NEWS LA Golf - Struggling

Over priced stuff in an already saturated market isn't a very good business model.

Their marketing and approach always confused me. Hate to hear of any company failing, especially at this time of year, but can't say it shocks me. As much as we talk about getting fit for the right equipment, most recreational golfers don't. And with the costs involved compared to buying off the rack... you have to be real committed to custom fitting.

IMG_1748.png

As someone who really liked their iron shafts, I gotta say this company has lost me. The marketing is so cringe and flat out weird. I dont know who they're trying to appeal and market to.

The golf ball sucked, the putters are the worst putters ive ever felt, and looks like they raised the price on the iron shafts from $120 to $145.

As someone who really liked their iron shafts, I gotta say this company has lost me. The marketing is so cringe and flat out weird. I dont know who they're trying to appeal and market to.

The golf ball sucked, the putters are the worst putters ive ever felt, and looks like they raised the price on the iron shafts from $120 to $145.
You should’ve seen their booth at the show. Red carpet and velvet roles they had to let you in 🤣

You should’ve seen their booth at the show. Red carpet and velvet roles they had to let you in 🤣
Oscars Hollywood GIF by The Academy Awards

Sounds boujie.

I think it’s called the Lifestyle brand strategy.

Not surprised at all. The prices of their stuff… really??? Is it better than the 1000 other shafts out there that are considerably less money? For the prices of their stuff you should hit it 500 off the tee and make every putt.

My wife was initially fitted to an LA Golf Shaft for driver at Club Champion last Spring. As teachers that was very much out of the budget, but it performed well for her, providing just enough stiffness in the mid section and butt but having a little give in the tip for her launch.

After some comparisons, she actually wound up in the Hzrdus silver, which was stock last year for her driver! I think they have some great products, but do they stand out from others for the price they are charging? Probably not.

Didn't they also buy Matrix Golf which itself had been struggling? Matrix was another company that got some traction, but also seemed weirdly focused on the ultra premium space and had a few, loud bro-ey influencers.

I don't follow them a lot but i dont really get the brand as others have pointed out. I don't think the guys that find this style of brand appealing are the ones with money to buy it. And the bros with money to buy this stuff i don't think care enough about golf. But that's just me

I think the only place I've even seen a LA Golf shaft in person was at a club champion fitting seeing it on the wall but wasn't a shaft the fitter had me try. I don't know that they made the splash that they were hoping for but crazy if the ship is sinking this fast

Didn't they also buy Matrix Golf which itself had been struggling? Matrix was another company that got some traction, but also seemed weirdly focused on the ultra premium space and had a few, loud bro-ey influencers.

I don't follow them a lot but i dont really get the brand as others have pointed out. I don't think the guys that find this style of brand appealing are the ones with money to buy it. And the bros with money to buy this stuff i don't think care enough about golf. But that's just me
Not really.
When we broke that story there was a lot of misinformation out there. Matrix itself was not purchased, they closed. In fact employees showed up to find the doors locked. They went into receivership and what has become LA Golf purchased much of the equipment that Matrix owned, and took over their lease in the building in Anaheim.

That is a bit of a generalization, but how it went down in simple terms.

Or VIP areas in 80's where drug dealers hung out (according to Griselda on Netflix at least)

I enjoy my LA Golf driver shaft. I did pick it up from Peoples Golf shop and was not full price.

Back