LASIK Surgery Today

Lasik is done and was money well spent. In less than 18 hours I had 20/20 vision in they only expect it to get better. First day was a bit painful/uncomfortable, but after that it was fantastic. Lots of drops, sunglasses for a couple more days and no golf for 5 more days. After that, it is smooth sailing.

Awesome. I remember waking up the next day and seeing the clock across the room for the first time ever withot glasses. An incredible day....and feeling.

Awesome. I remember waking up the next day and seeing the clock across the room for the first time ever withot glasses. An incredible day....and feeling.

+1.

I'm 51 and had mine done just before New Year. 20/20 is great, and I've even forgotten what it was like to have to wear glasses or contacts.

Money well spent.

What is the reason for no golf for 5 days? I was able to do anything I wanted the next day.

I could see no boxing, or deep sea diving, but golf?

Congrats. My dad and my uncle had it done, and both said it was the best money you could possibly spend. Although I like wearing glasses, and think they look good on me, I can't wait to get LASIK. It'll be so nice to be able to wear a standard pair of sunglasses again!

Congrats. My dad and my uncle had it done, and both said it was the best money you could possibly spend. Although I like wearing glasses, and think they look good on me, I can't wait to get LASIK. It'll be so nice to be able to wear a standard pair of sunglasses again!

Wow, I think you are the first person I've ever seen say that! How bad are your eyes?

What is the reason for no golf for 5 days? I was able to do anything I wanted the next day.

I could see no boxing, or deep sea diving, but golf?

I am very limited for the first week. No physical activity of any kind. It is just to ensure that the flap does not wrinkle. I have to wear sunglasses while I am awake up until tomorrow, sleeping shields so I don't rub my eyes, can't drive until Monday, no swimming for 2 weeks, no contact sports for a month, no shower for 3 days, lots of fun stuff.

It definitely bothers me that I can't golf, but it will be worth it in the end.

My vision is getting better everyday. I feel like I can see in HD. Nothing has ever looked like this. I really cannot stop smiling. Tomorrow is the biggest change in what I can do. I lose the sunglasses, stop one type of drops, do the other two types much less, shower, sleep without shields, and can drive again. I just wish I could drive golf balls, not the car.

I would love to get this done in the future, but lately I've developed 'Allergic Conjunctivitis' due to the hayfever. Would this have any effect??

You would have to ask your doc. I was under the laser, not controlling it lol

I am very limited for the first week. No physical activity of any kind. It is just to ensure that the flap does not wrinkle. I have to wear sunglasses while I am awake up until tomorrow, sleeping shields so I don't rub my eyes, can't drive until Monday, no swimming for 2 weeks, no contact sports for a month, no shower for 3 days, lots of fun stuff.

It definitely bothers me that I can't golf, but it will be worth it in the end.

My vision is getting better everyday. I feel like I can see in HD. Nothing has ever looked like this. I really cannot stop smiling. Tomorrow is the biggest change in what I can do. I lose the sunglasses, stop one type of drops, do the other two types much less, shower, sleep without shields, and can drive again. I just wish I could drive golf balls, not the car.

OK, that just seems weird to me. I didn't drive the next day, but the day after I was. No shower? Really? Question for you: How really bad were your eyes before? Reason I ask is because if it was as bad as mine, you are going to flip out when you can take a shower . . . and actually see what the eff you are doing! And you won't have to fumble for your glasses if you have to get up ion the middle of the night to potty.

Still don't get the no golf thing, but hey, listen to your eye doctor.

That is great! Even with the "no list" short term sounds great. I have never had an eye check up until this year and figured since the 50 is a couple years away, better go. Noticed it playing softball, the simplest grounders and pop fly's seemed to me concentrating more and missing what should have been a given. The doctor still said I have 20/20 vision, but had an astigmatism which is very common. I went with contacts but the first two scripts made it worse. After the third I gave up, really need to go back. When I was looking through the "device", when they tweaked it to what it should look like..."HD" is a good term. I want that!

Wishing you all the best during the recovery and that it sticks!

Both times? Did you have one done and then the other one later? I just did both at the same time.

I had the problem with the halos too, but it wasn't too big a deal to me. WHat I found that helped was wearing the yellow tinted sunglasses at night. It helped brighten the night up so my pupils didn't dilate as much. My friend's glasses (he has them for astigmatism (no power to them) helped too.

The place I went to, Wolfe clinic in Iowa, was pricey compared to others but offered a free second op if your first one didn't get you to 20/20 or 20/25. I think one of my eyes went down to 20/30 "only" so I took them up on it. Many thanks for the heads up on the yellow glasses. This only bothers me during astronomy, movies, and night-driving, so I think they will only apply to the latter.

Showered this morning, no sunglasses, no more sleeping shields. Eyes are a bit dry, but that's what the drops are for. Vision has never been better. Life is good.

My favorite parts were waking up and seeing the alarm clock without squinting and also going swimming and seeing underwater for the first time.

Hope all is still well with your LASIK. I'm 48 and had it done a year ago after a lifetime of 20/400+ vision, and while my left eye settled at 20/15 my right eye faded at little to 20/30. Going in Friday for a free enhancement on the right eye. Love the tip about yellow glasses. Gotta try that at night for the slight ghosting. Now if they could just figure out a way to get rid of those little floaty things.

I'm glad it went so well for you. Congrats.

My mum had lasik and I had norma surgery to my eye because of cross-eyedeness, it should be no problem.

Back