Lady Precept iQ+ Testing Thread

For me they check up more then the e6's. I have a hard time getting spin on a ball and have been able to get some spin on the precepts. KellyBo and MaryC are you noticing the precepts checking up more?

I don't play the E6 so can't say but I would imagine it would. It checked up a little better than the Trispeed and they are similar balls. I haven't played anywhere with soft greens yet so it's hard for me to compare with our firm greens. I'll report back when I go to Chateau Elan and Barnsley Gardens later in the month. They are both going to be great tests for that.

For me they check up more then the e6's. I have a hard time getting spin on a ball and have been able to get some spin on the precepts. KellyBo and MaryC are you noticing the precepts checking up more?

Nerfny I'm definitely getting more spin & check up with the Precepts vs my e6, NXT, and B330-rx. The spin on the Precepts is about equal to the spin I get when I play the B330-rxs but I hit the Precept i+ about 10yds further than the B330-rxs.

Thanks nerfny (and kellybo and maryc)! I also find it a little difficult to get enough short game spin with the e6's. It's usually not a problem but there are times when I'd need to stop the ball quickly. I'm definitely going to get a box to try out!!

Thanks nerfny (and kellybo and maryc)! I also find it a little difficult to get enough short game spin with the e6's. It's usually not a problem but there are times when I'd need to stop the ball quickly. I'm definitely going to get a box to try out!!

Glad we could help.

Ok, got the old version of the iQ Plus returned and found the new ones in Macon tonight. I'm happy! OG sure was scoping out the pink balls though. I told him he would have to buy his own!

DSCF9797.jpg

Ok, got the old version of the iQ Plus returned and found the new ones in Macon tonight. I'm happy! OG sure was scoping out the pink balls though. I told him he would have to buy his own!

DSCF9797.jpg

The new packaging stands out a lot more then last years but I like it.

Sweet!

Thanks, Ladies! I've been playing the E6, then won some of last years Precept IQs in league. They were OK, but I thought I liked the feel of the E6 a little better. But after reading your reviews (do you know how hard it is to find reviews of ladies equipment?) I decided to give these a try. I'm so glad I found this site, and I'm glad I listened to you! Easily 10-15 more yards off the tee, and more yards off irons and woods, too. I'll have to think that part through a little more to choose the right club, but that's not necessarily a bad problem to have, I'm thinking...

Thanks, Ladies! I've been playing the E6, then won some of last years Precept IQs in league. They were OK, but I thought I liked the feel of the E6 a little better. But after reading your reviews (do you know how hard it is to find reviews of ladies equipment?) I decided to give these a try. I'm so glad I found this site, and I'm glad I listened to you! Easily 10-15 more yards off the tee, and more yards off irons and woods, too. I'll have to think that part through a little more to choose the right club, but that's not necessarily a bad problem to have, I'm thinking...

GG does a ton of reviews. If you look at the home page there is a section called Golf for Women.

Edit: You can also ask GG to review equipment here. http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?651-What-would-you-like-Golfer-Gal-to-review

Last edited:
Golf league night I can't wait to go out and play with these.

OG and I went on an out of town trip with another couple today. I have been bragging about the iQ+ balls to the lady and offered to let her play one during our round. She was playing a Pro V1 ball and said she would like to try it later in the round. She hit a decent shot from about 100 yards out but I really thought she could hit the iQ+ much better so I threw one down by her and asked her to hit it for comparison. She hit it so well that her eyes lit up and she got excited and said "WOW". I gave her the ball which she played for the rest of the round. She kept going on and on about how much she loved this ball.

On our way back, she asked her husband to stop by Edwin Watts so she could buy a dozen Precept iQ+. Unfortunately all they had were last year's balls so I gave her a sleeve of mine for now. She is playing in a tournament with me tomorrow and insisted that she have this ball.

OG and I went on an out of town trip with another couple today. I have been bragging about the iQ+ balls to the lady and offered to let her play one during our round. She was playing a Pro V1 ball and said she would like to try it later in the round. She hit a decent shot from about 100 yards out but I really thought she could hit the iQ+ much better so I threw one down by her and asked her to hit it for comparison. She hit it so well that her eyes lit up and she got excited and said "WOW". I gave her the ball which she played for the rest of the round. She kept going on and on about how much she loved this ball.

On our way back, she asked her husband to stop by Edwin Watts so she could buy a dozen Precept iQ+. Unfortunately all they had were last year's balls so I gave her a sleeve of mine for now. She is playing in a tournament with me tomorrow and insisted that she have this ball.

