Leupold GX-3i & GX-4i

It was very easy even with the sun glasses
Interesting. Thats one of my biggest gripes about my Bushnell. Having to take my sunglasses off everytime I need a distance.

Nice write up Freddie. I like having a Laser just in case sometimes. Small ones are a must imo.

Nice little review! It's fun to try new rangefinders and see how they perform against each other. I'm only messed around with a GX-1 in the shop before, so I really don't have an opinion on these. But I hear great things!

Nice write up Freddie! Like the sound of it beeping when you are confirmed on target. Nice little confirmation that you have the correct yardage.

I use a GX-1....same device, just not as accurate and limited to 300 yards. If I ever need to know my exact yardage beyond 300, I will invest in the GX-3.

The "beep" comes from those little prisms that a lot of courses have on the top of their flagsticks. That way you know you have zoomed in on the pin. If there is no prism, then you may need to double check just to make sure you didn't accidentally get the distance to the tree behind the green, but its rarely a problem. Also on the GX-1, the graphics are all in black, but I can still see them fine with my sunglasses on.

It took me less than one round to become addicted to the GX-1. I use it all the time. I feel lost when I don't have it with me, even though I used to be a football ref and I'm an excellent guage of distance using sprinklerheads and what not. I really like having it for those little pitch shots inside of 75 yards. I take two wedges, my putter, and my rangfinder with me, and I'm all set.

I also have a GX 1 and love it. This is a third season I'm using it and I can't imagine playing with out it. Very accurate, I had it compared with Bushnell side by side and it was dead on. Get one, it'll change the way you play the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice write up Freddie. I really really want a rangefinder in a bad way. My On Par GPS took a crap on me so I'm in need of something.

Ripper at this time yes, but I plan on getting some other in my hand before I pull the trigger. If I'm dropping that kinda of coin I need it to love me back

Nice write up Freddie. I really really want a rangefinder in a bad way. My On Par GPS took a crap on me so I'm in need of something.
Thx my P4B, I liked it alot as well as the GX4 jwow had in his hand

I use a GX-1....same device, just not as accurate and limited to 300 yards. If I ever need to know my exact yardage beyond 300, I will invest in the GX-3.

The "beep" comes from those little prisms that a lot of courses have on the top of their flagsticks. That way you know you have zoomed in on the pin. If there is no prism, then you may need to double check just to make sure you didn't accidentally get the distance to the tree behind the green, but its rarely a problem. Also on the GX-1, the graphics are all in black, but I can still see them fine with my sunglasses on.

It took me less than one round to become addicted to the GX-1. I use it all the time. I feel lost when I don't have it with me, even though I used to be a football ref and I'm an excellent guage of distance using sprinklerheads and what not. I really like having it for those little pitch shots inside of 75 yards. I take two wedges, my putter, and my rangfinder with me, and I'm all set.
Thanks for adding that prism comment, I glossed over that

Great writeup Freddie. I am dying to get a laser

I want to correct Tadashi and just point out it was the GX-3i

Hey I'm very accurate with distances to woods behind greens

I have been using a GX-1 for the past 4 years, it actually quit working late last year and would only read 16 yards no matter what you were aiming at. I wrote Leupold and asked about repair as the warranty was expired. They had me send it in for inspection and said they would get with me on cost of repair, it would take about 4 weeks they said. 4 weeks later the postman delivered a brand new GX-1 to me and Leupold did not charge me anything, great customer service if you ever need it.
I too feel lost on the course without my GX-1 with me. Should it ever completely go out I will be looking at the GX-3i for sure.

I see nothing different...maybe laser sensitivity? If that's all my GX3 is safe. Plenty fast and I have no need to know tenths of a yard...inches...useless info for me anyway:act-up:

I also use the GX1 and I love it. I had a Bushnell before it and the GX1 is far superior in every way in my opinion! I am actually going to be selling my GX1 and definitely getting the new Gx3i

I also use the GX1 and I love it. I had a Bushnell before it and the GX1 is far superior in every way in my opinion! I am actually going to be selling my GX1 and definitely getting the new Gx3i

Me and a few guys I play with are the complete opposite, we all prefer the Bushnell V2 to the Leupold offerings. Some actually had the Leupolds and got rid of them to get Bushnells.

What makes the (i) models different from the original gx-3 and 4? When are these scheduled to hit retail? Thanks.

What makes the (i) models different from the original gx-3 and 4? When are these scheduled to hit retail? Thanks.

Full review with the differences coming up soon and I believe they hit retail in mid April.

Cool, thanks, can't wait

Does anyone know the difference between the GX4 and GX4i?

Does anyone know the difference between the GX4 and GX4i?

The new ones the GX3i and GX4i are precise down to 6 inches where as the old one are only precise down to a messily yard :D

Thanks Dr....

I am playing with the new 3xi for the past few weeks so they are out. I wish I had just gotten the 3. The 1/10 of a yard if very distracting because when you are looking through the device and trying to get a reading it keeps changing 1/10th of a yard instead of pinpointing a number and having the number freeze. It seems to be quicker than my original Leupold 1

Back