Least favorite playing conditions.

What are your least favorite playing conditions?

• 1) a bit too windy

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • 2) a bit too wet

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • 3) a bit too cold

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • 4) a bit too hot

Votes: 8 11.1%

• Total voters
I picked cold, but it's between cold and wet -- and assume we're talking conditions that are somewhat playable.

Being bundled up by more than long sleeve shirt under a quarter zip and a vest is hard to play in.
Playing in any jacket is the worst

They all stink but I hate playing in the wind. I can deal with the heat and cold. Wet is ok if it's not raining.

Cold! Being cold sucks!

I hate playing in the rain most of all.

Wet. There is a lot of forgiveness in firm turf. Soupy makes it tough for me.

What is your least favorite playing condition...?
Cold. Its just not fun to be out there when you have to be all bundled up to where your swing is restricted and where it stings your hands every time you hit the ball.
When I lived in Wisconsin I played plenty of cold weather golf (even played in a blizzard one time) and I will gladly take heat, rain or wind over cold.

Cold, then wet, then windy, then hot.

Wind. I don’t enjoy playing in windy conditions, I don’t mind hot or cold and I play enough in wet conditions.

I chose wet, because I'll play in "wet", but not real fond of it.
I just don't play when it gets cold. Maybe if it gets cold towards sundown, I might get caught "cold" then.

A bit of anything isn't a problem. Too wet, CPO, that's the bane of a golfer's existence. Although soft conditions seem to help most amateurs scoring.

Wet!

Hot. I'm sorry, I don't want to die from heat exhaustion! 97° with 66% humidity level? Pfffffftttt.... "F" that!! My a$$ is staying home, watching golf on TV!

Even though my location says "Richmond, VA" it is just where I retired to and settled down after a career in the military. I am a born, bred, and raised, Yankee from upstate New York! 3 feet of snow... -20° F temperatures... Yeah man! Now you're talking! Ha ha ha... :p

Wet is bad, followed by cold, hot and then windy.

cold, wet, windy

Cold. I hate cold weather and I hate being cold. I hate being bundled up in extra layers and feeling like the Michelin Man. I hate cold, stiff muscles, my nose constantly running and my hands being borderline numb.

Wet is no fun when it's cold, but if it's wet and cold I'm not playing anyway. During the summer I'll play through thunderstorms up until the lightning starts becoming an issue.

Last edited:
I will play in rain but it is a bother trying to keep the glove and grips dry. Casual water, mud, puddles on the green, wet sand … yeech! I own a good rain suit, rain hat, rain gloves, rain cover, etc. If I never need to use them again, I will be happy.

Cold, wind, heat? Bring it on. ;)

Since slow isn’t an option, I’ll go wet

I voted a bit too cold. My back doesn't mix well with a chill. The worst is cold and wet.

But wet alone is no issue for me, thankfully, as long as it's warm, too. I just embrace the soak. Will very rarely use raingear and close to never, an umbrella. Rain gloves work very well for me, so I just surrender to getting sopping wet and play some golf.

Not a fan of being wet.

I puke have said wind in the past. I despise wind. But too wet just isn’t fun anymore

Wet. Cart path only is not good with my physical problems.

Too wet. I can drink water for the heat, wear a long sleeve for cold, but wet is by far the worst.

Too wet. Hate when it absolutely pours.

Back