That's awesome! I have noticed more and more women in my golf league playing either this years or last years ball since I brag about how much I love them.

That's awesome! I have noticed more and more women in my golf league playing either this years or last years ball since I brag about how much I love them.

It's b/c you're so wonderful.

I :love: U!

Sorry I have been MIA in here my allergies have absolutely been wrecking havic with me lately. I have been playing around with the precepts in my living room putting because being outside is painful. My eyes have been so bloodshot and painful it made it hard to see. So putting in the living room has been what I have been limited to.

I have been comparing this to the Nike Karma's first thing besides the softer feel of the precepts is the sound. The Karma has a very clicky sound to it. I have been using the different putters that are lining out wall in the living room. No matter what putter I have tried it with I love the precept over the karma. You have to understand up until may when I bought my first box of last years model of the precept the nike karma was my ball. It is still a good ball but the soft feel of the precept is just too good to pass up.

I'm hoping my allergies will behave tonight so I can get out and golf in my league.

Nerfny, hope your allergies are feeling better soon! I know that the ragweed has been awful because it was playing havoc with my nose and eyes in N. Michigan the past two weeks.

Like Nerfny, I've been MIA from this thread because I've been on vacation in far Northern Michigan at my folk's place where they don't have high speed internet and trying to post on a 28kbs dial up was well frankly so painful I would rather have two root canals....

BUT, on the good news front, I've spent the last two weeks doing nothing but play golf almost every day I could and have been playing almost exclusively with the Precept iQ+ with a little bit of play with the Bridgestone e5 and e6. I also hit a few of my Dad's Pro V1s. I'm in the middle of compiling a complete stat comparison of rounds for the last two weeks and the notes I kept while playing along with course condition notes. I'll be posting a really long post about that later tonight or tomorrow depending on how long it takes me to get through my work emails this afternoon.

Let me just say, I'm still loving the feel and control I get with the Precept iQ+, especially off my irons and putter. I think my distance is still better than with the NXT and e6 but have found I'm getting about 5-10 more yds with the e5. I also like the flight pattern I'm getting with the e5 better than the Precept iQ+, which tends to be a bit more mid trajectory balloon than I like. There have been a few "quirks" I've uncovered with the extensive play I've been giving the ball that I want to have the data to show.

Nothing that wouldn't still make me say I would play the Precept iQ+ regularly, just some things that I think people should know about so they can make informed decisions about playing the ball and if the ball is the right ball for them.

Nerfny, hope your allergies are feeling better soon! I know that the ragweed has been awful because it was playing havoc with my nose and eyes in N. Michigan the past two weeks.

Like Nerfny, I've been MIA from this thread because I've been on vacation in far Northern Michigan at my folk's place where they don't have high speed internet and trying to post on a 28kbs dial up was well frankly so painful I would rather have two root canals....

BUT, on the good news front, I've spent the last two weeks doing nothing but play golf almost every day I could and have been playing almost exclusively with the Precept iQ+ with a little bit of play with the Bridgestone e5 and e6. I also hit a few of my Dad's Pro V1s. I'm in the middle of compiling a complete stat comparison of rounds for the last two weeks and the notes I kept while playing along with course condition notes. I'll be posting a really long post about that later tonight or tomorrow depending on how long it takes me to get through my work emails this afternoon.

Let me just say, I'm still loving the feel and control I get with the Precept iQ+, especially off my irons and putter. I think my distance is still better than with the NXT and e6 but have found I'm getting about 5-10 more yds with the e5. I also like the flight pattern I'm getting with the e5 better than the Precept iQ+, which tends to be a bit more mid trajectory balloon than I like. There have been a few "quirks" I've uncovered with the extensive play I've been giving the ball that I want to have the data to show.

Nothing that wouldn't still make me say I would play the Precept iQ+ regularly, just some things that I think people should know about so they can make informed decisions about playing the ball and if the ball is the right ball for them.

I can't wait to see your break down between the different balls. Hope you had a good trip.

Well last night after my round I did a huge write up on my round and then for some reason the computer jumped back to the previous page and I lost everything I wrote up. Okay with that said into my round.

So I think hurricane Irene has some serious impact on the course causing it to have some impact on the results I was seeing between the e6 and the precept.

Last night I was getting much more role out from the e6 compared to the precept. I think a lot of it had to do with the course being saturated and the fact the the e6 is a harder ball. Of course my playing partner for the night someone who I had never played with before was playing the slazenger raw ladies ball against the precept. She has always been the female player that played whatever balls her husband gave her. After all of my raving about the precept she decided to go buy herself a box of balls. She easily saw an extra 10 yards off the tee. Of course she struggle with what every golfer does of hitting a fade or a slice. I think a lot her problem there is ball position and sometimes she chicken wings is during her swing.

