaway...............same adapter. Only difference is Callaway uses 2 adjustment sleeves, Krank uses 3.

For the price of just the head, with their sale right now.............$279 is a steal.

The good thing is the driver heads can be used on shafts set up for Callaway...............same adapter. Only difference is Callaway uses 2 adjustment sleeves, Krank uses 3.

For the price of just the head, with their sale right now.............$279 is a steal.
That, is pretty wild and cool. The adapter, not the price.

If you watched the Bryson v Phil youtube match. He talked about the driver having more bulge and roll. That would mean that toe and heel should "correct" more. So maybe they are on to something. I honestly dont know. I would think that all these OEM with large R&D budgets have tested all numbers of bulge and roll and come to numbers they think are optimal.

I also think that Bryson saying it is the best driver he has hit in years is a bit of an intentional slam on Cobra..
That's my takeaway too...

Which is hilarious because Bryson had a LOT of input on things...

Which is hilarious because Bryson had a LOT of input on things...
the faux physicist with a convenient memory (n)

Back