DufferToo

101 Putters and Holding
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Putters
I have been considering changing up my bag and using a hybrid in place of a fairway off the deck.

What are the longest hybrids you've hit, regardless of brand?

I have been considering changing up my bag and using a hybrid in place of a fairway off the deck.

What are the longest hybrids you've hit, regardless of brand?

The Callaway super hybrid is pretty damn long.

Super Hybrid is the longest I have hit

I look for a hybrid that I can launch, is forgiving, offers more consistent ballspeed over a bigger portion of the face and has more of a rounded sole. It's larger than a tiny hybrid. I don't like to play a hybrid that more than a .5-.75 inch longer than the comparable iron.

TEE, PXG, and now experimenting with a SIM Max when it gets here... I change stock shafts in all of them.

Last edited:
Currently have thw Mizuno CLK20 3h in the bag, haven't adjusted standard loft but it's superb, considering a matching 2h to try to gap between it & driver (don't play a fairway unless I can find one theough THP in '21)

Hit an 42” hybrid one time

did not go well

I won't even try it. Longest is 40 inches, which is a tad longer than I like but I was trying to get 5 wd distance with it. That won't work. So I grip down to 39.5 inches on a 19. May cut it later.

Super hybrid is very long, but I was erratic with it. The CLK is a bomber. The Srixon and Cleveland 16* hybrids are very good and long. I know the epic flash and the CBX line were well liked too. Depends on what you’re looking for.

I won't even try it. Longest is 40 inches, which is a tad longer than I like but I was trying to get 5 wd distance with it. That won't work. So I grip down to 39.5 inches on a 19. May cut it later.

do you like gripping down? Sometimes I don’t mind it almost like a counterweight

do you like gripping down? Sometimes I don’t mind it almost like a counterweight

Yes, better to do it with an extra wrap on the grip but that's exactly how I think about it.:)

Super hybrid is very long, but I was erratic with it. The CLK is a bomber. The Srixon and Cleveland 16* hybrids are very good and long. I know the epic flash and the CBX line were well liked too. Depends on what you’re looking for.
I've always used a hybrid as an iron replacement that can hold a green. However, I have been inconsistent with my fairways off the deck lately. I am looking for something that is easier to hit but is all about distance.

Thanks everyone for their suggestions.

Mine was a TaylorMade M1, but I don't think that I necessarily get along well with hybrids. I also had a couple Titleist models but I got rid of them all pretty quickly.

Callaway Super Hybrid.

BB19 3H is the longest I’ve hit but haven’t had a chance to swing my 17* super hybrid yet

I have a ping G40 and have to say they are long!!!

I've always used a hybrid as an iron replacement that can hold a green. However, I have been inconsistent with my fairways off the deck lately. I am looking for something that is easier to hit but is all about distance.

Thanks everyone for their suggestions.
Have you considered a heavenwood?

Currently have thw Mizuno CLK20 3h in the bag, haven't adjusted standard loft but it's superb, considering a matching 2h to try to gap between it & driver (don't play a fairway unless I can find one theough THP in '21)
I have a 2H I use instead of a fairway and it does everything I could hope for.

I got a brand agnostic fitting for a hybrid this summer. The Ping G410 and Callaway Mavrik were the longest hybrids and best clubs overall (small dispersion, easy to shape shots). In my case the Ping G410 edged out the Mavrik.

Tour Edge EXS was like a mini-FW. Super long and hot face!

Playing longer courses I will put an old Titleist 713h 17* hybrid in my bag. It's more consistent than my 5 wood and will travel 210 - 220 depending on how good a swing i put on it.

Super Hybrid is really long, but inconsistent for me. Ping G410 is very long as well, I seem to get along better with the Tensei Blue than the Tensei Orange

Had a Ping G 2H. I liked that one quite a bit but just got to where I don’t use hybrids anymore

Longest? Super Hybrid

Back