This is also a women who I think would benefit from a set of ladies irons, she is currently playing a set of mens clubs her husband picked up for her at a yard sale. I think this explains her not really seeing a differnce in distance with her irons. On a few hole I had her hit my clubs and she easily saw an extra 10 yards on the precept compared to the s-raw.

Personally I found the pink precept easier to find the s-raw pink ball when we were looking for her balls.

When it came to putting she said she liked the precept more because she thought it was more forgiving when she mishit her putts.

It was really nice to see a golfer who only gets out 3 times a year if that have results just by changing up the ball she is playing. I didn't pay attention to my own play as much last night because she was asking for my help. Like many couples who play together they have the love hate relationship on the course. She loves playing with her husband but hates the way he gives instruction on course. On the bright side she said she wanted to go buy another box of the precepts and she planned on joining my ladies league next summer. All in all a successful round of golf.

OK, I finally have more than ten minutes so I can post about my golf the past several weeks. For those who are interested, I use Golfshot App on my iphone to track my stats. I also keep notes on my phone's notepad function. I then dump it into and excel spreadsheet I created to keep track of my stats.

Since receiving the Precept iQ+ I've played 19 full rounds of golf. In full disclosure, I've lost all the balls I received to test but have purchased two boxes of the current year Precept iQ+.

Twelve of the 18 hole rounds of golf were played exclusively with the Precept, four of the remaining rounds were played half with Precepts and half with another ball (e6, B-330RX, Pro V1, and NXT), the remaining five rounds were played exclusively with another ball (e6, e5, B-330RX, Pro V1, NXT) I also spent about 15 hours working in the short game area of my club in the sand pit and on the putting green.

I played tees that had me playing 5300- 5700 yd rounds.

18 hole Score Stats with the Precept iQ+: High score - 104 Low score - 92. My average score 97.

18 hole Score Stats with other balls: e6 - 99, e5 - 95, B-330RX - 97, Pro V1 - 101, NXT - 99

9 Hole Score Stats Precept iQ+: High Score 59, Low Score 46 Average 48
9 Hole Score Stats with other balls: e6 - 49, B-330RX - 51, Pro-V1 - 55, NXT - 45

Drive Distance Stats (only drives that stayed in fairway and using the driver): Longest 181 (e5) Shortest 142 (Pro V1) Average distance with Precept iQ+ - 168.5 (shortest was 155, longest was 172)

GIR Stats: Precept iQ+ 55%, e5 58%, e6 51%, B-330RX 47%, ProV1 49%, NXT 51%

Distance to the Hole around the green (30yd or less): Precept iQ+ 16', Other Balls - 21'

Distance to the hole from fairway (30yd +): Precept iQ 29', Other Balls - 23'

Average Sand Saves: Precept iQ+ 32%, Other Balls 36%

Putts Per Round: Precept iQ+ 36, Other Balls 37

So my impressions about the ball after playing with it for almost a full month:

I'm still really liking playing with the Precept iQ+. I love how it feels off my irons, wedges around the green, and putter. I will admit I like the e5 better off my driver because it feels more "solid" for me. I also like the extra little distance I get from the e5 which means I have a better chance of hitting the green in regulation. I think the Precept iQ+ really shines in the 140yds and in because of the soft feel and control I get with it.

Where I am discovering the Precept iQ+ is lacking, for me anyways, is in the sand. The ball feels so soft off the wedge that I have found myself overcompensating and as a result, have either sculled the ball more or flown the green on my out. That being said, when I hit a really good sand shot, the Precept iQ+ checks up really nicely.

I also don't like the roll out I get with the Precept iQ+ on softer fairways. We've had a lot of rain around CT this past month and I definitely have noticed when I hit two balls side by side on the fairways, I get more roll out with a harder feeling ball, especially the B-330RX and Pro V1. Not full stats on this but I would estimate it is a full 5 - 10 yds of difference. Even on the hard fairways I played last week in Michigan I got more roll out with the e5.

I am still going to be keep playing the Precept iQ+ as my primary ball, especially on courses that require me to have good control on the 150 yd and in because of small greens or narrow approaches to the green. I just love how it feels for 80% of the shots I'm making.

However, I am putting the e5 into my bag as well. Last month, when I played with Mr. Golf4Life and Hanks in Reading, they both were impressed with how far and straight I was hitting the e5 and the stats from the rounds the past month with the e5 bare out that I would be foolish to not have it as one of my tools, especially on longer courses that I play from time to time.

