Little Wedge Project

Well after a morning of searching I finally found this thread, to bad I can't print the sucker off to use tonight. As to the soaking in coke, can I do that with the shaft still in the club since I do not have a puller, FWIW I don't care about the shaft since I'm sending this off to Vibrant. Second, is there a limit to how long I can soak it? Wedge in question is a well rusted 588, not sure what the original finish was other than not being chrome.

Well after a morning of searching I finally found this thread, to bad I can't print the sucker off to use tonight. As to the soaking in coke, can I do that with the shaft still in the club since I do not have a puller, FWIW I don't care about the shaft since I'm sending this off to Vibrant. Second, is there a limit to how long I can soak it? Wedge in question is a well rusted 588, not sure what the original finish was other than not being chrome.

Yes you can.

The best thing is, be patient and make sure the club head is completely submerged.

When i had my Black Nike VR Forged wedge it was well rusted and a couple hours of soaking in coke took care of all the rust, just make sure not to submerge the ferrul, have been told bad things will hapen if you do lol

Yes you can.

The best thing is, be patient and make sure the club head is completely submerged.

Great, one thing I have is patience :)

When i had my Black Nike VR Forged wedge it was well rusted and a couple hours of soaking in coke took care of all the rust, just make sure not to submerge the ferrul, have been told bad things will hapen if you do lol

LOL, not worried about the ferrule as a hi-rev shaft is going in soon after I refinish the head.

Great, one thing I have is patience :)

LOL, not worried about the ferrule as a hi-rev shaft is going in soon after I refinish the head.

Well then soak away my friend soak away lol

To JB or anyone else that may know. On my other 588 that is the chrome finish, can I take something like Scotch Brite to the surface and dull it from shiny to something more like a satin? There may be even something better like an auto-body rouge that will work as well if anyone has suggestions. I don't mind the chrome really, but I would like to take the edge of the finish if possible then redo the paint fill.

Any ideas?

To JB or anyone else that may know. On my other 588 that is the chrome finish, can I take something like Scotch Brite to the surface and dull it from shiny to something more like a satin? There may be even something better like an auto-body rouge that will work as well if anyone has suggestions. I don't mind the chrome really, but I would like to take the edge of the finish if possible then redo the paint fill.

Any ideas?

You could take a light sanding to it. I would not recommend anything to harsh.

You could take a light sanding to it. I would not recommend anything to harsh.

Ok, would you recommend a wet sanding with fine paper or would I be ok with leaving it dry? Sorry to keep bugging you on ya'lls big day!

But since ya'll are in Orlando :)

10563.gif

Ok, would you recommend a wet sanding with fine paper or would I be ok with leaving it dry? Sorry to keep bugging you on ya'lls big day!

I have to say I am not a fan of doing it at all (just a personal thing), but if I were to do it, I would do it dry and just use a mild paper.

Just saw this thread for the first time. I like how the wedge turned out and love the creativity on the finish. Looks like some of those high end putters and shafts in your collection.

Just took the black oxide finish off of my Bridgestone J38. It was rusting unevenly and was just straight ugly. Played it a little bit, and it is not glare-y at all. I will be happy once it gets a nice patina on it, but the brushed steel look is quite nice.

Back