Looking for a new putter $100 or less

Hacker

Hacker Supreme!
Reaction score
Handicap
Looking for a good cheap putter. Just wondering what you guys think is the best cheap putter out there. I think I want a blade or possibly a mallet putter. Just looking for some ideas.

Ping Karsten Series. Cleveland Classics.

Cleveland / Ping have a lot of good flat sticks for $79.00 / $100.00

Cleveland / Ping have a lot of good flat sticks for $79.00 / $100.00

I was just looking at Golfsmith and they have the Ping for $99 and the Cleveland for $79. They look good online. I am going to go to the store tomorrow and try them out. Thanks

I got my putter at a demo sale at GolfTown. Got it for ~70 bucks, and I held it up next to the brand new full price club and the only noticable difference was the different price sticker.

Cleveland Classics is my gut reaction, but Ping and Odyssey have some nice ones.

gonna have a yes!Ann in the mp in a second here for about 65 bucks if your interested

I beleive Adams has several in the 70.00 range.

gonna have a yes!Ann in the mp in a second here for about 65 bucks if your interested

No thanks, I need it by tomorrow for my league. Thanks anyway

Cleveland classic putters are $49 on tow they have various styles
http://www.tgw.com/customer/category/product.jsp?SUBCATEGORY_ID=16300&CP=CUSTOMFAVS:16300

i-cc1blade.jpg

golfsmith was selling odyssey tour blackseries putters for 100 this pst weekend, was a 250 putter a few months ago

golfsmith was selling odyssey tour blackseries putters for 100 this pst weekend, was a 250 putter a few months ago

I was looking at that. That is definitely on my try out list.

Wow ! that's a good price.

yeah and i thought i got a great deal amonth ago at150 lol

Exactly the same thing with me. If they're still at that price, get one. I love mine. It rolls the ball so well. Very good offering IMO.

I was very impressed with the STX Sync I recently tried. Not sure if they are available in Golfsmith or not though and I know you want it tomorrow.

Looking for a good cheap putter. Just wondering what you guys think is the best cheap putter out there. I think I want a blade or possibly a mallet putter. Just looking for some ideas.

No thanks, I need it by tomorrow for my league. Thanks anyway
If you're going to get something in time for your league tomorrow, I'd say go hit everything you can tomorrow at your local golf store. I'd sure hate to be buying something on that short of notice. What if it works in the store but you realize by hole 6 that it actually sucks for you?

Find somewhere that has the iping app and see what type fits your stroke the best.

Cleveland Classics
Nike Method Core
Ping Karsten
Odyssey white ice/hot
TaylorMade Smoke series

Those are a few that'll be in your price range

--
Tapatalk2

Cleveland Classic, TM White Smoke, Nike Everclear or Ping Karsten are all good choices. Ive owned a few Cleveland Classics and theyre really nice putters for the money. The only thing is youd want to get them regripped right away. The stock grip is horrible. The Nike Everclear is really nice too. I actually almost bought one instead of the Method Core that I ended up with. They arent the right putter if you want a traditional look though. There is NOTHING traditional about the looks of the Everclear.

I do a lot of club trading and switching so have tried a lot of clubs. Came across a Mizuno T P Mills that is really nice to use. Seems to be Cameron quality at a Fraction of the price. Even though it has some age it's an excellent putter.

Don't rush into it because you want it for your league. Take your time and find a good one you like.

I do a lot of club trading and switching so have tried a lot of clubs. Came across a Mizuno T P Mills that is really nice to use. Seems to be Cameron quality at a Fraction of the price. Even though it has some age it's an excellent putter.
They only problem with those is that they arent very forgiving and have a REALLY small sweetspot. You have a spot about the size of a quarter to hit or else the ball goes off line and you lost a lot of distance.
Ive owned a few and theyre nice putters but unless you are obsessed with having a forged putter and thats all you can afford, theres better options out there.

Back