I have always liked the softer feel of the golf ball… For a while now I have been playing the Pinnacle Ribbons, not until one day when I found I had another Callaway Pearl left and played a few rounds did I realize the difference a ball can make in ones game. I decided to switch back to my Callaway Pearl until I realized that, sadly, it has been discontinued. I was back at square one, reading what limited information there was online regarding ladies balls I was starting to get frustrated. I had read this thread and started to ponder the Precept IQ+. The hubby (flooder) went to a Bridgestone fitting and brought me back The FIXX and the Precept iq plus. We went out and played a few rounds and on the tee, both went the same distance but the Precept had a much better trajectory and sound off the driver. The problem came on on the fairways with my woods. I would lay them side by side, not knowing which ball was which, and EVERY time, I could not get the Precept in the air and the The Fixx would be the better ball. I was perplexed because almost every review on here from the ladies was a raving one about the Precept. SO I started investigating and realized that the ball the hubby got at the fitting was last year’s Precept (Precept IQ PLUS not the Precept IQ+). .. I couldn’t figure out why my ball was just white, no pretty color, finish etc.. then I made the discovery. Maybe the balls from the fitting were old or they could be that different…who knows

Fast forward to today….I decided to bite the bullet and go buy a box of the Precept IQ+ going solely on the reviews here and not on my experience with the other Precept and boy and I glad I did.. I found my new ball! Thanks Ladies! That ball feels amazing off the tee, nice and high. I have haven’t hit my irons better, the ball just springs off the club face. The soft cover feels fantastic chipping and putting too!

I have always liked the softer feel of the golf ball… For a while now I have been playing the Pinnacle Ribbons, not until one day when I found I had another Callaway Pearl left and played a few rounds did I realize the difference a ball can make in ones game. I decided to switch back to my Callaway Pearl until I realized that, sadly, it has been discontinued. I was back at square one, reading what limited information there was online regarding ladies balls I was starting to get frustrated. I had read this thread and started to ponder the Precept IQ+. The hubby (flooder) went to a Bridgestone fitting and brought me back The FIXX and the Precept iq plus. We went out and played a few rounds and on the tee, both went the same distance but the Precept had a much better trajectory and sound off the driver. The problem came on on the fairways with my woods. I would lay them side by side, not knowing which ball was which, and EVERY time, I could not get the Precept in the air and the The Fixx would be the better ball. I was perplexed because almost every review on here from the ladies was a raving one about the Precept. SO I started investigating and realized that the ball the hubby got at the fitting was last year’s Precept (Precept IQ PLUS not the Precept IQ+). .. I couldn’t figure out why my ball was just white, no pretty color, finish etc.. then I made the discovery. Maybe the balls from the fitting were old or they could be that different…who knows

Fast forward to today….I decided to bite the bullet and go buy a box of the Precept IQ+ going solely on the reviews here and not on my experience with the other Precept and boy and I glad I did.. I found my new ball! Thanks Ladies! That ball feels amazing off the tee, nice and high. I have haven’t hit my irons better, the ball just springs off the club face. The soft cover feels fantastic chipping and putting too!

I'm so glad our reviews helped you find your golf ball! Keep us in the loop how you do with it in the bag.

So I've finally found what I like about last years ball over the newer precept. Now that fall is beginning to set in up here in the Northeast, I've found that last years pink is much brighter and stands out much more to me. I was playing with Ddec and he noticed as well that last years pink was easier to spot in the grass with the leaves starting to fall.:sad: On the bright side it will be really pretty in 12 days for our wedding:joy:with the leaves changing.

So I've finally found what I like about last years ball over the newer precept. Now that fall is beginning to set in up here in the Northeast, I've found that last years pink is much brighter and stands out much more to me. I was playing with Ddec and he noticed as well that last years pink was easier to spot in the grass with the leaves starting to fall.:sad: On the bright side it will be really pretty in 12 days for our wedding:joy:with the leaves changing.

My wife plays the older version and I do love how bright the pink is. On the down side... Your leaves are already changing? That just sucks!

My wife plays the older version and I do love how bright the pink is. On the down side... Your leaves are already changing? That just sucks!

I actually think getting all the rain from Irene pushed some of our trees to start changing earlier. But on the bright side it has been that fall weather I love. Warm days cool nights!!

I'm so glad our reviews helped you find your golf ball! Keep us in the loop how you do with it in the bag.

They helped a lot! I figured if all the ladies here liked them, how could I not :)

Back